Star Lotulelei this season

DBilz2500

Simply put, Star is a big reason our defense has turned the corner this year.

He is doing the dirty work and fans can finally appreciate what he brings to the team when he is in the line-up especially after witnessing the soft middle of our defense last season.

Been watching him more closely this year and kind of in awe of what he has done against the doubles with his quickness, positioning, anchoring, and leverage.

He has been a disruptive force.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, FarrellsFinest said:

With the 32nd pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...Jordan Davis, DT Georgia

Jordan Davis on this DL next year would be absolutely filthy.  

We’ll likely move off Butler, maybe Harry as well, so drafting Davis to rotate in would make a-lot of sense. 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Jordan Davis on this DL next year would be absolutely filthy.  

We’ll likely move off Butler, maybe Harry as well, so drafting Davis to rotate in would make a-lot of sense. 

yeah Davis not gonna be around at 32

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/15/2021 at 2:47 PM, FarrellsFinest said:

With the 32nd pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...Jordan Davis, DT Georgia

Big Star fan here, but yes to this. Restructuring Star for another year or two.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:48 PM, WideNine said:

Simply put, Star is a big reason our defense has turned the corner this year.

He is doing the dirty work and fans can finally appreciate what he brings to the team when he is in the line-up especially after witnessing the soft middle of our defense last season.

Been watching him more closely this year and kind of in awe of what he has done against the doubles with his quickness, positioning, anchoring, and leverage.

He has been a disruptive force.

Welcome to the party, pal!

Edited by Dopey

On 9/27/2021 at 10:21 PM, DBilz2500 said:

Is it just me or does Star seem to be more active, more noticeable and even a little faster this season? I know his numbers don’t jump off the page, they never will, but I just feel like he’s making more of an impact compared to past seasons. Thoughts? 

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, foreboding said:

I guess he dropped down to his collegiate playing weight. Funny how many thought he was a waste until we didn't have him last year. I often see him holding up two linemen while out ends and LBs run free. Shows how important a big D tackle like Star is.

Yeah that "I always play at around 310" was a crock of sh*t.   As Lofton said during the game,  Lotulelei acknowledged that he used to play at 340.   He's gotten in shape and lost a lot of weight and become a much more of a disruptive player.   Instead of being an ineffective pseudo nose tackle he's become a very productive part of the rotation of players all doing the same kind of work.    The switch away from bloated blocks of sh*t at 1 tech started last year but Star is making it work better with his new found ability to rush the passer.  Combined with surprisingly great run defense from Rousseau they are a much different front this year despite otherwise bringing back the same guys.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah that "I always play at around 310" was a crock of sh*t.   As Lofton said during the game,  Lotulelei acknowledged that he used to play at 340.   He's gotten in shape and lost a lot of weight and become a much more of a disruptive player.   Instead of being an ineffective pseudo nose tackle he's become a very productive part of the rotation of players all doing the same kind of work.    The switch away from bloated blocks of sh*t at 1 tech started last year but Star is making it work better with his new found ability to rush the passer.  Combined with surprisingly great run defense from Rousseau they are a much different front this year despite otherwise bringing back the same guys.

And Edmunds, who has been pinning his ears back and laying the wood for a month straight now - the lightbulb may have come on.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

And Edmunds, who has been pinning his ears back and laying the wood for a month straight now - the lightbulb may have come on.

Agreed and once again the Erik Turner film review videos confirm that new urgency he's got. Love it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

Agreed and once again the Erik Turner film review videos confirm that new urgency he's got. Love it.

Will have to check those out - just based on my own untrained eyes, he’s playing much faster and with more violence and it seems to be self-fulfilling in terms of the confidence he’s gaining.

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Will have to check those out - just based on my own untrained eyes, he’s playing much faster and with more violence and it seems to be self-fulfilling in terms of the confidence he’s gaining.

here's a short preview covering both Tremaine and Milano

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.