Star Lotulelei this season

DBilz2500

11 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Is it just me or does Star seem to be more active, more noticeable and even a little faster this season? I know his numbers don’t jump off the page, they never will, but I just feel like he’s making more of an impact compared to past seasons. Thoughts? 

I agree. Seems more active, moving better, even showing some pass rush or at least pocket movement.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the difference was we expected star to eat up blocks and free some guys up (which he does) but we are also seeing he can make a play or two when he’s one on one. We’ve been sending some blitzes and he’s beating his 1 on 1 matchups and that’s a great sign. I can’t recall many times in previous years where he’s in the backfield often, he seems to be there this year so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, without a drought said:

He looks a lot better than last year.

It was like he was invisible last, he'smuch more of an impact this season and it isn't even close.

I think it would be hard for Doug marrone to not fit at least 6 "obviously" in this reply.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I feel like he's the same.

I've watched some of 2019 on Gamepass.

He's clearly not the disappointment that so many fans wanted to label him as.

I forgot Beasley used to wear number 10...

I made many a post frustrated with the throwaway nature many fans here had for him.

Part of the reason (to some) that he is a “surprise” is obviously because he didn’t play last year.  There seems to be some difficultly for some in correlating the mediocre nature of our run defense for a good chunk of last year with…oh yeah, that guy not being here that made our defense better that many around here wanted to get rid of.

That and the 3/4s of TSW that thought Milano wasn’t worth keeping for the money (I was so on board with the 8 figures per year for him long before they re-signed him), or the “always hurt” or the utterly ridiculous nature of the “he’s just not that good” were simply consternating given the optics of how good he was and how much better we were with him on the field.

Makes me, unfortunately, think that a good number of TSW members are the remnants of the Sabres’ “let’s run Donald Audette and Ray Shepherd out of town!” crew.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I made many a post frustrated with the throwaway nature many fans here had for him.

Part of the reason (to some) that he is a “surprise” is obviously because he didn’t play last year.  There seems to be some difficultly for some in correlating the mediocre nature of our run defense for a good chunk of last year with…oh yeah, that guy not being here that made our defense better that many around here wanted to get rid of.

That and the 3/4s of TSW that thought Milano wasn’t worth keeping for the money (I was so on board with the 8 figures per year for him long before they re-signed him), or the “always hurt” or the utterly ridiculous nature of the “he’s just not that good” we’re simply consternating given the optics of how good he was and how much better we were with him on the field.

Makes me, unfortunately, think that a good number of TSW members are the remnants of the Sabres’ “let’s run Donald Audette and Ray Shepherd out of town!” crew.

Aw, did you have to bring up Ray Sheppard? It only took me 30 years to forget that one ... 😫

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That and the 3/4s of TSW that thought Milano wasn’t worth keeping for the money (I was so on board with the 8 figures per year for him long before they re-signed him), or the “always hurt” or the utterly ridiculous nature of the “he’s just not that good” we’re simply consternating given the optics of how good he was and how much better we were with him on the field.

Good take on Star and since you were onto Milano potential and ability - what is your take of Edmunds?  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The BLUES Brothers said:

Good take on Star and since you were onto Milano potential and ability - what is your take of Edmunds?  

Btw, please don’t take my rant above as any sort of acumen whatsoever as I am still pretty much a moron.  It was just the way I felt and I truly couldn’t see what others were watching.

I really like Edmunds, but when he’s not on the field we are not as good, but not as bad off, as we are without Milano.  And to be clear Star makes a difference for both of them.

If they can sign him for similar Milano money, great and if they think it works cap wise because it definitely works on the field.  However, If he goes much above that, which he may, I am worried about him sticking around.

edit:  additionally, though, anyone here completely happy with keeping Butler?  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

All I know is what my eyes see watching a play with poor camera angles.  Angles that only track the position of the ball.  Teams are not running up the middle on the Bills and getting routinely to the LBs and Safeties.  Is that Star or is it a combination of Star and Oliver playing better?  I think it is both. I strongly suspect Weeks 5 and 6 will answer this definitively.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.