Zach Moss needs to be the lead back

32 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Moss, if he can stay healthy, will be the guy that gets the tough yards both in short yardage and milking the clock if we have leads in the 4th qtr. He runs harder than Motor and is equally effective with screens and swing passes. He will be impactful and compliment our great passing attack. 

He is the X factor against the Chiefs, Titans, etc. Keeps defenses honest

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He is the X factor against the Chiefs, Titans, etc. Keeps defenses honest

They made a mistake not having him against Pittsburgh. Since his return, the running game and short passes to the backs has really complimented Josh's midrange and vertical passing game. Zach runs hard and he smells the  goal line.  After that fumble against Miami he's been a load.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Sorry but Devin is a backup or even third string RB,  Moss should be the starter and should some great receiving skills that Devin does not have

He was averaging 6+ yards per carry the last 2 games. The Miami game had some struggles but it's not as if he had plays blocked up well in that game.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

He was averaging 6+ yards per carry the last 2 games. The Miami game had some struggles but it's not as if he had plays blocked up well in that game.

garbage time run against PIT late.

without the long td run. his avg was like 2.2 yds per carry

58 minutes ago, WideNine said:

In this past game it did feel like Moss was more decisive and was able to get more yards after contact than Devin.

He has a more bruising style that I think is a bit more effective when our backs hit that second level of a defense. Devin is a bit more of a finesse RB that can make folks miss if he is given space. It is up to Dabs on how to best align what they bring and use them effectively.

He was also fairly elusive with some nice moves.

1 hour ago, berg1029 said:

I love me some devin singletary, but he scares me.  Every time he touches the ball I feel like I'm waiting for him to fumble or drop the pass.  I'd prefer Moss just for ball security reasons alone. 

I really don’t- the guy is a 2 or a 3 on other teams. Just an average back. Moss should be the 1, and really he is a 2 also.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

The problem with that is if you try to ride him, you're going to lose him.

He's one of those guys that runs so galdanged hard that it's only a matter of time before he gets hurt.

Protect him from himself by making him part of a tandem and you'll have a great back you can rely on all year; try to turn him into a lead back and you're going to be watching the Bills wasting downs with Matt Breida behind an OLine that can't make space for him.

Yeah I can agree with this.  Unfortunately Moss has an injury history going back to Utah and I think a big part of it is his play style.  If he can stay healthy I think we will see him get the bulk of carries.  

39 minutes ago, Simon said:

Thank you........ I think? - )

Beast Mod

Just now, Fan boy '92 said:

Well, let's take a look. 2021 yards per carry averages:

Zack Moss-4.09

League average-4.4

Devon Singletary-5.14

Bold pronouncement by the op.

Most fans operate from game to game and can barely remember the week prior. I blame it on the hard tailgating.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Sorry but Devin is a backup or even third string RB,  Moss should be the starter and should some great receiving skills that Devin does not have

Who “starts” doesn’t matter as much as how many snaps they get and who is playing in crunch time. They each have different strengths and weaknesses, but I like them as a tandem for now. You don’t have to draft a big name early, then pay them a fortune to extend. Ask the Cowboys. Good backs are available every year in rounds 3-5. Use them up, then get a new one. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This reminds me of Edmunds vs Milano. With some fans, it has to be either-or. They just can't accept that guys have different roles and different strengths.

Motor and Moss is a play-the-hot hand situation. We can go back and forth week by week proclaiming one or the other as the starter. Motor looked better in preseason and entered the season as the starter with Moss a healthy scratch. It only took one week to change...

Based on his presser, McDermott said Moss is more motivated now. Motor was already motivated based on the offseason stories about his training. You think McDermott wanted Moss to take inspiration from Motor? 

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Fan boy '92 said:

You sound familiar. Were you head of Rex Ryan's analytics department?

That’s cute how about just use a little bit of common sense and take one long run out of motors stats and see what they look like give me Mosses Consistent production pass protection and receiving ability any day

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s cute how about just use a little bit of common sense and take one long run out of motors stats and see what they look like give me Mosses Consistent production pass protection and receiving ability any day

I wish we had the luxury of discounting one of Moss' breakout runs.

• Like (+1) 1