Alabama Vs. Ole Miss

Southern_Bills

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

If the game was in Oxford, I'd give the Rebels a better chance, but they are not going into Tuscaloosa with the upset.

I'm more interested in the Georgia-Arkansas game. Bulldogs looking very strong and the Razorbacks were outstanding against a good Texas A&M team.

Didn't realize they played this week. Definitely a good game to find out who's real. Love the way Arkansas is playing, see if they can keep it going. Maybe I can take a day off from the business to watch football Saturday 😂

• Like (+1) 1

Ole Miss. seems to be much better than they were last season and Alabama, while very talented, is certainly not as good as they were a year ago. That said, their defense is probably a little better. 

Overall, Alabama has better players and they are home. Their TE Billingsly was in Saban's doghouse and was demoted to 3rd string. They made peace and now he is getting open all over the field and scoring touchdowns. If he keeps his head together he is a certain NFL star imo. Bryce Young is cool and calm in the pocket and is able to escape from pressure but he is still inexperienced. The OL is strong.  Thanks to Ohio State for Jameson Williams who ran back 2 kickoffs for TDs last week. Freshman JoJo Earle is ready to explode on punt returns and at WR. I stronly urge folks who like college football to watch this kid. He reminds me a little of Jaylen Waddle.

The running back room is very deep if unspectacular.

The DL is starting to come around with the return of LaBryan Ray. Freshman Jamil Burroughs is starting to see the field at nose and he is scary. The LBs are their strength even without the great Chris Allen (out for the season) and the secondary is deep and solid.

Overall, I would not lay or take the points in this game. Kiffen is a gifted offensive coach and I truly believe that he wants to return to Alabama as head coach when Saban retires. I am positive that this game means the world to him. 

Fun Fact: Despite their tough schedule year after year, the last time the Crimson Tide did NOT have the lead in a game was 53 quarters ago. 

Prediction: Alabama 34 Ole Miss 28

As always, jmo.....

Edited by Bill from NYC

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought this was a night game. Huge miss. Oh well guess I won’t see it. 

It was beautiful. Kiffen tried to be cute and kept going for it on 4th down. That is hard to do vs. Alabama and he was unsuccessful every time.

Saban knew that Miss. would be playing pretty much a 3/8, and ran the football down their throats. It was a coaching clinic by Saban.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.