All things Trubisky, solid interview

Teddy KGB

41 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

"Hi, this is Carl from Cheektowaga.  I called the 'if josh plays like crap' thread yesterday...Trubisky sure seems to have the pedigree to be the #1 QB for this team...hello?"

And no, Teddy KGB, this is not a shot at you. 😁

robert de niro compliment GIFP

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, K-No said:

Really? Where? If Josh remains healthy and Mitch gets minimal show time, why will the demand be any higher next year?  Asking for a friend...

Tell “your friend” I can count 5-6 teams that need a QB and next years QB class has 1 first round QB and he is nothing special. Mitch spends 1 year under Dabol and follows him to one of those teams when he gets the HC job. Or he takes an offer from one of the others. He will be in high demand. 

Chicago (obviously not going back there)

Philly
Miami

Atlanta

Washington 

Houston

Indy (maybe)

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 3

If I was Mitch I would have Washington on top of the list and they will pay him well....they have a #1 WR, solid running game, and a Defense that can keep it close. Houston is a mess, Atlanta has big issues. Philly will give their guy 2 years at least.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

If I was Mitch I would have Washington on top of the list and they will pay him well....they have a #1 WR, solid running game, and a Defense that can keep it close. Houston is a mess, Atlanta has big issues. Philly will give their guy 2 years at least.

I’m sure Beane and McDermott might want to help their friend, Ron Rivera, out of a tough situation 

8 hours ago, GoBills! said:

Pittsburg should be on the phone with Beane imo 

• Agree 2

On 9/28/2021 at 3:09 PM, wppete said:

How stupid does Chicago look letting Mitch walk and have a disaster at QB in Fields and Dalton. Mitch is going to get payed next year for sure. 

I think Mitch made the right move to take a year to heal and learn under Dabs on a team that is well-managed and getting a lot of prime time coverage. He should be able to find a few suiters out there especially if he has to spell Allen a few games.

Never want to think about Allen getting dinged, but feel much better with Mitch warming the bench if our QB1 ever needs time to heal. Was thinking back to Allen's shoulder injury against Vegas last year that I think impacted the games where he played through the injury and how the staff now would likely give him a bit more time to recover with their confidence in Mitch able to take some snaps.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I think Mitch made the right move to take a year to heal and learn under Dabs on a team that is well-managed and getting a lot of prime time coverage. He should be able to find a few suiters out there especially if he has to spell Allen a few games.

Never want to think about Allen getting dinged, but feel much better with Mitch warming the bench if our QB1 ever needs time to heal. Was thinking back to Allen's shoulder injury against Vegas last year that I think impacted the games where he played through the injury and how the staff now would likely give him a bit more time to recover with their confidence in Mitch able to take some snaps.

R

I mean maybe Titans and Chiefs were pretty significant games that'd be a tough decision even if you do have confidence in Mitch.

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean maybe Titans and Chiefs were pretty significant games that'd be a tough decision even if you do have confidence in Mitch.

True, but thought Allen was pretty beat up during that Titan game.

Just think I have less concerns with an NFL vet like Mitch filling in than some rookie or someone who struggled to make it onto an NFL roster.

No offense to Barkley as he seemed to be a great locker room guy, but I don't think he was going to catch anyone other than the Jets that 1st game by surprise.