Simms- "Buffalo is the best team in the AFC"

Stank_Nasty

6 hours ago, wppete said:

As of right now we are the most complete and best team in the AFC. I think Cleveland #2, Chargers #3, Broncos #4 and Raiders #5. 

The Broncos are not a good team. They have played 3 of the worst teams in the NFL.  They will likely not make the playoffs.

Raiders are OK, but like a 9-8 team or a 10-7 team. Nothing special.

Chiefs are still minimally the 3rd best team in the AFC.

Chargers forced 4 turnovers and still had to rely on a last second Herbert TD pass to win. That's not going to happen every game. I don't want to say it was lucky but they had everything go right for them and still barely won.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Dude was wiiiiide open in the middle of the field haha I loved that 

I loved Chris Simms' take on that play. "I felt like I wanted to talk to my 11 year old after that and say I know it's cool, but come on man." The no-look pass is good misdirection if he's trying to manipulate a defender. When the #5 WR on the depth chart is running wide open in the middle of the field just look at him and toss a layup. There's something about Mahomes that is so unlikable and it's good to see him caught high on his own supply.

But I fully expect the Chiefs to turn it around. They are still a really good team that keeps killing themselves with stupid mistakes. I won't believe the Bills are better than them until they actually defeat them. Two weeks.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I loved Chris Simms' take on that play. "I felt like I wanted to talk to my 11 year old after that and say I know it's cool, but come on man." The no-look pass is good misdirection if he's trying to manipulate a defender. When the #5 WR on the depth chart is running wide open in the middle of the field just look at him and toss a layup. There's something about Mahomes that is so unlikable and it's good to see him caught high on his own supply.

But I fully expect the Chiefs to turn it around. They are still a really good team that keeps killing themselves with stupid mistakes. I won't believe the Bills are better than them until they actually defeat them. Two weeks.

Yep agreed...kc has to be careful though cuz that chargers roster is no joke and Denver has been a qb away for the last few years. Looks like the Raiders could be good too so they don't have much wiggle room.  We've still got a decent shot at the 1 or 2 seed even if we drop one to kc 

8 hours ago, Process said:

We'll find out in two weeks. The Chiefs embarrassed us twice last season, we need to beat them. 

If the Bills beat the Chiefs then the Chiefs might not even make the playoffs this season.  They have some tough games ahead of them and they would be in a pretty bad divisional hole.

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

We need to show that we can hang with them.  The Chiefs game scares me after watching our Bills have zero answers for the Chefs on either side of the ball.

The interesting thing about that is the plan than Baltimore and LAC have used the past two weeks on defense has a lot of the elements of the plan McDermott and Frazier used in week 6 last year. Don't blitz, rush 4, drop 7, invite Kansas City to run, try and take Hill away make Robinson and Hardman and Pringle beat you. 

The Bills were not able to execute the plan well enough last year because the defensive line play was not good enough ultimately. CEH had his way with them and when they did drop back to pass our rush never got near Mahomes. But it is becoming more apparent that when you take their deep shots away KC starts to get frustrated and they can make mistakes on offense. 

I would expect that plan again, hopefully better executed because the "we are just gonna play our defense" plan in the AFCCG didn't really work out.

• Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yep agreed...kc has to be careful though cuz that chargers roster is no joke and Denver has been a qb away for the last few years. Looks like the Raiders could be good too so they don't have much wiggle room.  We've still got a decent shot at the 1 or 2 seed even if we drop one to kc 

And one other thing, The Raiders, Chargers, and Broncos are all division opponents, they do not fear the Chiefs--they are too familiar with them and have confidence when playing them. The Bills have to get that same level of confidence.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Andy1 said:

We can’t claim anything till we prove we can beat the Chiefs. If we had to split with them this year, I’d rather barely lose to them in 2 weeks and beat them in the playoffs than vice versa. 

we have this opportunity to beat the chiefs and the titans back to back on the road.....but first to take care of business against the visiting Texans

• Like (+1) 1

I doubt we beat KC in KC. Sucks, but I just don't quite think we're there yet.. I feel like we ARE closer than last year... Doesn't mean we're not a SB contender! Does mean we'll likely need to find a way to the #1 seed in order to get them at home in the playoffs.

Hoping I am off here and we can upset them.

14 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The Broncos are not a good team. They have played 3 of the worst teams in the NFL.  They will likely not make the playoffs.

Raiders are OK, but like a 9-8 team or a 10-7 team. Nothing special.

Chiefs are still minimally the 3rd best team in the AFC.

Chargers forced 4 turnovers and still had to rely on a last second Herbert TD pass to win. That's not going to happen every game. I don't want to say it was lucky but they had everything go right for them and still barely won.

I also don't believe the Broncos will be in final playoff picture but their defense is legit top 5 and doing what it should similar to the Bills against weaker teams.

We'll know a lot more about them this week against the Ravens.

At this point though I still see the West sending 3 total teams to the playoffs (likely Raiders/Chiefs/Chargers)

19 hours ago, eball said:

My favorite play from the KC-LAC game yesterday was “showman” Mahomes throwing a no-look pass for an interception when it was completely unnecessary.

Can you imagine the media bile if Josh had done something like that?

I'm just glad we no longer have to see that stupid stat about how Mahomes (who is 1-3 in his last four starts) has never thrown an interception in September.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Simms touting our guys as the best team in the conference. A fun little watch. Talks about how they've proven already they can win big in multiple ways and if Josh is on his game its basically game over.

IMO, come January, Pitt is gonna be looking at week 1 as the highlight of their season as they watch the playoffs from their couches and it will have been nothing to the Bills but a nice little wakeup call. 

I think you are dead right and if we dont win a Super Bowl and can trace it back to that Pitt loss, it will be another historically tragic loss to real Bills fans.

13 minutes ago, eball said:

"Careless with the football."

"Playing hero ball."

"Hasn't matured."

Eball, I agree. As well as this from some fans:

“He’s 2019 Josh, or worse, 2018 Josh”

“Maybe he’s not who we thought he was. 2020 was only one year”

”Now that he signed the contract, he’ll get worse”

”He must not be a franchise QB”

Edited by BillsFan619

21 hours ago, eball said:

My favorite play from the KC-LAC game yesterday was “showman” Mahomes throwing a no-look pass for an interception when it was completely unnecessary.

Eye arrogance!

21 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Don't forget Quittin' Spain who had a mysterious injury on the plane to play his former team.

The Spain on the plane didn’t train and feels pain.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 1