Simms- "Buffalo is the best team in the AFC"

Stank_Nasty

59 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Do you think that list is going to hold true come week 18?

Do you think the chefs are through?

Do you think it is now impossible for Josh to regress?

Lets be hungry but let's not forget to be humble. 

I look at the opponents and the Chiefs barely beat the Browns, but they are darn good, so is Baltimore, and LAC.  Don’t count those cats out.  Clark will get back from his suspension in I think the week or two after us.  He’s a beast.

Im not force ranking right now as we lost to an excellent defense, but a weak offense in Pitt.  Miami are pretenders even though 5ey almost beat LVR, and WFT will not be thought of that highly at the end of the year.  This is perfect for us.  We beat on the Dolphins, shored up our passing game with WFT, and next week will be ugly for Houston.  I’m not afraid of KC, or TN, but we will have two nice challenges and that is where I’ll start pounding my chest if we win both.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

They didn't have a problem with Henry the last 2 games they've played. 2019 Bills won 14-7 Henry was 20carries for 78 yrs. 2020 Bills lost the Covid Bowl  42-16 without Tre, Milano, Star, Smoke and Wallace. Henry still only got 19carries for 57 yards. Mostly because the Bills played sloppy D without their main starters and untimely turnovers deep in our territory. This year will be different, hopefully

Don't forget Quittin' Spain who had a mysterious injury on the plane to play his former team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am not ready to say they are the best team in the AFC, yet, but I said before the season that KC's schedule this year was tougher and their division would be better and I thought the Bills had the inside track on the #1 seed. 

At the start of the season I had four teams in my AFC Superbowl bubble - Buffalo, Kansas City, Cleveland and Baltimore. I might now have Baltimore just outside that with all the injuries but their coaching remains top notch and they have a winning culture. Tennessee don't have the defense, Denver don't have the Quarterback and Vegas won't have the staying power (they have collapsed post Thanskgiving the last two years having been well in the wildcard race). The wildcard is the Chargers but they are still inconsistent. Beating KC but losing to Dallas is not the formula. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

I will still say the chiefs until the bills beat them.

If the bills do, then it's arguable IMO

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not ready to say they are the best team in the AFC, yet, but I said before the season that KC's schedule this year was tougher and their division would be better and I thought the Bills had the inside track on the #1 seed. 

At the start of the season I had four teams in my AFC Superbowl bubble - Buffalo, Kansas City, Cleveland and Baltimore. I might now have Baltimore just outside that with all the injuries but their coaching remains top notch and they have a winning culture. Tennessee don't have the defense, Denver don't have the Quarterback and Vegas won't have the staying power (they have collapsed post Thanskgiving the last two years having been well in the wildcard race). The wildcard is the Chargers but they are still inconsistent. Beating KC but losing to Dallas is not the formula. 

Good post.

I can't say I'm sold on the chargers yet myself.

Like they beat KC yesterday, but I think chiefs turned it over 4 times? That never happens .

Chargers are still good, just don't think they are ready to compete with the big boys when it's all said and done.

3 hours ago, Process said:

We'll find out in two weeks. The Chiefs embarrassed us twice last season, we need to beat them. 

Yesterday's game showed that our team matched up well against the Redskins in zone coverage.   It is going to be a big question as to how they are going to matchup one on one with the elite receivers of the Chiefs.   The Bills will have a great shot if our OL can keep Allen from getting hit and our DL can get to Mahomes repeatedly.   The moment the ball goes in the air, I don't think our backisde has the speed to match their receivers.

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I will still say the chiefs until the bills beat them.

If the bills do, then it's arguable IMO

Good post.

I can't say I'm sold on the chargers yet myself.

Like they beat KC yesterday, but I think chiefs turned it over 4 times? That never happens .

Chargers are still good, just don't think they are ready to compete with the big boys when it's all said and done.

Allen competed in his second season with a 10-6 record.   I am sure Herbert can do the same.  That chargers team is loaded

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Yesterday's game showed that our team matched up well against the Redskins in zone coverage.   It is going to be a big question as to how they are going to matchup one on one with the elite receivers of the Chiefs.   The Bills will have a great shot if our OL can keep Allen from getting hit and our DL can get to Mahomes repeatedly.   The moment the ball goes in the air, I don't think our backisde has the speed to match their receivers.

Allen competed in his second season with a 10-6 record.   I am sure Herbert can do the same.  That chargers team is loaded

Sure, I think they can get to 10 wins.

I just meant I don't think they are going to make much noise in the playoffs, yet.

Next year very possible 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

My favorite play from the KC-LAC game yesterday was “showman” Mahomes throwing a no-look pass for an interception when it was completely unnecessary.

My favorite is always how announcers and social media cream their jeans when he runs his shovel pass. Literally nobody in the history of the NFL has ever been gushed over as much for shovel passes…. But his are underhand so OH MY GOD DID YOU JUST SEE THAT

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

We'll find out in two weeks. The Chiefs embarrassed us twice last season, we need to beat them. 

We need to show that we can hang with them.  The Chiefs game scares me after watching our Bills have zero answers for the Chefs on either side of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Sure, I think they can get to 10 wins.

I just meant I don't think they are going to make much noise in the playoffs, yet.

Next year very possible 

Yeah...like how our 10-6 bills went one and out in that years wild card.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

We need to show that we can hang with them.  The Chiefs game scares me after watching our Bills have zero answers for the Chefs on either side of the ball.

Right, if we lose a tight, competitive game that's fine. But if we get completely outcoached, outplayed, and outclassed again that will be a major concern.

3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

How have the Titans looked? I am looking at our schedule and I had them and KC as the two biggest challenges before the season started.

I have noticed the Titans offense isn't as potent without Arthur Smith. Their defense is suspect at best. I mean they played a team with a QB with 2 sprained ankles. The absolute biggest mistake their offense is making is the overuse of Derrick Henry. Henry was GASSED when they played Baltimore last year and it showed. If they continue to run Henry to death, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year although the AFC south is probably the weakest division.

• Like (+1) 1