Josh Gordon joining the Chiefs

Gambit

7 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

this is a low risk, potentially high reward move.  If he comes in and his head is right (who knows) this could be like an AB to Tampa situation last year.  On the other thand, if he is really washed up, seems like they just cut him.  

Why is a guy who's barely played for years expected to be high-reward?

Interesting I was looking at a KC chat group yesterday and they are saying:

- the playcalling has become predictable;

- not enough quick hitters to get Mahomes in rhythm;

- too many deep routes putting pressure on a struggling oline;

- the receivers after Hill and Kelce are JAGs and not very good. 

I thought I was back on here after week 1 against the Steelers 😄. That said taking a punt on Gordon might suggest that at least on the last of those points Veach agrees to an extent.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, without a drought said:

I thought he would sign with the Bills just so he could play his home games at Highmark Stadium.

And legal 'mary, wanna cigarette?' not too far away.

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I see what you did there...😁

14 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Andy Reid must be a classic enabler. 

He understands addiction.......his is cheeseburgers ;)

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He has the connections to help his teammates score ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Gambit said:

That's a great question. He's had how many "2nd chances" at this point? Hopefully he finally kicked his addiction.

I think it's a strategic thing. He's only getting busted for pot right? So basically when he wants to play & get some extra cash, he stops smoking for a bit.

Then once he decides he's had enough of a team but doesn't want to go through the whole process, he tokes up, gets himself cut, and then is a free agent... left to pick whatever team he returns to when he finally decides he cares again lol

He's a genius!

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Who in the NFL hierarchy does he have pics of?  There's no other way to explain the ridiculous amount of "2nd chances" he's gotten.

My guess is, right or wrong, the league doesn't want to be known for ending someone's career because they smoked pot. As you know many states have legalized it as medicine. It's only a matter of time until it's legal in all sports and all walks of life nationwide.

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Interesting I was looking at a KC chat group yesterday and they are saying:

- the playcalling has become predictable;

- not enough quick hitters to get Mahomes in rhythm;

- too many deep routes putting pressure on a struggling oline;

- the receivers after Hill and Kelce are JAGs and not very good. 

I thought I was back on here after week 1 against the Steelers 😄. That said taking a punt on Gordon might suggest that at least on the last of those points Veach agrees to an extent.

I think they are hoping he might provide some cheap fire power like AB did for the Bucs last year.  

He isn’t going to make a huge impact, but if he can keep his head on straight he certainly could be a guy who makes a few big plus for them in the playoffs.