Josh Gordon joining the Chiefs

Gambit

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

No, but Sammy was a bigger part than Gabbert. And to my point, doesnt need to be an All-Pro consistent player in order to contribute to them winning. Watkins did ok in KC, and had a couple break out games himself, where he starred as the 3rd or 4th option.

I could see Gordon fill that same role. And while I'm not scared of him, would really hate to see him have even his one break out game against us (or at any time for the Chiefs).

Fine but you’re using a straw man argument.  That wasn’t his original point.  

What can Gordon in 2021 do that Hardman can’t?

I'm not shocked. The NFL will scrape off the bottom of the barrel if they think a guy can play (Micharl Vick) prime example

I don't begrudge this man a living I pray he is straight and off the drugs now. As far has his career he's an opponent and will get no mercy from me #enemy haha

m

9 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Fine but you’re using a straw man argument.  That wasn’t his original point.  

What can Gordon in 2021 do that Hardman can’t?

Not really a strawman considering it's my post and point that first started being quoted. I was clarifying and reiterating my original point.

As for Hardman... right, exactly. I dont expect him to beat out Hardman for a starting spot. I expect Gordon to be in the wings, for when a team does successfully neutralize Hill and Kelce and Hardman. Just like Byron Pringle (who?!?) had 2/63 and 1 TD against Baltimore, that's the role Gordon steps in. I assume he can do as well, if not better than Byron Pringle. Or a Daurice Fountain.

It's not a great thing when a team like KC adds to their depth.

Folks can scoff at Gordon, and rightfully so, it's probably a safe bet that he'll do nothing. But I'd rather see him elsewhere. Like back in Seattle.

• Like (+1) 2

This is a baffling signing to me. KCs biggest issue is their defense, at least right now. And for all the talk about Allen playing uncharacteristally, Mahomes looked like a rookie yesterday and to me, signing Gordon won't help with that. Unless KC lost a receiver no one knows about?