Josh Gordon joining the Chiefs

Gambit

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Dislike.

Joke all you want about Gordon, but I'd rather not have the Chiefs increase their talent and chances of winning in any way, no matter how minuscule.

Dude can be a stud if/when he has his act together. I dont want to see that happen in 3 weeks.

Dude could have been a stud like 7 years ago. Now, he's at best JAG with minimal flash potential. 

Chiefs will sign any drudge of society as long as it isn't caught in tape.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dislike.

Joke all you want about Gordon, but I'd rather not have the Chiefs increase their talent and chances of winning in any way, no matter how minuscule.

Dude can be a stud if/when he has his act together. I dont want to see that happen in 3 weeks.

Oh hey a post from 8 years ago.  cool!

in all seriousness, if Gordon takes targets away from living, breathing players, then it's a positive for us

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dislike.

Unfortunately, he's never had his act together.  That's like saying Sammy Watkins could be a first team all pro if he was a hard worker and always stayed healthy.  Or Aldon Smith could be the next LT if he wasn't violently insane and an alcoholic.  

I have zero faith in Josh Gordon making any real impact for the Chiefs this season.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he never sees the field again.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Unfortunately, he's never had his act together.  That's like saying Sammy Watkins could be a first team all pro if he was a hard worker and always stayed healthy.  Or Aldon Smith could be the next LT if he wasn't violently insane and an alcoholic.  

I have zero faith in Josh Gordon making any real impact for the Chiefs this season.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he never sees the field again.

Pretty sure Sammy has a ring... with the Chiefs. 🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Nice to see another high character guy signing with the Chiefs.

All you bave to do is look at Andy Reid and not be surprised.

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dislike.

Can he?

What proof is there to add spine to that statement?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ll say this…if Gordon cleaned up his life and produces in that offense it would make a great recovery story but he’s been out of the NFL for almost 2 seasons and has been almost 10 years removed from his All-Pro season.

I think this move has less impact that signing Leveon Bell last season but who knows?  Worth a shot I guess 

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Pretty sure Sammy has a ring... with the Chiefs. 🤷‍♂️

So does Blaine Gabbert.  It doesn’t mean his career lived up to expectations. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

All you bave to do is look at Andy Reid and not be surprised.

Can he?

What proof is there to add spine to that statement?

Agreed on Reid.

And sure. I'm not expecting him to put up an All-Pro season. But all he needs is one good day as the 4th option because a defense successfully took away their first few options. A Sanders or even Knox-like day from yesterday.... handful of catches, less than 100 yards, and 1 or 2 TDs, can certainly change the outcome of a game.

We'll see what shape he's in of course. I'm certainly not getting any heart burn from it. But I dont like to see the Chiefs adding anyone to their roster who could possibly help out in any way.

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

So does Blaine Gabbert.  It doesn’t mean his career lived up to expectations. 

No, but Sammy was a bigger part than Gabbert. And to my point, doesnt need to be an All-Pro consistent player in order to contribute to them winning. Watkins did ok in KC, and had a couple break out games himself, where he starred as the 3rd or 4th option.

I could see Gordon fill that same role. And while I'm not scared of him, would really hate to see him have even his one break out game against us (or at any time for the Chiefs).