For those who went to the Washington Game, how was the Vaccination Verification Process?

Virgil

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

My family is coming up to the Texans game and I want to make sure we are prepared for stadium entry.  I know that you can bring your vaccination card, but did anyone use the Clear App?  Also, did they check your ID to see if it matched the vaccination information?

Any insight would be helpful

Quick and easy!

Showed them the app, walked through. Maybe 4 extra minutes of line compared to normal. Actual entry time was about 20 seconds longer than normal. They check the vaccine stuff, then waive you through to the metal detector and tickets.

Stadium seemed full even though it was a garbage opponent.

This week is garbage squared. 

2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

If a person was not vaccinated they would have to come in contact with 5,000 people to infect 1 person with a break through case 

that is the average. 

More importantly, I sat on a toilet seat in the men’s room. What are my odds of an STD?  

• Haha (+1) 1

all i gotta say about this: if you are nervous about covid, no amount of rigor on the checks for 70K people in close contact will be enough, so if you are scared don't go.

makes me think of a guy in my gym, does the BJJ classes.  wears a pretty strong looking n95 type mask (i think, never asked him).  the way i see it, if you are nervous enough to be the only person in the whole gym wearing a mask, you shouldn't be doing BJJ.

a friend of mine's whole family got covid, as near as we can tell they got it going to the giants home opener.  vax didn't stop it.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

More importantly, I sat on a toilet seat in the men’s room. What are my odds of an STD?  

A common fear among people is that STIs can be passed in public places, such as through contact with toilet seats. While it is theoretically possible that some STIs could be passed from person-to-person via a public toilet seat, it is extremely unlikely that you will become infected in this manner.

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

A common fear among people is that STIs can be passed in public places, such as through contact with toilet seats. While it is theoretically possible that some STIs could be passed from person-to-person via a public toilet seat, it is extremely unlikely that you will become infected in this manner.

Whew. I didn’t want to have to relay the news to my 75 sex partners. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep...the blabbers always shoot themselves (and everyone else) in the foot.

Here's the story people "Everything went fine and everyone followed protocol to a tee!! 🙂🙂🙂"

Get it right.

A lot of people's seasons got ruined a couple weeks ago because of poorly executed planning

I just can't say that everything went fine and everybody followed everything to a tee 

Even yesterday, because everybody knows that's not the case

They wanted vaccinated people in the stadium.. and then didn't even check to see if it was the right people 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

A lot of people's seasons got ruined a couple weeks ago because of poorly executed planning

I just can't say that everything went fine and everybody followed everything to a tee 

Even yesterday, because everybody knows that's not the case

They wanted vaccinated people in the stadium.. and then didn't even check to see if it was the right people 

"Ruined" is a strong word. The goal is to increase the percent of vaccinated at the game while making it as easy on the fans as possible. Mission accomplished.

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

My family is coming up to the Texans game and I want to make sure we are prepared for stadium entry.  I know that you can bring your vaccination card, but did anyone use the Clear App?  Also, did they check your ID to see if it matched the vaccination information?

Any insight would be helpful. 

Also, does anyone know if the field house is open for all the kid activities?

I was told by my ticket rep that the original card, the Clear app or "any government-issued" vaccine record, will be accepted. I bring the last one up because your original vax card is next to impossible to replace if lost. I just set up my Clear app so I don't need to bring my card. (Though I do carry an actual-size Xerox copy with me just in case.)  My buddy lost his card at a Blue Jays game at Sahlen Field. He couldn't replace the card but does have a State of Massachusetts-issued vaccine record. That supposedly will be accepted. I hope all the card-checkers get the same memo from the Bills so there's no confusion.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

"Ruined" is a strong word. The goal is to increase the percent of vaccinated at the game while making it as easy on the fans as possible. Mission accomplished.

Yeah but there was unvaccinated people at the game yesterday

They just used their cousin or brother's card .. I know it happened

And If you were a season ticket holder for 25 years , and you can't go to the games because you're  unvaccinated.. pretty sure your football year is ruined.. if you didn't decide to break the rules

If the goal was to make everybody be vaccinated they should probably check it's the right people 

Or the mandate is weak

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And If you were a season ticket holder for 25 years , and you can't go to the games because you're  unvaccinated.. pretty sure your football year is ruined.. if you didn't decide to break the rules

If the goal was to make everybody be vaccinated they should probably check it's the right people 

Or the mandate is weak

Of course there was. The goal is to increase the percent of vaccinated at the game while making it as easy on the fans as possible. Mission accomplished.

If you're a season ticket holder, you're probably at least selling your tickets to make some money back while watching the game on TV. Your choice to be an anti-vaxxer. It's also your choice to not vaccinate your kids and home-school them. Free country.

"Ruined" is definitely a strong word.

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Of course there was. The goal is to increase the percent of vaccinated at the game while making it as easy on the fans as possible. Mission accomplished.

If you're a season ticket holder, you're probably at least selling your tickets to make some money back while watching the game on TV. Your choice to be an anti-vaxxer. It's also your choice to not vaccinate your kids and home-school them. Free country.

"Ruined" is definitely a strong word.

Ruined can just mean subject to frustration  

There's absolutely a lot of frustrated people 

People try to turn this into a vax versus unvaxed argument.. it's not my argument

There are a lot of bills fans,who no longer get to see their passion... It is the biggest thing in Buffalo by far 

Families grow up around it.. I do feel for those people

Getting your money back for season tickets is not the same as seeing your favorite thing.. I feel for that

Because the bills are a huge part of the community.. vaccination status withstanding 

And If you've been going to games for 40 years.. it's a big part of your life

Edited by Buffalo716

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Or the mandate is weak

If they checked each person's vax status against a government issued photo ID and it took 2 hours to enter you would be complaining about that. i.e. You were always going to complain, no matter what happened.