Bills and The AFC: Three Games In

ngbills

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Ravens are lucky to not be 0-3 as well.  

Naw they are still a contender this year, although yesterday was definitely serious luck with that FG.

But how serious a contender remains to be seen because the AFC WC picture is very crowded again their division is up there as one of the toughest in the league right now even with the Steelers magically struggling after their playing their SB against us in week one.

38 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

There is a lot of season left. However, the Chiefs currently sitting at 1-2 has to be the biggest shock. Second to that would be Indy at 0-3.  Hopefully the Bills stay healthy and hungry. It’s way too early to know how the season will go.

Agreed - surprised at LAV start as well given the teams they beat albeit the games were close. DEN 3-0 looks more like a case of playing a soft schedule to start though it is still the NFL and they are taking care of business. 

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Naw they are still a contender this year, although yesterday was definitely serious luck with that FG.

But how serious a contender remains to be seen because the AFC WC picture is very crowded again their division is up there as one of the toughest in the league right now even with the Steelers magically struggling after their playing their SB against us in week one.

Again like I said, currently they are lucky to not be 0-3.  If not for a Chiefs last minute fumble - they probably lose; and if not for a 66yd NFL record FG - they lose.  I agree that they are a contender, just pointing out they had some good fortune late in their games.  On the flip side, they could also be 3-0;  they had their opportunity in overtime vs the Raiders.    

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1

Cleveland is a damn good team, very well balanced. Yes I'll say it, they scare me come playoff time. They scared me last season as I saw them as the one team in the AFC capable of beating the Chiefs.

Broncos don't scare me too much as they've played bad teams but they are a very different outfit with Teddy in place of frat boy.

The Raiders I am still not convinced by. Maybe they maintain this all season but I still won't be surprised if they fall apart as the season goes on.

Chargers look like a class act this year and Herbert is a superstar in the making. He will take a lot of the Josh Allen hype this year I feel. I do think when the playoffs roll round they're the kind of team that will shoot themselves in the foot.

KC are still the ones to beat for me. They've lost 2 but both have been very close (they won these games last year) and they have the experience so they know how to ride it out.

Titans are always scary with Henry who is a monster. 

The games against the above two teams will be very interesting in a few weeks. Especially when you look at how they treated us last year. In a way I won't be devastated if we lose to KC as I have this thing where I believe we'll take them in the playoffs, but I hope we give the Titans a serious serving of revenge. I haven't forgotten Tannehill laughing his ass off during the last game against them and I've wanted to see us beat the crap out of him ever since

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, snafu said:

You could say the same thing about the Titans regarding their division.

Seems like they'll be in the mix for a top seed in the conference.  Week 5 (KC) and week 6 (TEN) are going to tell us a lot.

I don't trust Tennesee's defense. They will be a playoff team and win their division easily enough and they will be a danger once in the post season but I think they will lose 5 or 6 games and that is too many to be the #1 seed.

22 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Ravens are lucky to not be 0-3 as well.  

I'd say they are unlucky not to be 3-0. 

10 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Cleveland is a damn good team, very well balanced. Yes I'll say it, they scare me come playoff time. They scared me last season as I saw them as the one team in the AFC capable of beating the Chiefs.

Broncos don't scare me too much as they've played bad teams but they are a very different outfit with Teddy in place of frat boy.

The Raiders I am still not convinced by. Maybe they maintain this all season but I still won't be surprised if they fall apart as the season goes on.

Chargers look like a class act this year and Herbert is a superstar in the making. He will take a lot of the Josh Allen hype this year I feel. I do think when the playoffs roll round they're the kind of team that will shoot themselves in the foot.

KC are still the ones to beat for me. They've lost 2 but both have been very close (they won these games last year) and they have the experience so they know how to ride it out.

Titans are always scary with Henry who is a monster. 

The games against the above two teams will be very interesting in a few weeks. Especially when you look at how they treated us last year. In a way I won't be devastated if we lose to KC as I have this thing where I believe we'll take them in the playoffs, but I hope we give the Titans a serious serving of revenge. I haven't forgotten Tannehill laughing his ass off during the last game against them and I've wanted to see us beat the crap out of him ever since

With Cleveland it's still going to come down to Baker Mayfield and I'm still not sure I trust him in big moments and as of today would easily still pick Allen over him if we match up in the playoffs home or away.

I also agree that the Chiefs are still the measuring stick and it will be interesting to see if McDermott and his coaching staff show the kind of balls that the Ravens and Chargers did the last few weeks because that's how you are going to ultimately beat them not settling for field goals and/or giving the ball back to Mahomes with 2 minutes or under left.

Neither the Chiefs nor the Titans are playing as well this year as they did last year.  But you could have said the same thing about the Bills a week or so ago.  

The NFL is a very tough league, obviously.  HCs and coordinators are paid to figure out how to attack the other team, and no team is so completely stacked that there aren't opportunities for another good team to exploit.  The current jumble is a sign that league policies are working to make a complete product attractive and interesting.  Not like MLB where some teams in small cities need a miracle to be competitive.  

Baltimore has a good solid team but they don't seem to have the inner strength of character to show up every day.  A team that can beat the Chiefs has no business being in a position where they need an obvious mistake by the officials to beat the weak Lions on a record-setting FG.  (For those who don't know, just prior to the long FG, the Ravens had the play clock go to zero a full second or more before the snap.  That FG would not have been good from 71 yards, which is where it should have been kicked from.)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont.  I think you'll see the Raiders stay in the playoff chase, but I dont think they can beat either KC or LAC.   My thought is either KC or LAC goes on a roll here soon and it plays out to the end of season.  

I like our chances against the Chargers. They are good but we are better on both sides of the ball.  I put them a notch or two below where Indy was last year when we played them in the playoffs.  But kudos to them for going into KC and beating them.  Raiders have Gruden.  That will be good for some losses in games that they should have win.  And they aren't stopping our offense.  Kansas City, Tennessee, Baltimore and Cleveland are all formidable.  But so are we.  Its going to be an exciting season.  

Our defense is playing well.  That makes us tougher to beat this year.  

For the Bills, assuming they execute against everyone else, games against KC, Tenn, Saints, TB and Carolina will go along ways to determining their playoff seed. Four of those games are on the road. Colts if healthy will be a tough game as well.

But then again after 3 games it’s all speculation at this point.

9 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Neither the Chiefs nor the Titans are playing as well this year as they did last year.  But you could have said the same thing about the Bills a week or so ago.  

The NFL is a very tough league, obviously.  HCs and coordinators are paid to figure out how to attack the other team, and no team is so completely stacked that there aren't opportunities for another good team to exploit.  The current jumble is a sign that league policies are working to make a complete product attractive and interesting.  Not like MLB where some teams in small cities need a miracle to be competitive.  

Baltimore has a good solid team but they don't seem to have the inner strength of character to show up every day.  A team that can beat the Chiefs has no business being in a position where they need an obvious mistake by the officials to beat the weak Lions on a record-setting FG.  (For those who don't know, just prior to the long FG, the Ravens had the play clock go to zero a full second or more before the snap.  That FG would not have been good from 71 yards, which is where it should have been kicked from.)

Agree Utah.  I was watching the end of the game and yelling at the TV, delay of game, delay of game.  And the Lions played the 4th and 19 as bad as you can.  Wow that was a gut punch.

Beware the Ravens...  They are playing like this with seemingly a third of their team on IR/covid.  They have played three cardiac kid games in a row winning two of them.  This is what builds character in the NFL.  They are the toughest out in the league right now.

We just have to continue winning and not underestimate anyone. Obviously the KC game is huge for seeding. I'm not too concerned about LV or Denver as I think they'll come back to earth. Its KC, Balt. and Clev. that we need to prepare for with the Chargers lying in the weeds. Keep protecting JA, keep running the ball and let the young DL get after it.