The PSL - A Dome - A Great Morning in Western New York.

Ross Murdock

How does the entire region feel today? Pretty darn good I imagine. I don't want this feeling to disappear and instead happen in Austin or Toronto, while the name Buffalo disappears from peoples minds. The Bills are our identity, our claim to fame. With the Bills, the city of Buffalo's name is evoked millions of times a day, from the media and fans. Certainly billions of times a year. The Bills PSL's costs are reasonable (To those who make decent money), and a good good investment. EVERY team is pro sports does this. Why should Buffalo be any different? Our tickets will remain the cheapest in the NFL. And all this talk of a Dome preference in Buffalo is utter nonsense. The Bills are like the Packers, the Bears, Denver, New England. The weather is what sets us apart, it's a HUGE advantage. Only one team with a Dome (New Orleans) has won a Super Bowl. With a Dome, the Bills become just another team like the Falcons, or the Vikings, or Lions. Antiseptic, arena football. I hate watching games in Dome, it cheapens the games legacy. You think that Ravens 66 yard field goal happens yesterday if played outside? No way. It's Football in a TV Studio. Which is exactly what ScoFi stadium is. You can't even see the fans during the action at ScoFi. Let's ensure that the region continues to have these great Monday morning's, (And even the let downs) for decades to come!! Get behind the PSL. (BTW, to those who say what about the recognition from the Sabers? Get real. Nationally Hockey is almost invisible. Last years Stanley Cups ratings were actually worse than women's Golf ratings).    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I am only going to respond to the weather piece and it is proven to not be an advantage. Back in the days when the technology wasn't up to stuff yea it mattered more, but it isn't some massive thing the way people glorify it. 

The Bills have a high up tempo offense and all weather does to me is potentially slow it down. Additionally for fans who say they are the "best" the Ravens game in 2019 which was the biggest game in 20 years had tickets available for $30. For as many people who like the weather, there are a ton of fans who will not do a December game or later. Your literally eliminating a piece of your fanbase with being outdoors. Now whatever happens with a new stadium is what it is and I will go regardless. But this whole crap about the weather is the biggest lie out there and truthfully if it did matter Buffalo's playoff drought should've been much shorter.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

How does the entire region feel today? Pretty darn good I imagine. I don't want this feeling to disappear and instead happen in Austin or Toronto, while the name Buffalo disappears from peoples minds. The Bills are our identity, our claim to fame. With the Bills, the city of Buffalo's name is evoked millions of times a day, from the media and fans. Certainly billions of times a year. The Bills PSL's costs are reasonable (To those who make decent money), and a good good investment. EVERY team is pro sports does this. Why should Buffalo be any different? Our tickets will remain the cheapest in the NFL. And all this talk of a Dome preference in Buffalo is utter nonsense. The Bills are like the Packers, the Bears, Denver, New England. The weather is what sets us apart, it's a HUGE advantage. Only one team with a Dome (New Orleans) has won a Super Bowl. With a Dome, the Bills become just another team like the Falcons, or the Vikings, or Lions. Antiseptic, arena football. I hate watching games in Dome, it cheapens the games legacy. You think that Ravens 66 yard field goal happens yesterday if played outside? No way. It's Football in a TV Studio. Which is exactly what ScoFi stadium is. You can't even see the fans during the action at ScoFi. Let's ensure that the region continues to have these great Monday morning's, (And even the let downs) for decades to come!! Get behind the PSL. (BTW, to those who say what about the recognition from the Sabers? Get real. Nationally Hockey is almost invisible. Last years Stanley Cups ratings were actually worse than women's Golf ratings).    

200.gif

As far as the new stadium goes all I want....

1. good sight lines

2. I don't want wind (as much as you can control)  

2.5  I don't like getting sunburnt either.  Maybe a Seahawks type of volume reflecting roof.

3.  I just need to pee and get back to my seat.   Don't need fancy bathrooms just space.

4.  I always thought it would be cool if they had a hill that people outside the stadium could see down in.  Imagine the atmosphere with 10,000 more people out in the "Bull Pen" going nuts watching down.  Ice slides and snow sculptures.  Sponsored by Labatt's Ice.   (I think I'm on to something)

Edited by The Tomcat
spelling is hard

50 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Ok Terry, we'll pay the dang PSLs if you promise to stop posting on TBD. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Tomcat said:

As far as the new stadium goes all I want....

1. good sight lines

2. I don't want wind (as much as you can control)  

2.5  I don't like getting sunburnt either.  Maybe a Seahawks type of volume reflecting roof.

3.  I just need to pee and get back to my seat.   Don't need fancy bathrooms just space.

4.  I always thought it would be cool if they had a hill that people outside the stadium could see down in.  Imagine the atmosphere with 10,000 more people out in the "Bull Pen" going nuts watching down.  Ice slides and snow sculptures.  Sponsored by Labatt's Ice.   (I think I'm on to something)

They do have "Tightwad Hill" for Cal Bears games 

1268064786_Screenshot2021-09-27120556.thumb.jpg.ba6e66445aeaa2097ed743e453c4cd03.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

So you are against Buffalo having a nice stadium where fans can be comfortable. You want fans getting pneumonia because you believe it gives us an some kind of advantage?

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Hi Mr. Pegula, 

Welcome to TBD. I appreciate your efforts to fear-monger the City of Buffalo, however futile. I understand that you want to add PSL's for your own bottom line, but they are not good for the fanbase. 

The bolded is most certainly wrong. Off the top of my head the Rams and Indianapolis have also won Super Bowls play in domes and have won in the last 20 years.

Sincerely, 

Mango 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So you are against Buffalo having a nice stadium where fans can be comfortable. You want fans getting pneumonia because you believe it gives us an some kind of advantage?

I went to a bunch of games at the Old Rockpile, one in particular comes to mind. Freezing cold, windy and snowing, there was nowhere to hide in that building. No place to even get out of the wind. It was go home or die.