A Few Thoughts about Washington Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Take away 2 passing plays by Washington, the 73 yard gain on the first TD, the 37 pass on the last TD, and the botched kickoff, this had the potential for another shut out.  The remainder of the game Washington gained 102 yards passing.

Only one sack was a bit concerning, but wonder if the plan was we're only going to rush 4 most of game, put remaining players in coverage and let Heineke beat them through the air and not let him scramble.  If that was plan it worked!

First pass of game by Allen, my thought was oh boy, here we go again, but that ended after that pass.

Another strong game by Knox and O line.

I'm no expert,  but seemed like Haack was getting punts off faster based on 2 steps not 3 like prior weeks??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Va. Tech looks like they have some nice DBs for upcoming draft

Speaking of VA Tech, how is that Caleb Farley guy doing?  Many thought he could land with the Bills if his injury history dropped his stock. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB

Virg -

I wasn't as excited about what the Bills did as you were.   Oline did fine on pass pro, not much in the run game.  Dline really got no big wins, TFLs or sacks.   They didn't need them, so the Bills looked okay without being really good at some important things.  And Washington couldn't compete with the Bills receivers . Point is, aspects of their game that weren't important yesterday will be very important against the best teams.   They need to improve.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Speaking of VA Tech, how is that Caleb Farley guy doing?  Many thought he could land with the Bills if his injury history dropped his stock. 

Not got on the field much I don't think. Kristian Fulton who the Titans drafted last year out of that championship LSU squad and who got injured as a rookie as been the most impressive of their DBs so far.

Surtain and Newsome have both been very good for Denver and Cleveland respectively. 

Thanks OP for another excellent post-game wrap for us. Couldn't agree more with your take re Dawson Knox--he's making the majority of hot takes found in the voluminous Ertz threads appear short-sighted and woefully out of touch with reality. Good on him for putting in the effort just like Josh himself, to significantly improve his game one year to the next.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/27/2021 at 1:43 PM, 2003Contenders said:

The biggest key to me was watching how COMFORTABLE Josh looked. He never seemed to panic, was always under control, trusted his linemen -- and when protection did break down, reacted to it calmly with a little side-step here or there. I believe that this mindset also led to much better mechanics for him than we saw in the first couple of games.

THIS right here.

I watched the Iggles game last nite......right after that pick6 that Hurts threw you could see in his eyes and body language that he was obliterated by that play. Josh seems to let nothing bother him.

So glad to have JA17 as the Bills QB......