two years of free preschool plus two years of free community college

College shouldn't be free.  I'd rather reimburse two years of completed college at 100%, and you have to have a B average.  First-time college students only, and you get one crack at it.  Two years covers community college, most trade schools, and gets a bachelor's degree student 50% off.  

There's practical steps to improving the student debt situation but opening the floodgates without any benchmarks for the student to hit is just sealing the doom of the schools themselves.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Governor said:

I’m extremely conservative when it comes to means-testing and children. Lol.

It’s real simple. If the bill on the floor isn’t good for every American, then it isn’t good for any American.

No more splitting us up into groups and creating division, which leads to people thinking they’re owed something or they earned it and this person doesn’t deserve this or that for whatever reason.

I also support UBI and THEN eliminating every other program out there, social security, children stuff, welfare, etc.

Just have 1 program for everyone. It’s already set up for the IRS to dump money in everyone’s accounts. Give it to the wealthy also and just get it back in taxes at the end of the year.

UBI on its own is crazy. Who pays for those that choose not to work?  I'd be more willing to support it only if there was some sort of UBE.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I think he is either just cheap or hates kids. 

Both… but by putting an actual issue on the table we have all learned he’s like those people they interview on comedy shows that swear they are staunch democrats but then agree with every Republican platform position because they don’t actually know the stances on the issues outside the propaganda.

Isn’t it amazing many of the “trumpers” are open to the thought process while staunch democrats are opposed to trying to functionally educate more people as a reasonable investment?

eye opening 

21 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Both… but by putting an actual issue on the table we have all learned he’s like those people they interview on comedy shows that swear they are staunch democrats but then agree with every Republican platform position because they don’t actually know the stances on the issues outside the propaganda.

Isn’t it amazing many of the “trumpers” are open to the thought process while staunch democrats are opposed to trying to functionally educate more people as a reasonable investment?

eye opening 

Bingo

Everything is great so long as you believe someone else is paying for it! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bingo

Everything is great so long as you believe someone else is paying for it! 

With great difficulty I once arrived at the conclusion that Republicans were probably the lesser of the two evils, because at least they pretended to want to reduce govt power. But then DJT came along… then the world seemed like it’s probably just going to end. Then Biden came… oh yeah I’ll mess it up faster! 

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

With great difficulty I once arrived at the conclusion that Republicans were probably the lesser of the two evils, because at least they pretended to want to reduce govt power. But then DJT came along… then the world seemed like it’s probably just going to end. Then Biden came… oh yeah I’ll mess it up faster! 

I’ve never been a party affiliated guy. I don’t believe either side of the aisle has any real interest in helping the American taxpayers. This is not right against left. It’s insider against outsider. Pure and simple. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

UBI on its own is crazy. Who pays for those that choose not to work?  I'd be more willing to support it only if there was some sort of UBE.

The same people who pay for our bloated military budget, child tax credits, corporate farm subsidies, and failing HC system.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve never been a party affiliated guy. I don’t believe either side of the aisle has any real interest in helping the American taxpayers. This is not right against left. It’s insider against outsider. Pure and simple. 

There aren’t any intelligent liberals on the board. That is why there is no discussion 

you’ve just got the homeless and the trolls that’s it right 

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There aren’t any intelligent liberals on the board. That is why there is no discussion 

you’ve just got the homeless and the trolls that’s it right 

Here we disagree. I believe there are quite a few intelligent liberals on this board. However, I think they’re counting on the conservatives to give up out of sheer exhaustion and convince everyone to simply throw all their assets on the big altar of redistribution. Only a fool falls for the siren’s song of ‘fairness’

, ‘victimhood’ and ‘collectivism’.  The result is not universal prosperity. It’s universal poverty. We’ve seen how the movie ends….and it’s really ugly!

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here we disagree. I believe there are quite a few intelligent liberals on this board. However, I think they’re counting on the conservatives to give up out of sheer exhaustion and convince everyone to simply throw all their assets on the big altar of redistribution. Only a fool falls for the siren’s song of ‘fairness’

, ‘victimhood’ and ‘collectivism’.  The result is not universal prosperity. It’s universal poverty. We’ve seen how the movie ends….and it’s really ugly!

Fair there have been some but their voices are drowned out by the party liners. 

I guess it’s a microcosm of our reality on both sides of the aisle. 

just like no true independent minded person with legitimately conservative values really looks a DJT and says - yeah he stands for everything I believe. He was more of an grudging toleration that used his pathological self promotion capability to become some sort of savior to a sub group. 

Hell the guy was a registered democrat at one point. 

10 hours ago, Governor said:

The same people who pay for our bloated military budget, child tax credits, corporate farm subsidies, and failing HC system.

It’s all a legitimate problem right? 

of all this stuff, maybe corporate farm subsidies has merit because production of food is worth propping up. 

but you are hitting on numerous fine examples of why big federal government is bad. 

11 hours ago, Governor said:

Our healthcare system isn’t failing. Our health INSURANCE and LEGAL system are both challenged. The ‘problem’ with our health care system is that we’ve advanced medicine to a point where our form of treatment and extension of life expectancy have likely advanced  beyond the limits of what any society can afford. But our health care is better than at any point in human history. 

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

of all this stuff, maybe corporate farm subsidies has merit because production of food is worth propping up. 

but you are hitting on numerous fine examples of why big federal government is bad. 

Get a better job dude. I’m not paying for your preschool. Lol. You just want the kids out of the house and you want me to fund it.

Your kids should be in private school anyway. Public schools bad. Indoctrination and no baby Jesus!

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

UBI is a drop in the well each year compared to what we have to spend restoring the destroyed economy every Republican president has left us in our lifetime. It’s not close either.

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Our healthcare system isn’t failing. Our health INSURANCE and LEGAL system are both challenged. The ‘problem’ with our health care system is that we’ve advanced medicine to a point where our form of treatment and extension of life expectancy have likely advanced  beyond the limits of what any society can afford. But our health care is better than at any point in human history. 

The medicine I’m taking costs 30k per month. 

The problem is cost of services and cost of drugs.

11 minutes ago, Governor said:

Get a better job dude. I’m not paying for your preschool. Lol. You just want the kids out of the house and you want me to fund it.

Your kids should be in private school anyway. Public schools bad. Indoctrination and no baby Jesus!

you’re not kidding… I keep losing junior to mid level folks on my team to Google and Amazon and they are tripling their six figure salaries. 

We’ve been looking at private schools. Our public ones are very good which is why we picked our overpriced deferred maintenance fixer upper house, but private schools around here are incredible… 

1 minute ago, Governor said:

The medicine I’m taking costs 30k per month. 

The problem is cost of services and cost of drugs.

You smoke $30k per month? 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you’re not kidding… I keep losing junior to mid level folks on my team to Google and Amazon and they are tripling their six figure salaries. 

We’ve been looking at private schools. Our public ones are very good which is why we picked our overpriced deferred maintenance fixer upper house, but private schools around here are incredible… 

That’s $300 per month….but I sell it.

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

So what is the incentive to work if you have a UBI?

Lol. You can’t live on $1000 per month. Everyone would still need to work. As automation reduces the labor needed in manufacturing and retail, there won’t be FT work for everyone. That’s over half of the adult jobs in this country.

You have to view it like stimulus, just like the 600/300 pandemic unemployment. That was the test case. You give people money so they spend it, otherwise the entire economy would’ve collapsed in April 2020 and everyone’s 401k would be gone today.

Edited by Governor

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You’re area has a poor “walkability” score and it’s nothing but rebel flags and punisher shirts.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

You’re area has a poor “walkability” score and it’s nothing but rebel flags and punisher shirts.

That local organic market that was coming in the new development across the street balked with the pandemic. I was bummed because it would’ve probably bumped us into the next walk ability tier. 

You’re area has poor education 😆