Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Trubisky under center, Bates at Center

D Williams at RG

Spencer Brown at RT

Tommy Sweeny at TE

Given this was our "2nd string" lineup, wonder if we dont see Brown at RT, Williams at RG, and Ford kick over to LG with Feliciano out.

That's a lot of shifting around for one guy going out, but might give us the best OL options.

when did Williams take snaps at RG for any extensive time?

IMO nothing good happens when you mess with the entire lineup on OL.  Plug Boettger in at RG where he played reasonably last season and go

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

when did Williams take snaps at RG for any extensive time?

edit:  I was wrong, that is #65 Boettger, not #75 at RG. Thank you @MasterStrategist

The end of the Washington game when we put in our 2nd stringers. Per that clip that is posted of Brown pancaking Payne.

I'm looking at this clip...

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Trubisky under center, Bates at Center

D Williams at RG

Spencer Brown at RT

Tommy Sweeny at TE

Given this was our "2nd string" lineup, wonder if we dont see Brown at RT, Williams at RG, and Ford kick over to LG with Feliciano out.

That's a lot of shifting around for one guy going out, but might give us the best OL options.

I'm not a fan of all that movement just because Mongo is out.  Bills took a tender out on Ike B. and he is the depth chart backup.

I would like to see him start in place on Mongo.  Ike is a UFA next year and it seems to me you got to see if he has a future in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Think this is the first time I've ever heard Milano speak. He doesn't do many interviews.

I will forever love Shady for the story of him bringing in a bunch of paper cutout targets and throwing them on Watkins' desk after Sammy said he needed more targets.

I can just picture him sitting home the night before, all female party raging in the background, ladies in bikinis twerkin and pouring champagne on each other, and Shady in the corner ignoring it all, printing targets out of his HP InkJet, and intently cutting them out.

True vet leader move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 13

Really hoping Boettger can show that he’s an upgrade over Feliciano or Ford with Mongo being out on Sunday.  I don’t know how we’re going to fix the IOL mid season, but replacing from within would be ideal.  

I know hindsight is 20/20, but it's really irritating to know that we could very easily NOT have a guard problem right now.

Wyatt Teller was drafted by us. There's one guard position solved.

The draft pick used on Cody Ford, meanwhile, could have been used on Elgton Jenkins, who has already made a Pro Bowl and is one of the better interior o-linemen in the league. He was drafted seven spots after Ford. Dalton Risner was another option. He was taken four spots after Ford. Both, to this point in their careers, are vastly superior to Ford.

Nobody hits on 100% of their draft picks or personnel decisions, and everyone makes mistakes, but the poor guard play in Buffalo is GLARING right now when taking into account who we had and could've had on our roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I know hindsight is 20/20, but it's really irritating to know that we could very easily NOT have a guard problem right now.

Wyatt Teller was drafted by us. There's one guard position solved.

The draft pick used on Cody Ford, meanwhile, could have been used on Elgton Jenkins, who has already made a Pro Bowl and is one of the better interior o-linemen in the league. He was drafted seven spots after Ford. Dalton Risner was another option. He was taken four spots after Ford. Both, to this point in their careers, are vastly superior to Ford.

Nobody hits on 100% of their draft picks or personnel decisions, and everyone makes mistakes, but the poor guard play in Buffalo is GLARING right now when taking into account who we had and could've had on our roster.

You didn't even mention picking Boogie Basham in Round 2 this year and taking Tommy Doyle in the 5th.

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I will forever love Shady for the story of him bringing in a bunch of paper cutout targets and throwing them on Watkins' desk after Sammy said he needed more targets.

I can just picture him sitting home the night before, all female party raging in the background, ladies in bikinis twerkin and pouring champagne on each other, and Shady in the corner ignoring it all, printing targets out of his HP InkJet, and intently cutting them out.

True vet leader move.

I didn't know that story!

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You didn't even mention picking Boogie Basham in Round 2 this year and taking Tommy Doyle in the 5th.

I'm not gonna kill them on either of those moves until we see whether either player amounts to anything. If Basham and Doyle become quality EDGE and OT, respectively, they won't be such bad picks.

Furthermore, I'm not convinced that anyone was left at guard when they picked Doyle that would have been an upgrade over what we already have. Probably Trey Smith, but the Bills weren't the only teams scared off by his history of blood clot issues.

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

If guys are going to miss a game then this is the one. 

next man UP! Our roster is deep Im not too concerned about the texans and lets see what happens

Go Bills!!

m

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This may be closer than we think as our secondary suddenly is pedestrian at best.  Will be interesting to see Frazier's gameplan.  

"Pedestrian" seems like a strong word for the combined play of White, Hyde, Levi, and Taron...

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pass rush will need to be on point 

Similar to last week, I don't think 0 sacks would even be a problem. Just getting pressure in Mills' face would be fine.

Against the Chiefs on the other hand...they need sacks.

• Agree 3