Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Should be a laugher

Despite not being a top tier team, the Texans are still in the NFL and the “ any given Sunday” term applies. McD won’t let the team overlook the Texans, so it should be a good tuneup for the Chiefs. I imagine that they will throw a few wrinkles in on both sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Texans are a classic trap game with KC up next. I see a win but closer than it should be.

Trap games don't exist. "Bad teams" lose trap games at a slightly higher rate than they would be expected to lose non-trap games.

Huge study was done on these incorporating about 20 years worth of data. Conclusion...bad teams always have a percentage chance to win any game but they win "trap" games at a slightly lower rate than they win non-trap games. Therefore there is no evidence at all other than people wanting to continuously spout this nonsense, that they exist

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Trap games don't exist. "Bad teams" lose trap games at a slightly higher rate than they would be expected to lose non-trap games.

Huge study was done on these incorporating about 20 years worth of data. Conclusion...bad teams always have a percentage chance to win any game but they win "trap" games at a slightly lower rate than they win non-trap games. Therefore there is no evidence at all other than people wanting to continuously spout this nonsense, that they exist

They are playing a 3rd string Quarterback.  They tend to second guess things, panic, and hold the ball.  All things that will lead to turnovers against buffalo.  They don't have the running game to take pressure off of him either.  

Their defense really doesn't do much of anything particularly well. 

To me the trap game requires... something.  A QB, a RB, a playmaker who is capable of turning a game in your favor.  That or just, miserable weather or something.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

This one always gets me lol I dont think an NFL team has ever lost in history because they tried to prepare for the game in two weeks instead of the current game.  Players probably love trying to blow out bad teams because they have incentives in their contracts for statistics and coaches probably love it too to give their players some confidence not to mention total points is in the playoff tiebreakers at some point   There is no reason to not take an opponent seriously 

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

They didn't apologize for giving Houston the ball when the returner caught it and threw it on the ground...

Nope definitely not...they got that one 'right' supposedly lol