Josh Allen Rushing TD numbers

I saw the stat posted that with his 26th rushing touchdown against WFT, Josh is now the Bills franchise career leader in rushing touchdowns by a quarterback.

I was curious where that puts him overall among all rushers, including running backs, in the Bills franchise rushing TD career list, so I checked out the numbers at pro-football-reference.com  (as of the time of this posting they still have Josh at 25, but we know it's 26 now.)

If I'm reading those numbers correctly, Josh is already tied  (with Antowaine Smith) for 7th place all-time on the Bills for rushing TDs. 

That was surprising to me, but even more surprising is that he's already passed LeSean McCoy (25), and the only Bills RBs between Josh and OJ (57) are Travis Henry (27), Wray Carlton (29),  Freddie Jackson (30) and Cookie Gilchrist (31). 

Josh might conceivably be in 3rd place all-time on the  Bills after this season (!)

Amazing.

Btw,   #1 is Thurman with 65.       Dunno if Josh will ever catch OJ or TT but if he plays another 10 years...

Edited by Jon in Pasadena
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Btw,   #1 is Thurman with 65.       Dunno if Josh will ever catch OJ or TT but if he plays another 10 years...

If he plays another 10 years he should get close to 100.  I'd say he's a lock to pass both OJ and Thurman. And I am hoping Josh has a lot more than just another 10 years left in him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

That rush I believe was his 100th total TDs.

Yeah, with 74 passing TDs, Josh is currently #5 on Bills all-time list.  #3 is Fitzmagic (80), so Josh will easily hit that by mid-October :thumbsup:

He has a ways to go to catch Jimbo for total TDs. I think it's like 244 or something  (237 + 7), but at his current pace he'll do it on his existing contract...

10 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If he plays another 10 years he should get close to 100.  I'd say he's a lock to pass both OJ and Thurman. And I am hoping Josh has a lot more than just another 10 years left in him.

and a couple of Super Bowls with ti....Go Bills