“New York” teams

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

After college I moved to California.  Real native born Californians knew less about the US than anywhere I’ve been.  The schools systems there focused on California history more than American history.  World history, forget it.  Going east meant Las Vegas.  

Public school education is atrocious in most parts of this country. 

My wife is from California.  While she has a better grasp of US geography than most Californian’s, I had to laugh when I took her to Niagara Falls several years ago.  She had no idea how built-up the area was.  She thought the falls were in the wilderness. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, QCity said:

I've always found it weird.

I don’t. I love it. I use it all the time with my friends who are fans of the New Jersey Jets and Giants. Just like I’ll always add the * when talking about the Pats*. Facts matter haha.

There is only one team that plays and practices in the state of New York and that is your Buffalo Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 2

21 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Has Darnold been ruined? Or did the Jets waste their opportunity with him? Seems like he's doing OK in Carolina. 

Jets trading Darnold for an unproven Wilson who will be the next Josh Rosen is going to go down as one of the Jets biggest blunders of all time.

11 hours ago, Gordio said:

My cousins from Nevada when they came here a few years ago said "maybe we could do a day trip to NYC."  I told them it is 8 hours away, they were shocked.  

My father worked for a paper plant north of Syracuse, owned by a German company.  They would have execs from Germany come, and ask about going to see things like Niagara Falls or NYC, and would be surprised to find it wasn't a quick easy trip.  

22 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Is she hot?

For his sake I hope so, 😁👍

On 9/26/2021 at 8:01 PM, klos63 said:

Making an issue of 'NY' teams is/has been getting real old.  Nobody outside of Bills fans give it a second thought.

I'm a Bills fan and I've never given it a first thought, let alone a second.

I actually don't get what it's all about.

OK, 2 NYC market teams play in NJ, right smack in the middle of the greater NYC metro area, and that is technically not in NYS.  Who gives a F?  How does this matter?  With regard to anything?

20 hours ago, Just Jack said:

My father worked for a paper plant north of Syracuse, owned by a German company.  They would have execs from Germany come, and ask about going to see things like Niagara Falls or NYC, and would be surprised to find it wasn't a quick easy trip.  

Yeah - Geography is a bitc* in this state.  

My lab in Rochester was hiring and a recruiter hooked us up with a candidate that lived in the Bronx.  We set up a phone interview - assuming the guy was going to move to the area.  Nope - he thought he could commute to Rochester daily from the city.  Even better his only transportation was a bike - he never got (nor needed) a drivers license.  

The interview was enlightening as he assumed he could ride his bike to the train and get here in like 30 minutes.  

🤦‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

My lab in Rochester was hiring and a recruiter hooked us up with a candidate that lived in the Bronx.  We set up a phone interview - assuming the guy was going to move to the area.  Nope - he thought he could commute to Rochester daily from the city.  Even better his only transportation was a bike - he never got (nor needed) a drivers license.  

The interview was enlightening as he assumed he could ride his bike to the train and get here in like 30 minutes.  

🤦‍♂️

Lucky you didn't hire him. I wouldn't want a guy on my team who goes into an interview without having looked at a map to see where the place is, even if it's only to determine how far it is from train stops.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/26/2021 at 8:01 PM, klos63 said:

Making an issue of 'NY' teams is/has been getting real old.  Nobody outside of Bills fans give it a second thought.

On 9/27/2021 at 3:24 PM, QCity said:

I've always found it weird.

For me - I don’t care about it if they want to talk about New York Teams and included the Bills in that discussion.  

I believe it ticks most people off because they talk about the NY teams as if only the NYJ and NYG play in NY and the Bills are some Pennsylvania or Ohio team.

That then has become a rallying point - don’t say NY unless you mean all 3 or we are going to turn it around and point out the 2 NYC teams technically play in NJ.

If the media wants to lump the 2 teams together without Buffalo - talk about NYC teams - not New York teams.

I honestly just think it is hilarious and love it when a guy like Josh uses it to drive the dagger a bit deeper in his interviews.

Just now, WhoTom said:

Lucky you didn't hire him. I wouldn't want a guy on my team who goes into an interview without having looked at a map to see where the place is, even if it's only to determine how far it is from train stops.

I was ticked at the recruiter also as not only did they do a poor job of screening, but never even helped the poor guy understand.  

He was a recent grad and I am pretty sure we were his first or second ever interview.  Even after realizing the issue - we still completed the interview just to give him some experience.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

🤦‍♂️

Well, there is Amtrak.  But the cost and time for a back and forth every day would cost a lot more than he would have made. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I think that was marshawn 

No it was Thurmon at least in the 30 for 30 and his NFL Films presents interviews.  Maybe Lynch, too as he always had too many skittles in his mouth.

I really dont care as there is only one NYS NFL team, and I remind the guys at the gym down here when they bring up the Jets or Giants.  The typical NJ...  And they always are like cmon.  My response is a typical Bills one (all in fun).  where do they play, where do they practice, where do more than half of them live?  Riiiggghht.  N.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.