“New York” teams

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Jets are going to ruin Wilson the same way they ruined Darnold. 

They needed to spend a few years strengthening every other part of the field and kept getting high draft picks.

I guess now they have to waste another top pick on a future QB with nothing else to show for it.

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

In my part of the country I swear most people don’t even realize New York is actually a state. For the last 10 years I’ve been here, everytime someone says where you from and I reply New York they auto assume New York City. I say no upstate by Canada and they are mind blown. Not a clue about Niagara Falls or Buffalo or any other surrounding cities 

I don't say NY no more. I say Buffalo, I had some of the best conversations about table smashers alone from people alien to Buf.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Jets are going to ruin Wilson the same way they ruined Darnold. 

I think Darnold is a good example of my theory that a team cannot ruin a QB. Stymie him in a bad offense, yes, but ruin him, no.  Darnold doesn't look ruined under a competent coach.  

There's a decent chance that Wilson will bust because he just can't play at a NFL level.  It won't be because the Jets ruined him.  It's not incompetent coaches an ruin QBs , it's incompetent scouting that overestimates a college QB's NFL potential. 

I recently had lunch with a group of people and one who stayed home most of last year said he watched a lot a college football and said Wilson will never make it.  Take his opinion with a grain of salt but if Wilson busts don't blame it on the Jets.  

I don't usually love other people's misery, but I can't resist seeing Darnold succeed while Wilson fails and enjoy that it's happening to the Jets.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

Making an issue of 'NY' teams is/has been getting real old.  Nobody outside of Bills fans give it a second thought.

We’re Buffalo. It doesn’t matter what other people say or think. We’re a proud lot and much of our taxes go to support the city of the same name as the State. We’ll mess with them whenever we want to.

4 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Wasn't Thurman quoted that when he got drafted he thought Buffalo was close to NYC? I live on Lawn Guyland and for years whenever someone asks me where I'm from I never say NY because the assumption is NYC.

Having lived in numerous western States, I always said New York. To them, I’m was a knife wielding madman from the Bronx. It has its advantages..🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think you meant New York Team. 

being only one team plays in Nee York..,, 

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

We’re Buffalo. It doesn’t matter what other people say or think. We’re a proud lot and much of our taxes go to support the city of the same name as the State. We’ll mess with them whenever we want to.

Having lived in numerous western States, I always said New York. To them, I’m was a knife wielding madman from the Bronx. It has its advantages..🤷‍♂️

Iirc, as a point of tax revenue, New York City and it’s surrounding area generate way more than the rest of the state, and it’s not even close, and western New York to include, Cuse, Rochacha, and Buffalo would be one of the poorest states in the country with out the city, like it or not it’s them who is propping up the rest of the state. I’m a born and raised western NewYorker,  Nuthin but luv,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I saw some stat that we have more wins than the jets and giants combined over the last 3 years 

Jets wins:

2017: 5

2018: 4

2019: 7

2020: 2

2021: 0

Total: 18

Giants wins:

2017: 3

2018: 5

2019: 4

2020: 6

2021: 0

Total: 18

Bills wins (regular season):

2017: 9

2018: 6

2019: 10

2020: 13

2021: 2

Total: 40

7 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

About an hour from Knoxville Tennessee. 
When I worked in Knoxville people always could tell almost immediately I’m from up north cause I said pop not soda. So they always said where you from. I’d always reply New York cause it became kinda a joke to me. And I swear almost every single time “oh you’re from New York City and moved here” nope I’m from Niagara Falls, upstate by Canada. “Where’s that” Not a clue there’s a whole state. 

When I traveled in the south several years ago I had a similar experience.  When  asked where I was from I responded that I was from a small town in New York state.  (Westfield in Chautauqua county).  They could not understand a small town in New York.   They literally believed the entire state was all sky scrapers.   Unbelievable. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

When I traveled in the south several years ago I had a similar experience.  When  asked where I was from I responded that I was from a small town in New York state.  (Westfield in Chautauqua county).  They could not understand a small town in New York.   They literally believed the entire state was all sky scrapers.   Unbelievable. 

Do you know every little town in every state in this country? Why is it hard to believe that some people don't know about Buffalo?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, nucci said:

Do you know every little town in every state in this country? Why is it hard to believe that some people don't know about Buffalo?

I think the point was that there are (amazingly) adult Americans who can't differentiate between an entire state and Manhattan. 

Do these same people think the Seattle Seahawks play in the nation's capital?

I love those man on the street segments where a correspondent goes to college campuses, Venice Beach, etc., and asks basic American history questions such as, "what year was the War of 1812 fought?" Blank stare. Confusion.

I get that the segments are edited for entertainment, but there are a lot of ignorant dumb-asses out there who have zero curiosity about anything outside of their little world.

29 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I think the point was that there are (amazingly) adult Americans who can't differentiate between an entire state and Manhattan. 

Do these same people think the Seattle Seahawks play in the nation's capital?

I love those man on the street segments where a correspondent goes to college campuses, Venice Beach, etc., and asks basic American history questions such as, "what year was the War of 1812 fought?" Blank stare. Confusion.

I get that the segments are edited for entertainment, but there are a lot of ignorant dumb-asses out there who have zero curiosity about anything outside of their little world.

what's the number for 911?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.