“New York” teams

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Making an issue of 'NY' teams is/has been getting real old.  Nobody outside of Bills fans give it a second thought.

In my part of the country I swear most people don’t even realize New York is actually a state. For the last 10 years I’ve been here, everytime someone says where you from and I reply New York they auto assume New York City. I say no upstate by Canada and they are mind blown. Not a clue about Niagara Falls or Buffalo or any other surrounding cities 

• Agree 9
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

In my part of the country I swear most people don’t even realize New York is actually a state. For the last 10 years I’ve been here, everytime someone says where you from and I reply New York they auto assume New York City. I say no upstate by Canada and they are mind blown. Not a clue about Niagara Falls or Buffalo or any other surrounding cities 

As we have all seen recently, this country isn't really full of smart people.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 13
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

As we have all seen recently, this country isn't really full of smart people.

All you have to do to truly realize this is look at the warnings on kitchen appliances. The “do not put hands inside while opperating” warning on a blender is a pretty good identifier for National stupidity. 

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Not a clue about Niagara Falls? I want to move to wherever you live and sell some bridges. 🤑🤑🤑

Edited by NobesBLO13
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, NobesBLO13 said:

Not a clue about Niagara Falls? I want to move to wherever you live and sell some bridges.

About an hour from Knoxville Tennessee. 
When I worked in Knoxville people always could tell almost immediately I’m from up north cause I said pop not soda. So they always said where you from. I’d always reply New York cause it became kinda a joke to me. And I swear almost every single time “oh you’re from New York City and moved here” nope I’m from Niagara Falls, upstate by Canada. “Where’s that” Not a clue there’s a whole state. 

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

When I worked in Knoxville people always could tell almost immediately I’m from up north cause I said pop not soda. So they always said where you from. I’d always reply New York cause it became kinda a joke to me. And I swear almost every single time “oh you’re from New York City and moved here” nope I’m from Niagara Falls, upstate by Canada. “Where’s that” Not a clue there’s a whole state. 

Ya see there’s your problem, you said UPSTATE, if you would have said WNY I’m sure they would have been well aware…🥴

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

My wife is a smart lady and has traveled all over the world. On our first trip to WNY she was surprised that it was vineyards more than asphalt. It’s natural. The people in NYC don’t believe we exist either! They are, after all, the center of their universe! 

Took the family to see Buffalo and Niagara Falls for the opener. Need to go back another day to actually SEE the Falls. With 20 mph winds and 40 mph gusts, the Maid of the Mist just throws buckets of water on you! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Wasn't Thurman quoted that when he got drafted he thought Buffalo was close to NYC? I live on Lawn Guyland and for years whenever someone asks me where I'm from I never say NY because the assumption is NYC.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Wasn't Thurman quoted that when he got drafted he thought Buffalo was close to NYC? I live on Lawn Guyland and for years whenever someone asks me where I'm from I never say NY because the assumption is NYC.

I think that was marshawn 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Do you tell people to “get off of my Lawn!”? 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.