Were you guys impressed that Allen played well in front of a crowd?

Surprised?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Sugar High Josh?

I’m more surprised that so many people were upset that Bills fans on a message board were critiquing Allen’s misfires. Tremaine Edmunds gets crucified on every other thread for missing a tackle but if Josh Allen overthrows his receiver you better not bring it up. Nobody on the team is above criticism. This place is wild

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

I’m more surprised that so many people were upset that Bills fans on a message board were critiquing Allen’s misfires. Tremaine Edmunds gets crucified on every other thread for missing a tackle but if Josh Allen overthrows his receiver you better not bring it up. Nobody on the team is above criticism. This place is wild

Allen had 2 bad games "MIami wasn't even really that bad"... Edmunds has been being Edmunds consistently for a long time now.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Allen had 2 bad games "MIami wasn't even really that bad"... Edmunds has been being Edmunds consistently for a long time now.

Edmunds isn’t as bad as people here make him out to be. You could actually say that he’s had a more consistent career so far than Allen has. Allen was not good his rookie year. He wasn’t very good his 2nd year either but you could start seeing the potential. That’s all I’m going to say because I don’t want to get into this debate every damn week 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

7 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Go back and watch how he dominated vs Dallas on Thanksgiving day 2019 before the biggest road crowd and national audience of his career.  

Some myths die hard.

Ya I'm agreeing with you haha. I'm saying it's hard to say he can't play in crowds when he hasn't had much of a chance.

And ya he played unreal that game in front of a crowd

25 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Just to clarify, the concern was never crowds in general; it was home crowds.

and it was a concern that bothered no one more than you.  you were also concerned that heinicke would play better against buffalo due to his limited time in a preseason game here in the past.  things concern you.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

I mind filter posts that bore me like the very hottest of takes. I decided to in a manner of speaking bleach that kind of rhetoric from my thinking and keep it moving forward. Im happy to read but as easily discarded if its too hot, ya know?

GO BILLS!~!~!~!

m

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Locomark said:

Multiple choice: 

a) it was his pre-game music choices

b) he found his lucky socks

c) he is due for regression 

d) the kid is just damn good and everyone should lay the F off him

E. Super Bowl winning Qb's like Tom Brady have never played like crap in early Sept / Oct. And if they had, that would prove they were unable to ever win the Super Bowl.

3 hours ago, teef said:

and it was a concern that bothered no one more than you.  you were also concerned that heinicke would play better against buffalo due to his limited time in a preseason game here in the past.  things concern you.

And it bothers you tremendously. I have no problem whatsoever with my concerns in retrospect.

By the way, the concern about the WFT QB and preseason was more of an observation about the confidence he would bring to the table. He did come out confident, it seemed. I think I actually said I'm not saying it would affect the game, and it appears it didn't.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am not sure if you know this but the Bills fans at home aren’t loud when our offense is on the field.

That's not the point... feel like I'm beating a dead horse here. I "love" it when people respond sarcastically/condescendingly but don't even get the point. It's about Josh wanting to put on a show for the home fans. He's talked about this in the past. He's talked about getting too pumped up. I'm really tired of saying this over and over again. It's not about noise or fans in general.

Yesterday was amazing. Let's hope he continues in this direction.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

And it bothers you tremendously. I have no problem whatsoever with my concerns in retrospect.

By the way, the concern about the WFT QB and preseason was more of an observation about the confidence he would bring to the table. He did come out confident, it seemed. I think I actually said I'm not saying it would affect the game, and it appears it didn't.

That's not the point... feel like I'm beating a dead horse here. I "love" it when people respond sarcastically/condescendingly but don't even get the point. It's about Josh wanting to put on a show for the home fans. He's talked about this in the past. He's talked about getting too pumped up. I'm really tired of saying this over and over again. It's not about noise or fans in general.

it didn't bother me at all.  it was more amusing that someone actually spent more than a few seconds being concerned about it.  it was more for my amusement than anything.  also, we all very much understood your point.  the difference is no one else put that much emphasis on it, but that's what message boards are for. 

So funny. People who said Allen played bad the first two weeks (most of them at least) expect him to play like this. Daboll and Allen made a lot of adjustments if you watch the film of this game vs the first two as many said. This was not a case of everyone around Allen played better and he has been perfect. It started with Allen being better and that takes the pressure off everyone else. 

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

To the bolded, you made the statement to where you just can't be wrong.  Heinicke plays well, you can say that you were right he had confidence because of the preseason game.  But if he doesn't play well, you did say "well it may not affect the game".   Then why bring it up?  Why bring up something so miniscule?

So Josh gets too pumped to perform in front of fans but it's not about the noise or the fans??

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

To the bolded, you made the statement to where you just can't be wrong.  Heinicke plays well, you can say that you were right he had confidence because of the preseason game.  But if he doesn't play well, you did say "well it may not affect the game".   Then why bring it up?  Why bring up something so miniscule?

So Josh gets too pumped to perform in front of fans but it's not about the noise or the fans??

i just don't think you get his point...

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can see how you would think I did that, but I promise I didn't put that thought into it.

Regarding the last question, yes. The idea is that it's a psychological pressure to perform, not a response to physical stimuli.

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

Which 2019 homes games did he play great in.  I don’t remember any tbh.  He played ok.  He played similarly to how he played in week 1 and 2 this year.  Is that now viewed as good Josh?  I thought that was 2019 Josh……

this was his first 300 yard game in front of a sold out stadium.  31 games later.  He played ok in the past…..but that level of play pales in comparison to the Josh we saw last year and today.  Hopefully this trend continues.  Having 2 sub par games and 1 great game doesn’t really answer any questions.  Consistency.  That’s what we had last year.  Let see some this year.  

this was easily his best game in front of a sold out stadium.  The colts playoff game was his first 300 yard in front of fans, but it wasn’t full.

I’m not saying that he sucks in front of crowds…..I’m just saying that he hasn’t proven that he can be elite QB17 in front of crowds.  This one game vs the wft doesn’t prove anything in that regard.  

I have a question for you. Does a QB have to throw for 300 yards to have played a good/great game?

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I think that it is possible, that the Bills took the Steelers lightly. The Bills beat them pretty handily in their own house, last year.

It was a pretty similar game I think joshs stats are almost identical between those two games.  We just couldn't hit on any big plays this year and they hit on all of theirs.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I have a question for you. Does a QB have to throw for 300 yards to have played a good/great game?

No.  

so.  Which home games did Josh allen play good in during the 2019 season?

im not saying that he didn’t.  I’m asking what everyone thinks.