Were you guys impressed that Allen played well in front of a crowd?

Surprised?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Sugar High Josh?

Like anything else, the more you do something the more used to it you get.

I think Allen is very genuine. He really loves this org and desparately wants to do well in front of the home crowd.

He presses at times early in games, and struggles reeling in that arm, but I like his long-term chances of playing solid in front of large crowds.

Based on today's performance I think he may be trending in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, WideNine said:

Like anything else, the more you do something the more used to it you get.

I think Allen is very genuine. He really loves this org and desparately wants to do well in front of the home crowd.

He presses at times early in games, and struggles reeling in that arm, but I like his long-term chances of playing solid in front of large crowds.

Based on today's performance I think he may be trending in the right direction.

Very refreshing end well stated post

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Man with No Name said:

Nearly half of the pressures came from Daron Payne,

That guy was a nightmare in the first half; Ford was fighting like hell but he couldn't keep him out of the backfield. He was way more dangerous than Chase Young or Montez Sweat.

I wonder if he has some conditioning issues or something because he really looked gassed and seemed much less effective as the game went on.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Which 2019 homes games did he play great in.  I don’t remember any tbh.  He played ok.  He played similarly to how he played in week 1 and 2 this year.  Is that now viewed as good Josh?  I thought that was 2019 Josh……

this was his first 300 yard game in front of a sold out stadium.  31 games later.  He played ok in the past…..but that level of play pales in comparison to the Josh we saw last year and today.  Hopefully this trend continues.  Having 2 sub par games and 1 great game doesn’t really answer any questions.  Consistency.  That’s what we had last year.  Let see some this year.  

this was easily his best game in front of a sold out stadium.  The colts playoff game was his first 300 yard in front of fans, but it wasn’t full.

I’m not saying that he sucks in front of crowds…..I’m just saying that he hasn’t proven that he can be elite QB17 in front of crowds.  This one game vs the wft doesn’t prove anything in that regard.  

When has he really had the chance to be elite in front of crowds though?

He was in his 2nd year in 2019 and was a QB still learning the game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

I don't know the stats from week to week, but found this:

Washington’s pass rush created 26 pressures but failed to sack Allen in the game. Nearly half of the pressures came from Daron Payne, who generated 11 pressures on 40 pass-rush snaps for a 30.0 pass-rush win percentage.

Interesting.  I did notice Josh just step up and around the rush with relative ease all day. He seemed to be in complete control navigating the pocket. 

regarding Payne….,did anyone happen to see which side he was on the majority of the day?  I saw young opposite Williams the majority of the day, but didn’t focus on Payne or Allen.  I was worried about Allen vs Feliciano.  Or was it Payne vs Feliciano?  Anyone know?

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

That guy was a nightmare in the first half; Ford was fighting like hell but he couldn't keep him out of the backfield. He was way more dangerous than Chase Young or Montez Sweat.

I wonder if he has some conditioning issues or something because he really looked gassed and seemed much less effective as the game went on.

Ah, so it was Payne vs Ford most of the day?  I do remember Ford getting bullied a couple times

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Interesting.  I did notice Josh just step up and around the rush with relative ease all day. He seemed to be in complete control navigating the pocket. 

regarding Payne….,did anyone happen to see which side he was on the majority of the day?  I saw young opposite Williams the majority of the day, but didn’t focus on Payne or Allen.  I was worried about Allen vs Feliciano.  Or was it Payne vs Feliciano?  Anyone know?

Ah, so it was Payne vs Ford most of the day?  I do remember Ford getting bullied a couple times

Yeah, Payne was wearing a #94 and Washington doesn't seem interested in moving their front around much.

I thnik he went after Allen low on the first or second possession. My only evidence is that a) both Ford and DWilliams wanted to fight him at one point and b) Josh missed the deep throw to Diggs after that because he pulled both his feet off the turf when he saw Payne in the neighborhood again.

I remember having one of those moments early where you say "I really hate this ***hole; I wish he was wearing a Bills jersey" :lol:

• Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I noticed that right away vs. Steelers. You can tell that Josh spent the off-season learning how to step up into the pocket. That’s new to his game.

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

I noticed that right away vs. Steelers. You can tell that Josh spent the off-season learning how to step up into the pocket. That’s new to his game.

I thought he did a great job of that last season too, but maybe you’re speaking of something more technical that is over my head.  

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I think it’s no coincidence that when he has better protection he plays better at the QB position. 

I was impressed, I was NOT surprised. We saw him do that all last year. We knew he had it in him….somewhere. 

Keep it up, Josh! (AND the OLine!) 

What was really nice to see waa his pocket presence. He was not jittery, had good vision, and make mostly great accurate throws. He made several subtle moves to avoid the rush and kept his eyes downfield. It was very similar to Allen of last year. Couldn't be more happier. Hope this is a start of a great Allen for the rest of the season. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I'm honestly curious if that was part of the game plan. It looked like he was ready to and/or running to the right all game. Even when he had a clean pocket that was the side he was moving toward. 

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I'm honestly curious if that was part of the game plan. It looked like he was ready to and/or running to the right all game. Even when he had a clean pocket that was the side he was moving toward. 

Yeah, he was avoiding Young.  Young would rush wide, Josh would step up and into his space 

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

When has he really had the chance to be elite in front of crowds though?

He was in his 2nd year in 2019 and was a QB still learning the game.

Go back and watch how he dominated vs Dallas on Thanksgiving day 2019 before the biggest road crowd and national audience of his career.  

Some myths die hard.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Washington has no d-line rotation. Staying fresh for 60 minutes has been a problem for that unit all year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Yeah, Payne was wearing a #94 and Washington doesn't seem interested in moving their front around much.

I thnik he went after Allen low on the first or second possession. My only evidence is that a) both Ford and DWilliams wanted to fight him at one point and b) Josh missed the deep throw to Diggs after that because he pulled both his feet off the turf when he saw Payne in the neighborhood again.

I remember having one of those moments early where you say "I really hate this ***hole; I wish he was wearing a Bills jersey" :lol:

He missed a wide open Diggs wide right…..oops, I’m sorry OB to his right, into the wind well down field. The replay showed a “hop pass” that Tim Tebow could only dream of. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

WFT doesn’t rotate their DL. That 93 yard, 17 play thing of beauty will have those guys still gassed in the morning!

That anyone  would anyone think crowds were detrimental to his play are mistaken, but there are a few bi polar types here that believe otherwise. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1