Were you guys impressed that Allen played well in front of a crowd?

Surprised?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Sugar High Josh?

15 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes. You never let facts get in the way of a good crusade though. 

Which 2019 homes games did he play great in.  I don’t remember any tbh.  He played ok.  He played similarly to how he played in week 1 and 2 this year.  Is that now viewed as good Josh?  I thought that was 2019 Josh……

this was his first 300 yard game in front of a sold out stadium.  31 games later.  He played ok in the past…..but that level of play pales in comparison to the Josh we saw last year and today.  Hopefully this trend continues.  Having 2 sub par games and 1 great game doesn’t really answer any questions.  Consistency.  That’s what we had last year.  Let see some this year.  

this was easily his best game in front of a sold out stadium.  The colts playoff game was his first 300 yard in front of fans, but it wasn’t full.

I’m not saying that he sucks in front of crowds…..I’m just saying that he hasn’t proven that he can be elite QB17 in front of crowds.  This one game vs the wft doesn’t prove anything in that regard.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Which 2019 homes games did he play great in.  I don’t remember any tbh.  He played ok.  He played similarly to how he played in week 1 and 2 this year.  Is that now viewed as good Josh?  I thought that was 2019 Josh……

this was his first 300 yard game in front of a sold out stadium.  31 games later.  He played ok in the past…..but that level of play pales in comparison to the Josh we saw last year and today.  Hopefully this trend continues.  Having 2 sub par games and 1 great game doesn’t really answer any questions.  Consistency.  That’s what we had last year.  Let see some this year.  

this was easily his best game in front of a sold out stadium.  The colts playoff game was his first 300 yard in front of fans, but it wasn’t full.

I’m not saying that he sucks in front of crowds…..I’m just saying that he hasn’t proven that he can be elite QB17 in front of crowds.  This one game vs the wft doesn’t prove anything in that regard.  

I'd fire you if you worked me for that mess of logic because your code would be an unmitigated disaster. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2

Josh is the least my worries and I’ve never honestly gotten the hatred for the kid from some…he was the best player against the Colts…didn’t hurt his team against the Ravens…laid an egg against KC….even in a “awful” game accounted for 320 total yards against Pittsburgh…was ok against Miami…and turned back into John Wick today…

It’s like some Bills fans after years of futility can’t believe that we really do have one of the best players in football as the Buffalo Bills QB but guess what you do… deal 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'd fire you if you worked me for that mess of logic because your code would be an unmitigated disaster. 

Your typical response to avoid the question at hand.  

So….about those great 2019 games that Allen played @ home?  Which ones were they again?  

Edited by NewEra

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Your typical response to avoid the question at hand.  

So….about those great 2019 games that Allen played @ home?  Which ones were they again?  

1. You're starting out with a lie. The question was 'in front of crowds'. So you shifting the goalposts is your typical BS. 

2. Josh didn't have any 300+ yard game until last year (home or away) so your question is an obvious attempt at a 'trap' and to skew the conversation. 

3. The attempt to link 2019 Josh Allen in his 2nd year without Diggs on the team to 2020 Josh Allen and turn it into something about crowds is just sad and pathetic. 

If you want to know why most of this board thinks you're a joke, this is why. Stop lying to try to push some strange narratives 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

1. You're starting out with a lie. The question was 'in front of crowds'. So you shifting the goalposts is your typical BS. 

2. Josh didn't have any 300+ yard game until last year (home or away) so your question is an obvious attempt at a 'trap' and to skew the conversation. 

3. The attempt to link 2019 Josh Allen in his 2nd year without Diggs on the team to 2020 Josh Allen and turn it into something about crowds is just sad and pathetic. 

If you want to know why most of this board thinks you're a joke, this is why. Stop lying to try to push some strange narratives 

In typical fashion.  A conversation becomes a personal attack.  Continue on

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Fit it however you like it.  Which good games has Josh play in front of a home crowd?  How many?  Change and rephrase the question to fit whatever criteria you like.  Just answer the question.  

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

Multiple choice: 

a) it was his pre-game music choices

b) he found his lucky socks

c) he is due for regression 

d) the kid is just damn good and everyone should lay the F off him

Elvis pre-game music. Not Sinatra.

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Wasn’t Seattle at home? Otherwise, I agree. Best home game so far. They usually look flat at home.

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The biggest difference today is that Allen ran to his right when protection broke down. He is lethal throwing from that side out of the pocket.

Said it in the game thread.

He made a ten minute long highlight reel last year doing that. That TD to Sanders was 🔥 

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea thats definitely part of it...pit did a nice job disguising coverages too 

Yep, and that’s easier to figure out when you are not running for your life. Regardless, water under the bridge and things are looking up! 

GO BILLS! 

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Seattle was at home.  No crowd though 

To be fair, it’s hard to argue he didn’t have any good home games with fans attending when he rarely had a really good game prior to the season where there were no fans home or away. (Take a breath.) He made a giant leap last year. There happened to be no fans. They don’t have to be related.  I’ll take good any way I can get it. 

TODAY….he looked awesome (with a bit better protection) and quite honestly relieved some of my deep seated fears. THAT is all I care about. I’m not looking into it any deeper than needed. “Good Josh” romped today. On to the next one! 

Forgive me if I came in late and missed some context here. If that’s the case, just ignore me. I’m used to it. :)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Didn’t he play well at home and in front of crowds in 2019?

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes. You never let facts get in the way of a good crusade though. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

To be fair, it’s hard to argue he didn’t have any good home games with fans attending when he rarely had a really good game prior to the season where there were no fans home or away. (Take a breath.) He made a giant leap last year. There happened to be no fans. They don’t have to be related.  I’ll take good any way I can get it. 

TODAY….he looked awesome (with a bit better protection) and quite honestly relieved some of my deep seated fears. THAT is all I care about. I’m not looking into it any deeper than needed. “Good Josh” romped today. On to the next one! 

Forgive me if I came in late and missed some context here. If that’s the case, just ignore me. I’m used to it. :)

Agreed.  He was much better with Diggs and Darryl Williams than the previous year without them.  

I was responding to the above posts.  I thought about which good games he had in front of a home crowd.  I couldn’t think of one off hand.  I looked at the game logs.  Statistically, nothing stood out.  Stats don’t tell the whole story though, so I asked which games they had in mind. 

the closest thing I got an an answer is that most of the board thinks I’m a joke.  As if guy has actually had a conversation about me with any one person on this board.