Bill Belichick. Greatest fraud in NFL history.

Beast

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

Both TEs have been very disappointing at this point. Barely recorded much for stats. The only players who have been steady in the pats offense so hard has been the QB, J.Meyers (at WR) and Damien Harris has had his moments. That's about it at this point. 

I appreciate the info, but I was more wondering about how they’re actually using the two TEs. They used to kill teams by using Gronk and Hernandez in 12 personnel packages and when the defense went heavy to counter that run threat, they’d go to the hurry up, flex one or both, and just kill slower LBs and smaller DBs all day. I just assumed that’s why they signed both TEs in free agency, but neither is a Gronk or Hernandez and Jones certainly isn’t Brady, I guess.  

Brady is the NFL’s equivalent to Michael Jordan. No one in their right mind would debate who was greater for the Bulls success, Phil Jackson or Michael Jordan and it’s the same situation here. The coach calls the plays, incorporates the schemes, but it’s on the players to execute. A coach’s greatness is directly influenced by who they have on the field/court. Belichick is a great coach, but take away his Brady years and he’s nowhere near the conversation for “greatest head coach of all time.” He needed arguably the greatest QB of all time to birth that legacy.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Not going to call him a fraud just yet. He did go 10-5 a full season without Brady and 4-0 when Brady was suspended. He is now trotting out a rookie QB who is having growing pains. Let’s see how this plays out.

He didn't go 4-0 when Brady was suspended. Our own Bills shut the Patriots out at Foxboro during that 4 game stretch.

26 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Well of course it’s more complicated than simply Brady v Bill, nobody plays or coaches in a vacuum. And the whole book has yet to be written, but so far it looks like only one of them is able to find success without the other, that’s all I’m saying. 

And besides, I still firmly believe that once the right people are dead, years down the road, we’ll learn more about the depth and breadth of the cheating that went on in New England and how tainted that “dynasty” really was.  

But right now, for whatever reason, the Pats don’t seem to be on firm ground and that’s to be celebrated by Bills fans. The timing with our team’s track couldn’t be better. 

Well that would be expected if one goes to a team ready to succeed and the other has to start from point A again. You wanna make the switch and see who fairs better BB w the Bucs or Brady with NE? And when it's all said and done or dead, you will continue to be more likely disappointed when nothing new comes out of their "cheating"

As I said in another post. You have already had ex-employees, government officials and probably a good-ass nosey reporter that has not unearth anything yet. 

30 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I appreciate the info, but I was more wondering about how they’re actually using the two TEs. They used to kill teams by using Gronk and Hernandez in 12 personnel packages and when the defense went heavy to counter that run threat, they’d go to the hurry up, flex one or both, and just kill slower LBs and smaller DBs all day. I just assumed that’s why they signed both TEs in free agency, but neither is a Gronk or Hernandez and Jones certainly isn’t Brady, I guess.  

Yes it's a little different with both scenario. You have a rookie QB so they are only given him so much responsibility. Their Oline has not been very good to run any scheme and both TEs aren't getting much separation from their defenders. Smith a little more than Hunter Henry.

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

And why is that? did you look at the bucs offensive weapons compared to what Brady had his last year in NE or last year at all?

This is all hyperbole, there is no NE -based ESPN. There's just fans jealous and tired of hearing about the Pats. Like every sports show is full of hot takes and the  hosts saying something to get notice. Everyone show does it and every host does it in every sport... to just about every player. It's what sports shows are now a days. I am sure you are not complaining when GMFB hosts goes completely bat-sh*t crazy about the Bills

Bill called, he needs to you on the Pats message board ASAP. They're readying the annual pyre to Victor Kiam hoping that will turn the season around for once.

EDIT - Freakin thing...

Edited by pocoboy
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am so locked in for this game you can't even imagine, although some of you probably remember my incoherent weekly meltdowns about the Patriots when Brady was there so it might not come as a surprise.

The Patriots were the sound in the middle of the night, the monster under the bed, the unknown terror lurking around every corner, the wet blanket on fun up and coming players and teams. Anything great anyone did never mattered, because Brady would throw 368 passes a game to Edelman, who would be wide open every time, and they would go 17 plays in 12:30 to score a TD. Rinse and repeat. Plus, NE cheated a lot and Belichick was always miserable. 

Put simply: For me, Brady and NE made football a lot less fun for a long time. Life was easy back then: NE=bad. 

But here we are... Evil vs Evil. Villian vs. Villian. Nightmare v Nightmare. 

And really, it's 100% a fair fight. Belichick made the choice to let Brady go almost 2 years ago now. Belichick has had 2 entire offseasons to retool the team to his liking. So, there is really no way to say "well, the Patriots aren't really up to the task" without that being 100% totally on Belichick. 

Thus, if Brady comes in and embarrasses NE in blowout fashion then it would be 100% proof that Brady > Belichick.

After all, this is truly Bill's team. This is his vision vs. the QB he didn't want 2 years ago. No excuses. 

Who will I root for? I honestly couldn't tell you. I won't actually know until I see the game. 

But my gut tells me that I would enjoy seeing Brady humiliated by Belichick's defense more than I would enjoy seeing Brady and Gronk run up the score in Ne and all of their "fans" cheering for Tampa over NE. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

I was always very strong in my belief that Belichick is > than Brady, and if you got Brady out of New England he would be ordinary, while the Patriots chug along into perpetuity, at least until Belichick ran out of souls to steal.

I was completely wrong, or at least would have to go into all sorts of gymnastics on how good the team is in Tampa, yadda yadda which I dont have the energy for.  Brady proved last year he is the Greatest ever (I loathe the acronym).  I have fought admitting it throughout his career, but it feels better to just deal with it.

Belichick will go down as the greatest coach of all time.  Even still.  You cannot take away the track record as well as the Championships (even counting SB XXV which he played a/the major role in as well as XXI).  He has been in some NFL coaching capacity now for almost 50 years which in of itself is rarified air.

He has quickly adapted, innovated, and stayed ahead of the curve through many junctures of the past 20 years and also found little wrinkles in the rulebook to use in his favor.  Amazing.    Honestly, having people dig through the trash for information is pretty intelligent.  He was very smart and ahead of the curve when it came to paying players their second and third contracts, being heady on what production/value the replacement would bring.  Granted, Brady made him look good a lot of his time, but you have to give Belichick a heck of a lot of credit too.  

As someone who consumes NFL history... I really love how Belichick seems to have a deep fondness/obsession/respect for the deep history of the sport, even pre-merger eras.  When he gets off script and provides insight/theories/history lesson on football it is absolutely captivating.  

I do wonder if the game/sport/minds/advanced stats and analysis have passed Belichick by a bit, at least with him playing the role of General Manager and assuming the level of control and bullheadedness I imagine he holds there.  He has floundered a bit as GM.  

Edited by May Day 10

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Belichick will go down as the greatest coach of all time.  Even still.  You cannot take away the track record as well as the Championships (even counting SB XXV which he played a/the major role in as well as XXI).  He has been in some NFL coaching capacity now for almost 50 years which in of itself is rarified air.

He only will because the lapdogs in the media feed from his competitive intelligence trough. We've only seen the surface dinged with that Schefter news...

Just about any news leak comes from that shop. Mark it down...

Edited by pocoboy

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually they are bad. Very bad. And Boston sports radio sounds this morning like they are waking up to that fact. They are predicting an epic beatdown vs. "Tompa Bay" next Sunday.

Nice.  I'm going to start using "Tompa Boy" Buccaneers.  Thank You.

4 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Love these knee-jerk reactions. It's like some people just started watching the NFL.

The past is the past.  This year is all that matters in football.

24 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Bill called, he needs to you on the Pats message board ASAP. They're readying the annual pyre to Victor Kiam hoping that will turn the season around for once.

Yes, my favorite part....the " I have nothing to add" post. 

and you do not want me to start talking about the bills history do you?

Edited by Ghost_002!

17 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yes, my favorite part....the " I have nothing to add" post. 

and you do not want me to start talking about the bills history do you?

I mean, you have all that great history to reminisce about with fellow Patriots fans. Why you'd be over here trolling a Bills forum should be something the moderators should take up with you...

Edited by pocoboy

27 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Nice.  I'm going to start using "Tompa Boy" Buccaneers.  Thank You.

The past is the past.  This year is all that matters in football.

?? I mean... what are we doing here??

Fans don't travel to other messages boards anymore?

Apparently u didn't know there are bills fans here that go to pats n other teams boards as well?

Anything else u got?

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

?? I mean... what are we doing here??

Fans don't travel to other messages boards anymore?

Apparently u didn't know there are bills fans here that go to pats n other teams boards as well?

Anything else u got?

Nahh, replying to the wrong comment with half-intelligible jibberish on a rival's board reads like a job posting for being a Patriots fan. You're hired.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Nahh, replying to the wrong comment with half-intelligible jibberish on a rival's board reads like a job posting for being a Patriots fan. You're hired.

You clearly knew it was meant for you or you wouldn't of replied back. So mission accomplished. 

20 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Great coach.   Bad GM.

That’s the truth.  They have missed so much it’s almost comical, but the scheme and Brady covered a lot for him.

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Brady is the NFL’s equivalent to Michael Jordan. No one in their right mind would debate who was greater for the Bulls success, Phil Jackson or Michael Jordan and it’s the same situation here. The coach calls the plays, incorporates the schemes, but it’s on the players to execute. A coach’s greatness is directly influenced by who they have on the field/court. Belichick is a great coach, but take away his Brady years and he’s nowhere near the conversation for “greatest head coach of all time.” He needed arguably the greatest QB of all time to birth that legacy.

Phil was smart enough to not coach again without a stacked roster and some of the very best players ever on his roster.  Phil = way smarter than BB.

48 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

?? I mean... what are we doing here??  Talking about BB and his input to the 1-2 record of the 2021 New England Patriots.

Fans don't travel to other messages boards anymore?  I don't.

Apparently u didn't know there are bills fans here that go to pats n other teams boards as well?  I don't care about that.

Anything else u got?  I'm looking forward to the Bills vs Texans game Sunday hoping for a win.  Are you looking forward to the Bucs vs Patriots?