Bill Belichick. Greatest fraud in NFL history.

Beast

8 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Great coach.   Bad GM.

Also an untrustworthy person as well, being that he has a propensity to cheat a lot and gets caught every four/ish years on average for the last two decades, but hey, some folk like a cheater, birds of a feather and all. 

Edited by Don Otreply

6 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Last year Brady proved he could win SB with any coach without genius BB. BB proved he’s below average without Brady

Hes got plenty of excuses for last year outside of brady...I'd give him this full season and see how he does.  A lot of their big name defensive players missed a whole year last year so it might take them more time to gel than others they are only a game behind us after all so we can't call them terrible yet for their record this year 🤣

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

Vince Lombardi sucked without an HOF QB
Bill Walsh sucked without an HOF QB
Bill Cowher sucked without an HOF QB

Both John  Gruden and Joe Gibbs win super bowls without HOF QBs.  Based on TBD statistical theories, the key is find a coach whose initials are JG

Wow!
No.

Lombardi’s offense with NYG was so good under HC Allie Sherman, it landed him the GB HC job (also DC Tom Landry ‘flexed’ pretty good). He had the Rdskins revitalized before dying of cancer.
Cower made a SB with Neil O’Donnell at QB

Walsh changed the game with his innovative West Coast Offense, a strategy still seen in variations every game.

But Hey! Don’t let facts derail your thoughts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Every coach needs to a good QB to excel or an otherwise uber-talented roster.

LeGOATski, my good fellow… you are spot on per usual!

However, you look at guys like a Dave Wannstedt, for example, who went 82-87 over his career with guys like Erik Kramer and Jay Fiedler under center. We can probably all agree Wanny is below average. 

A good chunk of Belichik’s 62-74 was with guys like Bernie Kosar and Drew Bledsoe at QB. It’s not unreasonable to say Belichik had superior non-Brady QB talent to a guy like Wanny and produced a worse record. 

In a world where Brady never falls into his lap, does Belichik finish out another mediocre season or two with Bledsoe in New England, get canned, and go down as a great DC who was a below average head coach? 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Great coach.   Bad GM.

Great coach. Great GM.

Bad drafting the last 3 - 4 years, though.

Was Brady the more important piece than Belichick? I've always thought so and said so. Not enough info yet for proof, but it's certainly looking that way.

But there's no such thing as the GOAT, at QB or head coach. It's too hard to compare across eras and there are too many terrific candidates. But Belichick is certainly one of the best. Yeah, I think Brady was more important than Belichick to the overall success of that team, but having Belichick was also huge. Look at all the many coaches who had great QBs and never won one championship, never mind six.

Edited by Thurman#1

I couldn’t believe people were choosing the Pats to be super bowl contenders this year. But I think the pats are still a mediocre team (they aren’t bad). Look at who’ve they beat. The jets and the dolphins. Jets are terrible and the dolphins look to be pretty lousy. 

14 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I couldn’t believe people were choosing the Pats to be super bowl contenders this year. But I think the pats are still a mediocre team (they aren’t bad). Look at who’ve they beat. The jets and the dolphins. Jets are terrible and the dolphins look to be pretty lousy. 

they didn't beat the dolphins

• Like (+1) 1

I always felt like Brady was like having an extra coach for the offense (even defense to some extent), just with the respect and aura he brought to other players. Randy Moss was a dick but he didn;t act like that when he went to NE and had an amazing season. I'm convinced that was down to Brady taking him to one side and talking to him about 'the Patriot way'. I think just having Brady there made so many players, even journeymen, play way above their usual levels.

With him gone that aura has gone and I don't believe Belichick has that same effect on people despite his success, mainly because he's a tool who the players themselves probably don't trust. 

Basically what I'm saying is in losing Brady the Pats lost more than just a great player, they lost a coach and a leader and the personification of the Patriot Way.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Actually they are bad. Very bad. And Boston sports radio sounds this morning like they are waking up to that fact. They are predicting an epic beatdown vs. "Tompa Bay" next Sunday.

16 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Little early for this, also just no.

Rookie QB coming back down to Earth after playing an actual good defense.

Actually Jones was responsible for 1 INT. 1 bounced Smith hands (after juggling it for what felt like 10 minutes) for a pick 6. The second he was throwing and got hammered as he was throwing. 

Truth-be told he is better than I expected, but the D can’t get a stop when needed (21-13 and the D lets the Saints eat the clock up for a TD) and the O line is just a plain mess. (They shouldn’t be should be a top 5 line) 

as for this thread. Since 2000 BB went 14-6 without Brady and last year went 7-9 with one of the worst rosters in the NFL. He isn’t a fraud he just may be coming to the end of his run like anyone who is 70 years old.

• Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, Beast said:

So, can we agree that Joe Gibbs is 10 times the HC that Belichick ever thought of being? He did it three times.

Gibbs did it those three times with three different QBs. I don’t like to engage in GOAT conversations, but Gibbs certainly has a seat at the table.