Bill Belichick. Greatest fraud in NFL history.

Beast

6 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Last year Brady proved he could win SB with any coach without genius BB. BB proved he’s below average without Brady

I agree, and I’m not denying the fact that Brady is still playing at a high level, but he pulled a LeBron by going to a team with a loaded roster. I’m not sure if that proves can win with any coach. 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

and you want to ignore 84% of the man's career and pretend that isn't significant.

Fraud is comical but I think you could make the case hes overrated.  They spent tons of picks on the defensive side of the ball because Brady was carrying the offense and their defense really hasn't even been excellent.  Belichick kind of GMed that team straight into the ground although there's a ton of football left.  Weird seeing him pick mac I don't think thats the guy he wanted 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Has Bruce Arians ever been propped up as the best HC to ever live?

Start your own thread and ask.

No but he won with Brady, that should disqualify him right?  No, I won't start a stupid thread, that's your job.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I've never thought that highly of him. And he's a cheater.

But I don't think the record says anything significant.

I always thought the fact that the defensive genius couldn’t stop a nosebleed for years said more, fraud might be a bit much but overrated for sure 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Yeah, I mean it's not New England's defenses were ever any good.

I'd argue Belichick is the main reason Bill Parcells has any rings. 

Parcells hired him. He also hired Coughlin. Part of being a great coach is identifying and hiring great assistants. It’s basically the number one job of a head coach, and Parcells was unparalleled in that area. He also rescued and nurtured Sean Payton. Parcells is one of the greatest ever, in my opinion.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 1

McDermott made the playoffs his first year, without Josh or much else for that matter...

Bill is now on year 2 without Tom, and now has invested a top pick into an Alabama QB with mediocre intangibles, who's ceiling is probably "prime" Trent Edwards... Not to mention the Patriots inability to hit on 1st round picks to begin with.

Even with the expanded playoff format, they'll be lucky to sniff a wildcard anytime soon, especially with how strong the West and North both are.  

There are no more coattails for the hoodie to ride, he will have to live with the Bills owning the division until he's forced into retirement.