9/26/21 Bills vs. WTF Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, it doesn’t suck but since I doubt all those things were turned around in 4 days practice, it might be nice to acknowledge that your prior take might have been a bit extreme

How were they extreme? Never did I say Allen couldn't get back to playing well or like last year. I acknowledged it was only a 2-4 game stretch of Allen playing poorly. I stated other issues like the Oline and lack of run game contributed to Allen being mediocre at best. That Allen has a relative small sample size of being great and he may regress or is regressing. Sorry, I think many hear don't like hearing this and label it as extreme. Extreme to me us saying Allen sucks and the Bills won't win anything with him at the QB. Extreme is not acknowledging poor QB play, mechanics, accuracy, etc. Extreme is not acknowledging when a QB is playing well. 

• Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He is a much better player than John Brown and as of right now better than Davis too. Diggs is getting all the attention so having a consistent #2 that does a little bit of everything is critical.

Agreed. I was skeptical about Sanders after the 1st game.  But he is building a good rapport with Josh Allen and it is showing up in the last two games

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How often though do you see that happen, not very much.  They may not have practiced that in over a month due to the limited amount of practice time today.  Instead they spend their time working on things that happen at a more frequent rate.  Not an excuse, just reality.  It wasn't just a short kick either, was more a tweener, between two levels of players and both kind of likely assumed the other would get it and likely also with players not normally handling the ball as much.

I do wonder if that kick was actually planned by Washington, or just the result of the kick getting held up in the wind and ending up a high short one?

I’m fairly sure it was due to a wind gust. I mean you don’t voluntarily risk giving Allen good field position when there’s lightning shooting out of his a$$. I’m mostly inclined to give credit to the kicker for being super aware - he’s a vet and shows it.

There’s a few odds and ends going on with ST though

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, appoo said:

I’m fairly sure it was due to a wind gust. I mean you don’t voluntarily risk giving Allen good field position when there’s lightning shooting out of his a$$. I’m mostly inclined to give credit to the kicker for being super aware - he’s a vet and shows it.

There’s a few odds and ends going on with ST though

I was sitting in 338 on West side near that end zone and saw it perfectly from my level. I really thought at first it was a set play..it landed so perfectly. Maybe top spin or something.

But when Bass kicked off second half it died again and went out of bounds. Like the wind just grabbed it and pushed it down. That's when I realized it must have been the wind.

It's actually a great play though. If a team worked on topping the ball into an open area down the field 30 years to surprise teams its more likely to succeed than an onside kick. Theres a guy deep then maybe 2 guys there and lots of open space. It looked so easy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Haven't seen any around recently have you?

Sucking their thumbs with Nick Wright in their race car beds.

He played great today. It was a thing of beauty. It's been too long since he's played that good. Looks like Allen and the offense have their mojo back. Let's hope they get on a roll. I expect the same vs the lowly Texans. The real test will be at KC and at Tenn. Two places that are very difficult to win at. Right now, let's just enjoy this win and Allen's great play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

He played great today. It was a thing of beauty. It's been too long since he's played that good. Looks like Allen and the offense have their mojo back. Let's hope they get on a roll. I expect the same vs the lowly Texans. The real test will be at KC and at Tenn. Two places that are very difficult to win at. Right now, let's just enjoy this win and Allen's great play. 

I'm always enjoying a win.  There are some people who can't is the problem.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm always enjoying a win.  There are some people who can't is the problem.

I haven't seen that here. I've seen some including myself as being critical of Bills players and their mediocre or poor performances. Somehow, that gets equated into being a troll, a hater and or annoying. Do really understand that but then again who cares. Happy about the W!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I haven't seen that here. I've seen some including myself as being critical of Bills players and their mediocre or poor performances. Somehow, that gets equated into being a troll, a hater and or annoying. Do really understand that but then again who cares. Happy about the W!

Being critical in context is one thing, jumping off the bridge because of one play is another.   There are plenty of the latter. 

Check the Miami post game thread for examples. 

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Agreed. I was skeptical about Sanders after the 1st game.  But he is building a good rapport with Josh Allen and it is showing up in the last two games

Josh wasn't completely in sync with Diggs starting out last year either wasn't super noticeable just some harder catches he had to make and not as smooth.

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

"Shook?" Don't think I ever was that. He played like a super star today. Imho, the negative criticism was deserved. May I remind you that D. Jones on the road shredded the Wash defense too. Not trying to take anything away from Allen. He deserves the positives for today's performance. I'm not about to apologize for having concerns about how Allen was playing. After 2 games, there was plenty of red flags. 

You call Jones throwing for 249 yards shredding Washington defense?😂 Good lord. This week you would've been calling calling for Josh's head had he thrown for that today. Don't worry about the perception of taking anything away from Josh, you can't, as he had more than that by halftime. 

Struggling for the first 2 games of the year after an MVP caliber season doesn't warrant the discussion of red flags. Especially in a year when the starters only played 1 half of football together in the preseason. Clearly there was some rust to knock off from the OC, QB and most importantly the OL. IMO you were way too overboard with your "hot takes" and fail to see it/admit it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

How do you explain the Jets?

Ha! I touched on this in the Pregame thread. EVERY team changes from year to year -Except the Jets.

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

It's definitely a little frustrating especially considering the bills put a lot of resources in special teams, and have had 2 massive plays against them in 3 games.

Lets hope they clean it up 

The blocked punt was all on Haak. Tricky wind today is a ‘teaching moment’

Allen played great! I will continue to give my my opinions and assessments as I see them. After all, isn't that one of the purposes of being here? Obviously, there are going to be differing opinions. 

It’s way past your bedtime. You have school tomorrow!

"Shook?" Don't think I ever was that. He played like a super star today. Imho, the negative criticism was deserved. May I remind you that D. Jones on the road shredded the Wash defense too. Not trying to take anything away from Allen. He deserves the positives for today's performance. I'm not about to apologize for having concerns about how Allen was playing. After 2 games, there was plenty of red flags. 

No, you may not. 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

How were they extreme? Never did I say Allen couldn't get back to playing well or like last year. I acknowledged it was only a 2-4 game stretch of Allen playing poorly. I stated other issues like the Oline and lack of run game contributed to Allen being mediocre at best. That Allen has a relative small sample size of being great and he may regress or is regressing. Sorry, I think many hear don't like hearing this and label it as extreme. Extreme to me us saying Allen sucks and the Bills won't win anything with him at the QB. Extreme is not acknowledging poor QB play, mechanics, accuracy, etc. Extreme is not acknowledging when a QB is playing well. 

Your takes are sheer lunacy. You’ve exposed yourself as such. Give it a goddam rest! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Since week 17 of last year...2 regular season games?😂

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Allen played great! I will continue to give my my opinions and assessments as I see them. After all, isn't that one of the purposes of being here? Obviously, there are going to be differing opinions. 

You should go back and read your posts, although you might not want to, embarrassing stuff…, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You should go back and read your posts, although you might not want to, embarrassing stuff…, 

Go Bills!!!

Nothing embarrassing at all. I stand behind everything I said. I own my opinions. 

39 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Since week 17 of last year...2 regular season games?😂

I'd say 4 games. Last 2 playoff games and first 2 of this year. Last quality start before today was the Indy game. 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Nothing embarrassing at all. I stand behind everything I said. I own my opinions. 

Owning it doesn’t change what it is.

Edited by Don Otreply

46 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ha! I touched on this in the Pregame thread. EVERY team changes from year to year -Except the Jets.

The blocked punt was all on Haak. Tricky wind today is a ‘teaching moment’

It’s way past your bedtime. You have school tomorrow!

No, you may not. 🤦‍♂️

Your takes are sheer lunacy. You’ve exposed yourself as such. Give it a goddam rest! 

Here cone the personal attacks. Expected them but its all good. I'm not here to fight nor make friends. 

• Dislike 1