9/26/21 Bills vs. WTF Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

The afterglow

1.  Went to my first game this season.  Slid right in around 1115a.  Stadium was full by 1p, so it must not have been too bad to get in at gate.

2.  As many on here predicted, Allen returned to 2020 form today.  He played awesome.

3.  Two plays is all WFT had.  A long catch/run and a muffed kickoff.  And with those two, a 21 point lead was cut to 7 and the buzz was completely different in the stadium in the first half. But.....

4.  The TD drive the Bills had in the 3rd was a backbreaker for Washington.

5.  Give Heinicke credit.  He's a slippery fellow.  Bills crashed the pocket all day and he just slipped away, time after time.

6.  You get a pick, you get a pick, you get a pick (well that one was nullified by penalty)

7.  Who says Allen can't throw the ball in the wind?  Who said that on here?

8.  Great day in AFCE, Bills win and Miami, New England and Jets all lost

9.  Allen's day had him re-enter the MVP discussions. 

10. Knox is rounding into form.

11. Game ball to Oline that kept Allen's jersey clean-ish

12. Bills D kept WFT under 100 yards rushing..  Well done..

13. Seems like once every week Sanders has one stretched-out, finger tip catch.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

How do you explain the Jets?

The gap is huge haha the gap between a mediocre team and a great team maybe isn't that big 

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I couldn't agree more. Daboll must realize the benefit of running the ball (Moss) and throwing more to Knox. It's been a lifetime since we've had a TE threat.

Daboll def cooks up a nice game plan to maximize mismatches hes just so stubborn about it when his players aren't executing 🤣 wft is pretty weak at LB so a healthy dose of knox/moss was the ticket this game 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Speaking of Gabe, did he get injured during the game?  It seems he playing time was very limited after making his reception early in the game.

he’s also got enough tape from last year that any DC worth his salt is like “make sure you know where 13 is” because he roasted defenses all last season on sandlot and sideline plays. 

Sanders is an unknown quantity for a lot of defenses so covering him in this play design is still a work in progress. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Speaking of Gabe, did he get injured during the game?  It seems he playing time was very limited after making his reception early in the game.

It appeared that the Bills were playing Sanders today a lot and still keeping Beasley and Diggs in the game.

18 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The gap is huge haha the gap between a mediocre team and a great team maybe isn't that big 

Daboll def cooks up a nice game plan to maximize mismatches hes just so stubborn about it when his players aren't executing 🤣 wft is pretty weak at LB so a healthy dose of knox/moss was the ticket this game 

Wonder if Moss being active week 1 would have made a difference. He’s clearly the best back in the running and passing game. Singletary had another drop today.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Motor26 said:

Wonder if Moss being active week 1 would have made a difference. He’s clearly the best back in the running and passing game. Singletary had another drop today.

Yea I think he wanted breida split out as a receiver and we kind of outsmarted ourselves without a real backup plan.  Singletary wasn't too effective running the ball either today 

14 minutes ago, uninja said:

he’s also got enough tape from last year that any DC worth his salt is like “make sure you know where 13 is” because he roasted defenses all last season on sandlot and sideline plays. 

Sanders is an unknown quantity for a lot of defenses so covering him in this play design is still a work in progress. 

That is a very good point.

Just now, K-9 said:

Just occurred to me today was the first game in a while where the refs didn’t royally piss me off at least once during the course of it. They let the trenches play most of the day and I think that’s why. 

I mean if we hadn't scored anyway so often the lack of DPI against Diggs would of been really annoying.