9/26/21 Bills vs. WTF Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There were times that Bills were on the other side of that week 1. Remember the 31-0 vs Pats in 2003. Then what happened 

I’ve maintained since that loss that “Stiller” fans will be clinging to that win as they watch the bills play through January and they’re team is sitting at home. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Steelers loss was the best thing to happen to this team— specifically, for Daboll. We win that game and we are still running these empty sets and throwing the ball 100 Times.  

The balance and use of Knox and the RBs in the passing game has really helped the offense.

Right it's what been begging for adjustments. Glad they are doing this.

23 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

At some point an announcer was praising Daboll for his masterful play calling, saying he mixed it up, kept the defense guessing, got Josh into a rhythm, etc. I was thinking the same thing during the game, and when he said it, my first thought was, "Yeah - where was that guy in Week 1?"

Yup, safe short passes to calm down Josh and get his confidence going. Nice run pass mix today. Could've used this against Pitt.  Great gameplan for Daboll and the OL played better. 

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Steelers loss was the best thing to happen to this team— specifically, for Daboll. We win that game and we are still running these empty sets and throwing the ball 100 Times.  

The balance and use of Knox and the RBs in the passing game has really helped the offense.

I agree. They got too cute with that 5 WR crap. 3 WR TE and RB should be the primary group 75 - 80% of the time

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Washington isn't that good either. Nevertheless, I am just gonna enjoy this win and great offensive performance. 

Are you gonna shut up about Allen for the next week? That would be great! 

K thanks! 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Miyagi San, we’ll said my Sin Se.  I wholeheartedly agree.  Daboll expected some mana Coverage and zone with blitzing in week 1.  He didn’t adjust and we paid the price.  Now that we are more balanced in a 60/40 pass to run, and using Knox as well as some chips meant all the difference today.  I want to enjoy the win as we have another tune up week they won’t overlook where Allen can cement what he knows to do and then the real work starts.

The good news with Frank Clark suspended among other things has the Chiefs looking suspect on defense.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

By the way, I thought Heinecki looked good today. Great mobility And his fade to Thomas was text book. I think he will be the long term starter there. He just needs some more weapons and a good defense.

I wouldn't say long-term starter. He is what he is, so they'll be looking for someone else.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

By the way, I thought Heinecki looked good today. Great mobility And his fade to Thomas was text book. I think he will be the long term starter there. He just needs some more weapons and a good defense.

Dude is impossible to sack. Good lord…. I like him a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

It was tough to see on TV whether the coverage was just outstanding or whether he was not seeing open receivers.

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I wouldn't say long-term starter. He is what he is, so they'll be looking for someone else.

he’s not really though “who he is.” He has 2 starts. his ceiling seems high. The guy is super mobile, great presence, good arm and accuracy. His guys dropped like a thousand balls. All I know is that in his two games, he looks better than any other new starting QB’s I have seen in a long time. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I couldn't agree more. Daboll must realize the benefit of running the ball (Moss) and throwing more to Knox. It's been a lifetime since we've had a TE threat.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

he’s not really though “who he is.” He has 2 starts. his ceiling seems high. The guy is super mobile, great presence, good arm and accuracy. His guys dropped like a thousand balls. All I know is that in his two games, he looks better than any other new starting QB’s I have seen in a long time. 

I would hesitate to say "new" because the guy is 28 and has been around the block already. He started nicely but wasn't out of this world. They'll be looking for someone else 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I mean he does seem to have a habit of getting frustrated with not having anything and trying to force things into bad spots.

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I would hesitate to say "new" because the guy is 28 and has been around the block already. He started nicely but wasn't out of this world. They'll be looking for someone else 

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean he does seem to have a habit of getting frustrated with not having anything and trying to force things into bad spots.

I think you guys are being too hard on him.  He has a huge ceiling, IMO. if I am Rivera, I think about giving him a long hard look as the starter. 

(The forcing thing is more of a maturity thing— you’d rather see that than a Charlie checkdown).