9/26/21 GameDay Bills vs. WFT Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

‘Wake up Maggie! I think I got something to say to you! It’s late September and I really should be Back at School! I know I Keep you amused, but I feel I’m being used!’

I don’t know why the media bothers with ranking strength of teams by the previous years’ record. Every team* can turn over their club in one year these days. WFT was the weakest Division winner last year, but they boast a fantastic Front 4! They’ve been killing themselves with penalties and miscues so far, but that’s nothing to hang our hat on. 

We Can get after ‘Heinekin’ with a couple of chasers (🤦‍♂️) and their WRs aren’t great. So it comes down the Offense finding ways to get past their DL on both run and pass. Daboll has called a few head-scratchers already, trying to ignite the Offense, but we remain capable of exploding at any time. We’ll find out today if we really have developed a NFL-style running game. Motors great 1st run padded his stats, but he’s definitely improved. Moss looks fully back from his injury and forcing defenders to make ‘bidniz decisions’. Was he a candidate for Angry Run this week? He should have been!

Then, there’s Josh/Diggs/Beasley/Sanders/Davis & Knox. WFT secondary is suspect, so we should be able to finally shake off the rust and dominate. At least I hope so!

Gorgeous Autumn day in WNY! Sunny and 69 degrees, wind at 19 mph. Great football weather.

Gitcherassesup! Rub yer eyes, Scratch, Pour a cup-o-Joe and let’s discuss!

*Except the Jets

Go Bills!

Discuss.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

IT’s GAMEDAY!

By halftime, it’s 21-3, Bills with two passing TD’s from Allen to Diggs, and Knox, and another punishing run from Moss knocking one of the LB’s on his ars, and in the sideline for the WFT team are saying…

At halftime, the sideline reporter finds (I know they don’t, but bear with me)

AJ, what’s you’re prediction in the 2nd half….

Not that I want him hurt, but I want to see AJ nail Heineken at least twice with hopefully a partial by GROOT. 

GO BILLS!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

This is another good test to see where this Bills team is at mentally. 
Let’s see what Daboll is working on this week with the offense.  Dab’s is always trying something, just hope he starts finding the right buttons to push like he did last year. 
Let’s see what Frazier cooks up to keep this D looking elite. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This is another good test to see where this Bills team is at mentally. 
Let’s see what Daboll is working on this week with the offense.  Dab’s is always trying something, just hope he starts finding the right buttons to push like he did last year. 
Let’s see what Frazier cooks up to keep this D looking elite. 

This!

These really are to 2 biggest unknowns that will determine victory or defeat. Our Offense has graduated to a multi-faceted machine, able to Morf into any form depending on Opposition. It’s all about the planned attack. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I expect lots of pass rush, 5 and 6 rushers, IF tape study shows that Heinieke panics or never gets off his first read.  But if he has good feet, patience, and steps up in the pocket correctly, then . . .

I expect DL drops into disguised coverage, with 4 man rush, IF tape study shows Heinieke makes terrible reads / decisions / throws. 

Basically, let him beat himself.  Play to his weakness.

• Like (+1) 1

My one worry is how their front 4 matches our O line. That said, Cover One brought up a good point: their linebackers play zone and are liability in pass coverage. We have incredible zone beaters in Beasley and Sanders to exploit that.

I hope for the Bills to bring in Moss and a TE to pass protect and then hammer the run game if they go into dime to bracket Diggs, Beasley and Sanders in a 3 WR set

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Cynthia looks good in glasses.

I hope we blow them away in this one. A real dominating performance. I want to see Josh playing smooth and loose, in control and having fun out there. I have a feeling it may happen today.

It'd be great to get a big lead and let the defensive line take over in the second half.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1