Jelani Wood TE Virgnia

Mikie2times

6"7, 265 and attacks the ball in the air. Catches everything with his hands and covers a massive catch radius with his height and arm length. Above average speed and agility for a player his size. I doubt we get in a position to draft him, but wow. The guy is a more athletic version on Antonio Gates (he played basketball in the past as well). I wasn't aware of him until I watched the the game Friday night and I came away with my jaw on the floor. I thought Kyle Pitts was the second coming, but Wood will give him a run for his money. I don't think he gets slotted like Pitts. Maybe we have a shot. Really enjoyed watching his game.

• Like (+1) 1

I came to Oklahoma State as a QB and they moved him to "Cowboy Back" (aka, TE) in Stillwater. I HATED to see him leave OSU... we didn't utilize him enough. He's not the fastest in the world, but the dude is a freak with his size. 

Could you imagine if they kept him at QB in Stillwater?!?

16 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Is he worth using the 32nd pick in the draft on?

He is MASSIVE but he's not very quick. OSU didn't use him enough when he was in Stillwater... his speed and hands were an issue at the time. Hopefully he's better at both. 

But I think Knox (I've been saying this since he was drafted from Ole Miss) has a chance to be EXTREMELY good for us. He's showing signs this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.