Levi fined 9.5k for “taunting”

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I think you’re kidding.  Clean hit and did not pancake him. That would’ve pissed me off.  Hi hit was textbook about how t give a legal punishing hit.  Sorry the guy was hurt, but I love a little legal nasty.

Again guys, it’s not yelling waving denied.  It’s jumping up staring down at him and making the gesture.  They warned everyone including the fans they were going to do this and they are making a point.  Like it or not he knew this summer and all he had to do is jump up turn fast hypothetically to his bench and yell out “denied”.  Legal. Stand over and looking down at him yelling the same thing, illegal.

I heard this stuff from the Perriera and other last officials all summer warning they were going to do it.  The Lamar comment I assume is a joke as the NFL encourages those celebrations.  The whole point is don’t be right at you’re opponent when you do it.  It’s not changing so no reason to be upset over it.  Theme the enforced

rules now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Dude who spit at another player should’ve got suspended.  That’s just nasty.   

Is there anything more disrespectful then spitting on someone ? 
Especially now with possibility of getting COVID from it so yah I agree 100% anyone who does that should get suspended 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The rule is stupid. No argument there. 

But, the league warned everyone they were going to be very strict in this. It’s a bone head move by Wallace.

Again, Yes, it’s football, and they should be able to talk trash. But the league promised they’d crack down so how someone can still decide to do something like that is beyond me. (His INT shortly after made up for it :) )

Edited by stevestojan

This was a good call. I'm not sure it deserves a fine, but it was a good call. It was taunting. You're definitely allowed to show emotion; you just can't throw it in a guy's face disrespectfully. To be honest, I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to understand this.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

How in the world is signaling that the pass is incomplete taunting, when your actual job is to make sure the pass is incomplete??? Is it taunting when the pass receiver signals that he CAUGHT the pass? Is it taunting when the running back signals that he was down before fumbling? Nope! It’s their freaking job! It’s NOT personal against the other player!

You've got to be kidding. Did you watch the play? If so, this is a crazy homer take. He clearly taunted the receiver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This was a good call. I'm not sure it deserves a fine, but it was a good call. It was taunting. You're definitely allowed to show emotion; you just can't throw it in a guy's face disrespectfully. To be honest, I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to understand this.

I agree... just make your play and walk away and then thump the chest. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Putin said:

Exactly just don’t do it in the guys face 

You got it Putin.  Saying it’s not fair or what about when this guy does that will do nothing.

Where the side of not liking it I wholeheartedly agree is a fine is a bit excessive.  Maybe something minor I guess so the layer feels some pain, but $9k is a bit.  You’d think him losing his team 15 yards and getting a lashing from McD would be enough.  McD is a high character guy so it’s good he never seems to do this on the sideline, but I bet players at times get called into the principal’s office privately as all people should be managed.  Allow Levi to maintain his dignity.

It reminds me of Stevie Johnson's bone headed T-shirt action - he knew it was wrong, he was going to be fined and did it anyways.

There was no purpose other than "Look at Me".  It is not like when a play takes a cheap shot on a player because that player got away with it in front of the zebras who was supposed to be even handed/

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It reminds me of Stevie Johnson's bone headed T-shirt action - he knew it was wrong, he was going to be fined and did it anyways.

Ah yes....knew right then that was going to be a flag soon as he did it. Was stupid decision and attention seeking type move

6 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Did Lamar het fined for his endzone flip? 

i think Levi’s was a clear taunt. 

But Lamar’s was too and probably worse. That sort of show boating is intended to be a slap in the face to the opponent. You don’t have to stare down a guy for there to be a taunt. The worst is Tyreek Hill. Some defender needs to just drive him into the wall the next time he does one of his show boating back flips, etc into the endzone. 

• Like (+1) 1