Wow Bills Fans, it's been ten years already since....

Another Fan

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Week 3 against the Patriots, 9/25/2011.  The day the fifteen game losing streak against the Patriots ended.  

Besides it being like a really great day, the date always stands in my mind as well as it was my first trek to a Bills game.  Couldn't beat it.  Random fans coming up high-fiving me at the end of the game because I had on Bills gear, one fan behind me even hugged me.  Complete but organized pandemonium after Lindell hit that winning field goal.  

If anyone goes to the Buffalo History Museum this game is displayed as one of the greatest in franchise history.  Obviously not the greatest but still....

After this play the stadium felt it was gonna collapse in the upper deck how hard people were cheering.    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-QbwCO_bXg

It's the Florence pick 6 that day, I displayed it as a link due to copyright issues.

All these years later while it's still special it's kind of bittersweet.  The game unfortunately never led to any long term success, especially with that core group of guys.  Still had to wait another 6 years for the drought to end.

But I think it's probably still the last big celebration like that at The Ralph?  I mean even with this success of recent years:

2017: last game was in Miami, it was more a celebration of the Bengal play

2019: the big wins came on the road against Pittsburgh & Dallas

2020: the pandemic 

It was an amazing game to watch.  One of my good friends has season tickets.  He filmed the very of the game once Buffalo won and you could see the people in the row ahead of him legit tearing up in celebration.  I remember feeling certain that 2011 was the year that the streak would be broken….

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I was in India, and couldn't sleep, so woke up early and watched some highlights before touring the Taj Mahal.  I remember feeling like that team was on the verge of greatness.  Oh well, it was a great day anyway :)

335735_2353653756924_2142127010_o.jpg?_n

194730_2353660517093_590029320_o.jpg?_nc

210945_2353672637396_410911317_o.jpg?_nc

Love the fist pump with the monkey, but the cow looks like he's feeling a bit left out

One of those games that's hard to forget. Still can see and hear Fitz's feminine scream quite clear. Lol, remember seeing some fans in stands crying tears of joy. Even though that season ended up going downhill, that particular game itself was a special one for many that day.

• Like (+1) 1