Retired Bills coming to Sunday's game

WhoTom

FYI for those of you in the area...

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/lorenzo-alexander-30-bills-legends-set-to-return-for-sunday-s-game-bills-today

Snip:

Former linebacker Lorenzo Alexander will be the Bills Legend of the game this week and will address the Highmark Stadium crowd prior to kickoff on Sunday. Alexander played in the NFL from 2006-2019. He spent four seasons in Buffalo from 2016-2019, in which he was voted to the 2016 Pro Bowl and was the Pro Bowl Defensive MVP and was a second team All Pro selection. During his time in Buffalo, Alexander played in 64 games and tallied 279 tackles, 24 sacks, 56 QB hits, three interceptions, 25 passes defensed, and nine forced fumbles. Throughout his career Alexander was a five-time Walter Payton Man of the Year Nominee.

Many of your other favorite Buffalo Bills Legends will be in attendance to see the Bills kickoff this Sunday against the Washington Football Team! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Butch Byrd!  Very deserving of a spot on the Wall. 

My sister used to baby sit their kids (and Bob Kaufman’s kid) and I would trade football cards with Butch’s son. This was probably when I was in 4th or 5th grade. I used to think “this isn’t fair, you actually know these people.!” I remember being with my sister baby sitting while we watched the game on TV at their place. More than a half century later, I remember that. Yeah….. what makes an impression in a kid’s life. Rosebud…..

I also had a bit of a faux pas with Butch once. My mother managed the place where we all lived and he came by one day. He was at the door with my dad and extremely pleasant and very well dressed in a nice suit. Even as a little kid I noticed this. I had just seen or heard some stuff about if you put equal pressure around an egg, it would/could not break. Apparently my pressure was not perfectly equal, and my egg sprayed all over his lovely suit.   OOPS! 

He never flinched and to this day I’m surprised that both Butch and my father allowed me to survive!   😂    It’s fighting for a spot on my Mount Rushmore of nightmares, but I ain’t dead yet so it’s probably a long shot. I may amaze myself! 

PS - AMAZING football player!  If you are too young to know and have any interest, do a little research. Eras are different, but he is arguably our best ever CB. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2