New stadium will have PSLs for season ticket holders

Albany,n.y.

12 hours ago, Virgil said:

I don’t care how many teams do it.  This is the definition of greed 

It’s pro sports.  It’s business.   Some might be priced out of season tickets, unfortunately.    This is the main reason PSE proposed the stadium type/location that they did. To keep costs as low as possible while sill raising them.  Put a roof on that added cost will show up in the PSL rates and ticket/parking costs.

I'm sorry but from a selfish standpoint this is good news for me. I was very worried since season tickets sold out that I may be on the outside looking in for years to come. Instead it's sounding like I get a fresh shot at it and can even swing my weight around and secure some great seats.

But I know where I came from and definitely feel for those who now can't afford to keep their seats. It sucks but it's evolution and even tho I wouldn't like it if it cost me my seats, I'd understand it. If everyone stadium built since 2009 has done this, why the hell would anyone here reasonable expect the Bills not to. We have been spoiled with THE cheapest tickets in the league for years. We can't want a great team and expect to keep that going. Greatness comes with a price...for the players, coaches and the fans alike.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I'm sorry but from a selfish standpoint this is good news for me. I was very worried since season tickets sold out that I may be on the outside looking in for years to come. Instead it's sounding like I get a fresh shot at it and can even swing my weight around and secure some great seats.

But I know where I came from and definitely feel for those who now can't afford to keep their seats. It sucks but it's evolution and even tho I wouldn't like it if it cost me my seats, I'd understand it. If everyone stadium built since 2009 has done this, why the hell would anyone here reasonable expect the Bills not to. We have been spoiled with THE cheapest tickets in the league for years. We can't want a great team and expect to keep that going. Greatness comes with a price...for the players, coaches and the fans alike.

Agreed on all points.  My brother and I now are likely to take the plunge and get season tickets in the new place.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Is anyone surprised by this?

At least it's only a one-time charge and transferable.

18 hours ago, Southtown Tommy said:

A PSL is a one-time charge, right?  If so, it's reasonable based on ~$1,000 for the least expensive license.  Price of doing business and having an NFL team in your backyard. 

Exactly. Not surprising, and Bills tickets will likely still be cheaper than elsewhere in the league. PSL's are a weird concept in general (paying for the right to buy a ticket), but if I recall, the Rams put a decent spin on their's that made them actually semi-valuable. I cannot remember for the life of me what that was, and it could be it's the exact opposite (maybe it was way worse than your usual PSL's), but I thought it was an improvement.

Either way, can't be bothered to Google it right now. I'm on my last hour & a half at work & feeling burnt out.

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

Life is about choices. If you know that your seat/s will require a PSL and you want to keep it /them, start saving now.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

don't think they're in any danger

You'll get no argument from me on that, but that's how the uberwealthy operate. Money is power, so they pull the strings and they get the breaks.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

Not a very meaningful boast.  There are 6 other teams within 10 bucks of the average Bills ticket.  For another $25 or less, you can get a seat for either LA in their gleaming new stadium---or a Cowboys game at Jerry World.

The true price outliers are at the top, not the bottom.  And a huge chunk of the secondary market will still be STH's who want to make money hawking their tickets even after they have to pay PSL.

Edited by Mr. WEO

11 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I hate this.

The Bills and NFL will be making a ton more money with a new stadium. 

Pegulas net worth and Forbes evaluation of the team will likely go way up as well. 

It's greedy. 

***** PSLs 

The NFL is not a non-profit organization.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/24/2021 at 12:55 PM, Virgil said:

I don’t care how many teams do it.  This is the definition of greed 

It's Capitalism, it can look like greed sometimes and there are lines.  Not sure this crosses that line.  Its supply and demand.  There will be people willing to pay.

10 minutes ago, mattynh said:

It's Capitalism, it can look like greed sometimes and there are lines.  Not sure this crosses that line.  Its supply and demand.  There will be people willing to pay.

Exactly. The Bills are just now catching up to the rest of the NFL, and that’s just how it is. Nobody needs to attend a football game, so it’s hardly the definition of greed. 

On 9/24/2021 at 12:08 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Why? It's very likely that PSL's can be spread over a few seasons. So the impact will be blunted. It will be an extra bump of $10-20 per ticket. Personally I've been expecting this. But they better make this stadium worth it.

If what you’re saying is correct, then it certainly would have been better for them to avoid the buzzword of “PSL” at all.

Simply raise the price of tickets $10-$20 and let that be that.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

If what you’re saying is correct, then it certainly would have been better for them to avoid the buzzword of “PSL” at all.

It has more to do on how the gameday tickets and PSLs are divided by the owners.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

They'll do both, raising 100-200 million with the PSLs, and then a similar amount each year which will pay for their portion of the stadium (and then some.)

38 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

You're better off buying a nice tv and a comfy recliner to watch Bills games because at the end of the day you'll actually own those. 

Unless you enjoy going to the games in person (and all that experience includes ) more than watching on TV.