New stadium will have PSLs for season ticket holders

Albany,n.y.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

You'll also have to pay $5 every time you have to take a leak.

And wash your hands - the frugal consumer will take a leak in the sink and get 2 for 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

So that was the theory pitched when the expansion Ravens came to town.  Buy the PSLs, it's an investment.  Here is the fine print...  If you fail to renew your seasons, you lose the PSL (hence why I dubbed it the personal sucker license).  The team could sell it to the next person all over again.  My buddy bought the PSL back in the day.  He did sell it for a profit, but after holding it for 10+ years, he made about 1000 on four seats.. 

So woukd you have to resell them between your last home game and a certain date set by the team in offseason?

I'm just curious how all this works and how shady it is or isnt

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I get the initial knee jerk reaction but these PSLs are practically a mini stock in the team. Bills tix are always in high demand. Inflation through the roof. 5-10years from now, with inflation and the josh allen effect on tickets, and resell on these things could be HIGH.

You buy one now for $1k, and in 10yeard they're now $3-5k, you can undercut the team a little and pocket a nice little profit, or leave it in your will to your kids.

I'm not saying PSLs are great I'm so thrilled. I'm saying there are def some PROs that go along with having them!

Think anyone in GB wanting tix would mind paying for PSLs when they don't have one??? It's hard to get even the RIGHT to buy a psl. What a cool thing to be able to leave in your will to your son or daughter after you pass I mean seriously!!! 

The sentimental value of gramps leaving you his PSLs in a will would be one of the most sentimental thing you could get in GB! Is GBs fan base thaaaat much better than ours? No! Absolutely not! So within a few years these will be as big a deal here as they are at Lambeau.

Just passing a positive spin. Flame away 😈🔥

I'm not crazy about the PSL concept (although I'm not a STH, so it doesn't affect me either way), but you do make a good point. And if there are 50k people in the area willing to pay it, then it's cool for them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If they're going to pony up roughly $1B, then that's at least a nice 10% discount.

If it's a 50/50 split of $1.2B, then that's a 20% discount off their $600M. Not bad.

How the rich stay rich is not using their own money to do anything.  If they raise 120 million, that money invested is $879,368,836 after 20 years at 10% a year gowth (according to my compound interest calculator).  The Pegula's will take out a loan for their part of the stadium cost and use the PSL funds to pay their half of the stadium over the course of time.  Am I missing something?     

• Like (+1) 1

I pulled this from the Ravens web site..  Notice the language:

In order to purchase Ravens Season Tickets in M&T Bank Stadium, the purchase of a PERMANENT SEAT LICENSE (PSL) is required. A Permanent Seat License is a one-time purchase that transfers the ownership rights of the seat(s) from the team to you. It is a contractual agreement between the team and the PSL Owner and, as long as the tickets are renewed each season, the ownership of the PSL(s) is retained. PSL(s) can be passed down to family members, friends, or sold to other individuals.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

What a business. I would love to see the skid marks in front of me if I told my clients, "Yes, I want your business, but you first need to pay me in order for me to take your business."

Welcome to the world we call Earth. Get used to it.

Typically when this happens, would the Bills allow season ticket holders to change their seat location when the switch to PSLs is made? We have 4 in Section 136 and probably would not be able to pay for those PSLs, but would probably buy 4 in the 300s if its allowed. 

23 minutes ago, eball said:

And an ancillary benefit is that more expensive seats means fewer idiots.

This is kinda where I’m at. There’s a goon squad/dirtbag element to #BillsMafia that’s very unpleasant to share space with, especially the last 4-5 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

How the rich stay rich is not using their own money to do anything.  If they raise 120 million, that money invested is $879,368,836 after 20 years at 10% a year gowth (according to my compound interest calculator).  The Pegula's will take out a loan for their part of the stadium cost and use the PSL funds to pay their half of the stadium over the course of time.  Am I missing something?     

Nailed it.

9 minutes ago, wjag said:

I pulled this from the Ravens web site..  Notice the language:

In order to purchase Ravens Season Tickets in M&T Bank Stadium, the purchase of a PERMANENT SEAT LICENSE (PSL) is required. A Permanent Seat License is a one-time purchase that transfers the ownership rights of the seat(s) from the team to you. It is a contractual agreement between the team and the PSL Owner and, as long as the tickets are renewed each season, the ownership of the PSL(s) is retained. PSL(s) can be passed down to family members, friends, or sold to other individuals.

It looks like there are 3rd party PSL resale sites out there.

FWIW.

http://www.seatdibs.com/

• Shocked 1

So I wanted to make sure I was presenting the correct info, so I texted my friend about his Ravens PSL experience.

Paid $750 for mid upper deck at 10 yard line in 1996.

Sold for $900 in 2016

So after holding for 10 years, they essentially did not meaningfully increase in value.

Ravens web site says PSLs cost between $750 upper level corner seats (i.e. worst seats in the house) to $8000 (lower level mid field).

Edited by wjag
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

It looks like there are 3rd party PSL resale sites out there.

FWIW.

http://www.seatdibs.com/

For sure.  There is an entire market place set up to resell.  The waiting list in Baltimore for seasons is 3,000 long.  So if you want to jump the waiting list, you go to the marketplace to buy someone's seasons and their PSL.  The PSLs are all sold out in Baltimore.  No shortage of folks wanting the tix.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, wjag said:

For sure.  There is an entire market place set up to resell.  The waiting list in Baltimore for seasons is 3,000 long.  So if you want to jump the waiting list, you go to the marketplace to buy someone's seasons and their PSL.  The PSLs are all sold out in Baltimore.  No shortage of folks wanting the tix.

That's what I figured it would be.  If your team is playing well it seems to me you are not going to lose money and probably make a few $s.

• Like (+1) 2