New stadium will have PSLs for season ticket holders

Albany,n.y.

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'd be aggressive with the pricing on PSL's. Strike while the iron is hot. Make the experience world-class and field a winning team and rich people will come. 

Added a word.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How so? You are charging the stadium user part of the cost of building a new stadium. 

Ticket revenue is shared with the visiting team. PSL's are not.

That is not an insignificant factor moving forward. Teams like the Bills, with much less stadium generated unshared revenue,  are at a competitive disadvantage because a much higher percentage of their revenues go to their operating costs than other teams’ unshared revenues go towards theirs. PSLs were always going to be an inevitable reality sooner or later.

• Agree 1

I understand that it's 2021 and where the league is as a business but for me personally I have no interest in paying more money for a much more watered down experience.  I have already known before now that once the new stadium is here I am stepping down as a season ticket holder.  No regrets on my end though, I will walk away with a lifetime of memories from all the years at the Ralph or Rich(only two stadium names that really count) and still attend games at the new place occasionally. 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Added a word.

I agree that in a perfect world they wouldn't exist. 

Also, if I was Jeff Bezos I would have purchased the Bills and built a world-class stadium myself and still had $100 billion. 

But in the NFL you either pay the price or the product goes away. We have to decide whether we are willing to pay the price as a fanbase and community. 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Added a word.

This also isn’t an insignificant factor as well. Over the last generation, the middle class has slowly been priced out of attending sporting events on an increasing basis. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Do you truly believe people living in true poverty or lower middle class people are the ones buying the season tickets to start with?

No.  I don't.  But what about middle class and upper middle class people (aka - the ones you left out of your question)?  Many of THOSE people are the ones buying season tickets.

It is laughable if anybody thinks they are going to be able to resell these PSLs to recoup their money in the future.  I think it was Baltimore where they stated this also, but when it was time to resell the PSLs they were worthless.(granted their PSLs cost a lot more money).  It might of been the Jets but I thought it was Baltimore. 

It is what it is and it is the price of doing business in the NFL.  It is nothing but pure greed but welcome to the NFL.  If we don't like it there will be 5 other cities ready to pounce to steal the Bills.  I hate but it is certainly not unique to buffalo.  Even the $40 - $50 parking now, am I the only one that thinks that is steep, especially for a place like OP where we are not land locked and there is plenty of parking for everybody.  Pre Covid I thought the price was $25-$30, to jump it that much in a short time is a bit greedy if you ask me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

An additional $30 per ticket would move the Bills from #32 to #16-17, right at the NFL average of $104 per game. 

I think the market could bear it. You're telling me that if tickets were $104 instead of $74 on average our crazy, passionate fanbase would stay home?

I don't buy it. One thing the pandemic proved is that people will pay the price to get the things they want. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Do you truly believe people living in true poverty or lower middle class people are the ones buying the season tickets to start with?

People in true poverty and lower middle class people have never been large consumers of the live attendance product. But middle class consumers, especially those with families, have become increasingly less able to attend. 

• Agree 2