New stadium will have PSLs for season ticket holders

Albany,n.y.

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

What a business. I would love to see the skid marks in front of me if I told my clients, "Yes, I want your business, but you first need to pay me in order for me to take your business."

It really is amazing. Greed is off the charts. I thought the Pegulas were good for Buffalo but appears they are full on sharks. Losing a lot of respect learning about how they do business. Unfortunate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Virgil said:

I don’t care how many teams do it.  This is the definition of greed 

If people want your business's products and services so badly that there is a waiting list to simply buy it from you, and you can charge a premium for the privilege of doing business... that's just good ol American capitalism, my man.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

If they're going to pony up roughly $1B, then that's at least a nice 10% discount.

That's a fair point if we're talking about a discount on most things.  But that's not the way rich people think and that's why they're rich and the rest of us are not.  Also, I'd be surprised if their share of the cost approaches $1 billion. 

1 minute ago, CuseBill said:

That's a fair point if we're talking about a discount on most things.  But that's not the way rich people think and that's why they're rich and the rest of us are not.  Also, I'd be surprised if their share of the cost approaches $1 billion. 

Yeah, see my edit on the lower cost. It makes their discount even higher.

I'd say this is right in line with the way rich people operate. They'll milk any penny they can, no matter how trivial it seems, in order to hang onto their own pennies.

If it's $120M, then so be it. They'll take it.

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Not TOO bad considering it’s a one-time charge.  Obviously some STH’ers will balk, but I’m guessing very few will.  Even if we’re a middling team again (God forbid) when the time comes.

I agree that very few STHs will walk because of it.  I'm presuming that the team did quite a bit of market research on how best to price PSLs to both retain season ticket holders and effectively implement a system like this.  The lower-capacity stadium also makes quite a bit more sense now.  

2 minutes ago, Patience said:

I'm presuming that the team did quite a bit of market research on how best to price PSLs to both retain season ticket holders and effectively implement a system like this. 

I had Rams season tickets and was sent a detailed survey on my views on pricing and options on PSL's.

I have 8 Bills tix and was not sent any info. Did any season tix holders receive a survey?

44 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

What a business. I would love to see the skid marks in front of me if I told my clients, "Yes, I want your business, but you first need to pay me in order for me to take your business."

Good news! , you only need to pay me a lot of money once to have the right to pay me a lot more money on a recurring basis! 

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

It really is amazing. Greed is off the charts. I thought the Pegulas were good for Buffalo but appears they are full on sharks. Losing a lot of respect learning about how they do business. Unfortunate. 

it’s not solely Pegula’s it’s the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ticketssince61 said:

I had Rams season tickets and was sent a detailed survey on my views on pricing and options on PSL's.

I have 8 Bills tix and was not sent any info. Did any season tix holders receive a survey?

Not that I know of, but I feel the Pegulas took a much lower profile on all their research. And rightfully so with what a "small town" Buffalo is, and how difficult enough it is to control leaks and rumors. Whereas everyone knew the Rams were looking to build a new stadium.

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, see my edit on the lower cost. It makes their discount even higher.

I'd say this is right in line with the way rich people operate. They'll milk any penny they can, no matter how trivial it seems, in order to hang onto their own pennies.

If it's $120M, then so be it. They'll take it.

An acquisitive nature is part of how the rich got that way.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Virgil said:

21 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

that's just good ol American capitalism, my man.

You're both correct.

• Like (+1) 5

The thought of paying an organization just for the ability to pay the same organization for a product disgusts me.

How this became acceptable to fans completely blows my mind.  It's nothing I would ever do; that's for sure.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Or, the cost of doing business with me will now cost you $1,000 more. It’s a free market and we are free to participate in that market or not. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

How so? You are charging the stadium user part of the cost of building a new stadium. 

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’ve never understood why PSL’s ever became a thing. Why not just raise season tickets prices the equivalent amount? I just don’t see how creating a separate charge ever became preferable for the team or the buyers. 

Ticket revenue is shared with the visiting team. PSL's are not.

• Like (+1) 5