New stadium will have PSLs for season ticket holders

Albany,n.y.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-to-sell-personal-seat-licenses-to-help-pay-for-private-portion-of-new-stadium/article_c16caec0-1be5-11ec-967c-1fdcafe359cf.html

Not only are ticket prices bound to increase for NFL games at the Buffalo Bills’ proposed new stadium in Orchard Park, but season ticket holders will likely first have to pay $1,000 or more for the privilege to buy them.

Bills owners Kim and Terry Pegula plan to pay for a portion of their share of any “public/private partnership” struck with New York State and Erie County to construct a new stadium by selling personal seat licenses, a revenue source used to help pay for more than half the stadiums in the league.

“We will definitely have PSLs as part of a new stadium,” said Ron Raccuia, the executive vice president and lead negotiator for Pegula Sports and Entertainment, during an interview this week with The Buffalo News. “Every new stadium that’s opened since 2009 have utilized PSLs.”

Bills to sell about 50,000 PSLs, season tickets

The Bills’ least expensive PSLs in their proposed new stadium are expected to begin around $1,000, Raccuia said, and the requirement to buy a PSL will apply to every season ticket holder.

A price range has not been determined.

Raccuia said the PSLs will be perpetual and transferrable, meaning they will not need to be renewed and can be resold to a third party.

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Well there goes my hope of getting season tickets.

Why? It's very likely that PSL's can be spread over a few seasons. So the impact will be blunted. It will be an extra bump of $10-20 per ticket. Personally I've been expecting this. But they better make this stadium worth it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Is anyone surprised by this?

At least it's only a one-time charge and transferable.

Although I agree, at the same time, depending on how much a good seat license cost, you could be spending, ill venture to guess, up to 8k for 4 seats. 

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Although I agree, at the same time, depending on how much a good seat license cost, you could be spending, ill venture to guess, up to 8k for 4 seats. 

Im in section 109 and I kind of had in my head that $2500 a seat would be in the ballpark. I bet the primo seats might command something like 4-5k each. 

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If you do the math, it's unlikely very many seats would have PSL's in the $1,000-2,000 range.  They need a lot more money up front to finance the amount they are likely going to be asked to contribute.  If 60,000 seats averaged $2,000 per PSL, that's only $120 million. 

Not unexpected, but the problem is that not only do you pay for the PSL but you still have to pay for your tickets  which I am sure prices will go up.

I have 8 lower level seats between the yard lines. I don't think I would want to pay $20,000 to $40,000 for the right to buy my season tickets where the price will go up from 135 a ticket to probably 200 a ticket (and those seats were $90 just a few years ago)

I had great Rams seats when they first came back to LA, but it was around $50K to buy a PSL so I gave them up when they moved to SOFI

10 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Not unexpected, but the problem is that not only do you pay for the PSL but you still have to pay for your tickets  which I am sure prices will go up.

I have 8 lower level seats between the yard lines. I don't think I would want to pay $20,000 to $40,000 for the right to buy my season tickets where the price will go up from 135 a ticket to probably 200 a ticket (and those seats were $90 just a few years ago)

I had great Rams seats when they first came back to LA, but it was around $50K to buy a PSL so I gave them up when they moved to SOFI

This is exactly why I have reduced my number of seats down to 4 in the lower level. And also the reason I haven’t gone with Kelly club. I’m prepared to pony up for a PSL on my current 4, but was worried if I had switched to Kelly club at some point I’d be priced out of a new stadium and have to go back to the bottom seniority wise for regular seats. I think they kind of treat seniority for club seats and the rest as separate entities. 

25 minutes ago, CuseBill said:

If you do the math, it's unlikely very many seats would have PSL's in the $1,000-2,000 range.  They need a lot more money up front to finance the amount they are likely going to be asked to contribute.  If 60,000 seats averaged $2,000 per PSL, that's only $120 million. 

If they're going to pony up roughly $1B, then that's at least a nice 10% discount.

If it's a 50/50 split of $1.2B, then that's a 20% discount off their $600M. Not bad.

Edited by DrDawkinstein