Get ready for Monday Night Football, playoff style

Draconator

I'm a cord cutter with streaming sunday ticket, so I hope this game is OTA. I already have to  buy a month of streaming cable service for each of the two Bills MNF games otherwise I'll have to keep going to illicit streaming sites and I could lose interest in giving the NFL hundreds of dollars per year.

37 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I must be in the minority, but I LOVE primetime/night games! That's when the top teams play and the stakes are highest.

Isn't that where you want to be?

1PM Sunday is nice here and there, but that's Jaguars vs Texans territory. 

there you go brother.  You said it right.  Primetime is the right time.  That people always have a bunch of negativity about things like this is ridiculous.  Football is awesome.  Be happy every year that we make the playoffs.  Who cares what the time and date is.  The Bills-Colts game was an amazingly exciting game and it was played at 1:00 pm on Saturday.  And maybe this year we play at 8:15 on Monday Nite of Wild Card weekend.  It doesn't matter, because we are in the playoffs!!

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

there you go brother.  You said it right.  Primetime is the right time.  That people always have a bunch of negativity about things like this is ridiculous.  Football is awesome.  Be happy every year that we make the playoffs.  Who cares what the time and date is.  The Bills-Colts game was an amazingly exciting game and it was played at 1:00 pm on Saturday.  And maybe this year we play at 8:15 on Monday Nite of Wild Card weekend.  It doesn't matter, because we are in the playoffs!!

YES! After decades of being irrelevant I want the Bills on the biggest stage, with the A-team of broadcasters and all the national attention.

Otherwise, what's the goal? You don't "sneak" into the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Devil’s advocate:

What’s the difference between playing

Monday and then the following Sunday 

VS

Sunday and then the Followimg Saturday?

The  Monday schedule allows you a day of rest before the first playoff game AND you know who your next opponent will be before you play.

Something to be said for that.

Did not consider that. Duly noted. I enjoy an expedited jump to conclusion.

How wonderful will it be to watch teams that would until now not be considered good enough to be in the post season, what’s next, five years from now even more mediocre teams get in the playoffs, everyone gets a star ️, let’s water down the post season till all the bad teams get in…

Edited by Don Otreply

On 9/24/2021 at 10:24 AM, MiltonWaddams said:

That puts a team at a major disadvantage the following week. Horrible idea that I want the Bills to be no part of…unless they play that team the following week…

How is it any different from playing a wildcard game on a Sunday and then a Saturday game for the divisional round?

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

How is it any different from playing a wildcard game on a Sunday and then a Saturday game for the divisional round?

Someone already covered that with me. Read the thread. For goodness sake. Read the darn thread. I don’t accept being made to look like an ass twice in the same thread the same way based on the same post.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/24/2021 at 7:52 PM, Don Otreply said:

How wonderful will it be to watch teams that would until now not be considered good enough to be in the post season, what’s next, five years from now even more mediocre teams get in the playoffs, everyone gets a star ️, let’s water down the post season till all the bad teams get in…

I see your point, but last year a 7-9 WFT made the playoffs by winning a division that apparently nobody wanted to win. No doubt there were at least two teams who didn't make the playoffs but deserved it more than WFT did. Before, ~38% of the teams made the playoffs. Now it's ~44%. Not a huge difference.

But I think we all know the reason isn't competition, it's money. They'll rake in a ton of TV revenue on the extra games.

17 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I see your point, but last year a 7-9 WFT made the playoffs by winning a division that apparently nobody wanted to win. No doubt there were at least two teams who didn't make the playoffs but deserved it more than WFT did. Before, ~38% of the teams made the playoffs. Now it's ~44%. Not a huge difference.

But I think we all know the reason isn't competition, it's money. They'll rake in a ton of TV revenue on the extra games.

Of course it’s money, football is secondary to the NFL,