Who is your most hated division rival now?

AFC E  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya hate?

• Jets
    • Dolphins
    • Patriots

Since Brady has left the Pats, I don't have the same hate towards them.

I just never liked the Jets.  I don't like their fans.  I'm glad Darnold is playing well and Zach Wilson still thinking it's training camp.  

However, I don't want them to suck.  I want them to be like 6-11every year so that won't get that top pick for another top QB.

• Agree 1

As far as "hate", that is still reserved for the Pats, especially if Belichek is still around.

Jets are the Sisyphus of the NFL, they will suck for a long long time and every three or so years draft the next savior QB with a very high pick (Darnold and the new savior is Zach Wilson)  then, like the mythological Sisyphus, spend the next few years trying to roll the boulder up the mountain only to have the weight come crashing down and roll over them.  Zach Wilson will be another Jet ruined QB until he leaves.  Then repeat the this process for decades.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

legacy is the fish from the 0 for the 1970s daze...then came the Pats and the same dominance over us thanks to TB-BB and our long-term incompetence...Jets..meh not worth it..outside the div...Chiefs, the road to the SB requires beating them....Steelers-Ravens...playoff wins usually required...NFC...Cowboys always a valued scalp...

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

For those of us of a certain age, it is hard to top the Dolphins, though the Pats have made a valiant run for most hated!

Agreed.  I didn't see a Buffalo win vs. Miami until I was 11 years old.  They will always be my most hated.  I don't think there's a football game I've ever rooted for the Fish in unless them winning would benefit the Bills.

23 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

NE replaced Miami about 17 years ago.

Nope.  There's a certain level of respect I have for BB and Brady, and let's face it, the Bills just sucked.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

From everything I’ve heard being around older fans and fans my age … I have to think for fans over 50 it’s the Dolphins, and for fans under 50, it’s the Patriots.  

The Jets.. meh… I used to live in Long Island and hated them for a while because I was around their fans a lot.  The Allen/Darnold thing was interesting for a year or two.   

But for me… it’s the Pats x a million.  

My entire adolescent & adult life, all I’ve known is them dominating our division until recently.  

• Like (+1) 2

I grew up hating the Dolphins, but the Patriots have taken their place. Yea Miami beat us in the 70s but the Bills during the rivalry had points of being better then Miami. With NE the level of success the Pats had for two, even three decades as Bledsoe and Parcells knocked the 90s Bills off their perch, that arrogance with it, the Bills lack of success during that period, takes this to a far greater place of dislike.

The Bills and Miami both being down for so long also really impacts this as it was hard for either fanbase to really talk smack to each other. Maybe with the Bills recent manhandling and success with Miami and the league in general it could restart things, but Buffalo Miami was a cultural war too of warm vs cold, blue collar vs beach collar etc.. Nowadays not sure it can get back that same feel.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

From everything I’ve heard being around older fans and fans my age … I have to think for fans over 50 it’s the Dolphins, and for fans under 50, it’s the Patriots.  

The Jets.. meh… I used to live in Long Island and hated them for a while because I was around their fans a lot.  The Allen/Darnold thing was interesting for a year or two.   

But for me… it’s the Pats x a million.  

My entire adolescent & adult life, all I’ve known is them dominating our division until recently.  

I went to SUNY Oswego from 06-10 and they get alottt of NYC students. Jets fans were unsufferable as there isn't a fanbase besides DET that has done less but front runs more. So I still love seeing the Jets lose and their fans flip out.

• Agree 3

As far as team it's the Dolphins. Grew up watching Miami throttle the Bills year in and year out and that gave away to the Kelly/Marino era. These days Miami seems to be New England South. 

As far as FANS of a team it's the Jets and it's not even close. The whole fanbase clings to Super Bowl 3 when most weren't even alive to see or be a part of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

No doubt it sucked losing to the Phins for so long and there were certain players (e.g., Cox) who it was easy to hate.  But they don't compare to the Patriots and their horrible fan base and their obnoxious owner.   All the cheating, the dirty plays, the bad calls in their favor, and a whole list of players to dislike...Brady, Gronk, Edelman, Aaron Hernandez, Wilfork, etc etc make them the most despicable team ever.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

The only team I truly "hate" is the Pats. It wasnt a rivalry the last 20 years. The hammer doesnt consider the nail a rival. We have so much making up to do on that one. We need to stomp them for the next decade before I'll feel better about it. Plus they're a bunch of dirty cheaters which makes it even more infuriating.

The rivalry with the Dolphins is up there, but it is more of a fun rivalry. I love beating them, I get a good laugh at their failings, I hate losing to them, but there isnt anyone I sincerely (and irrationally) wish ill will on. Heck, even in the old days, as much as I routed against Marino and loved watching him turn red with anger after being sacked, my family had a run in with him in 1984ish and he was such a nice guy to us little kids that I could never truly "hate" him. Brady on the other hand...

The Jets, I dont even think about. lol. They're just such a joke.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I’m an old man.  I vividly remember the 1970s. So, I dislike  the Dolphins the most, although the Patriots are a close second.  The Jets?  I like seeing them lose, that’s as far as it goes. 

The Chiefs and the Cowboys were not on your list, but they would rank one and two on my “hate” list.

Edited by Epictetus

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Since Brady has left the Pats, I don't have the same hate towards them.

I just never liked the Jets.  I don't like their fans.  I'm glad Darnold is playing well and Zach Wilson still thinking it's training camp.  

However, I don't want them to suck.  I want them to be like 6-11every year so that won't get that top pick for another top QB.

i'm the opposite. I've grown even more irritated with them the last 2 offseasons as people still pick them to win the division make the playoffs just because "Patriots". Now that Bradys gone i find him pretty tolerable.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1