Shady McCoy Retiring

StHustle

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"The only regret I have is not being an Eagle in my prime," McCoy said Friday, upon signing a one-day contract with the Eagles so he can retire as an Eagle."

He was, though ...

mccoy.JPG

On 9/24/2021 at 9:33 PM, chris heff said:

Yeah McCoy is a swell guy. Who among us hasn’t abused restaurant employees and left a $.20 tip? Going to a strip club with some thugs who get into a fight with off duty cops shows pretty good judgment. Then there was the ex-girlfriend that he couldn’t get rid of who coincidentally gets roughed up and robbed. I think he should go up on the wall.

Off duty cops are basically saints. All cops are saints. None could ever act in manner that is anything less than virtuous and reasonable.

Shame! Shame! Shame! Shady McCoy!

19 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

Off duty cops are basically saints. All cops are saints. None could ever act in manner that is anything less than virtuous and reasonable.

In an interview Eric Dickerson told a story about how early in his career he was still hanging around with punks from old neighborhood, he got a call from his cousin who was a gangster. His cousin told him to stay away from those guys and stay away from him. Told him he was out, could have a whole new life, which should not include hanging with thugs. 

McCoy never learned that lesson. You missed the point it’s not about the cops, it’s about putting yourself in that situation to begin with, especially when you are a star athlete. It is one thing to make one dumb mistake, McCoy has made mistakes multiple times.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsintaiwan said:

Interesting that an NFL player should be held to a higher standard than cops. 

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

Some of McCoy’s greatest hits:

-Party bus trip from Philly to NYC his bodyguard “Big John” and others start spraying women on the bus with water. One women seriously objects, McCoy tells “Big John” to get her. They pour champagne over her head and leave her on the side of the Jersey Turnpike. Other women complain so they let her back on the bus and dump her at next rest stop.

-Mother of McCoy’s child accuses him of physically abusing her and child.

-Strip club fight with cops

-While with Bills during bye week he plans women only party in Philly (because he loves Buffalo so much). Bills management convinced him to call it off.

-Ex-girlfriend that he can’t get out of his house in Atlanta (why does he have a house in Atlanta?)gets roughed up and “robbed”. Suddenly she moves out.

McCoy’s excuse every time was that it was a shakedown. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, chris heff said:

Some of McCoy’s greatest hits:

-Party bus trip from Philly to NYC his bodyguard “Big John” and others start spraying women on the bus with water. One women seriously objects, McCoy tells “Big John” to get her. They pour champagne over her head and leave her on the side of the Jersey Turnpike. Other women complain so they let her back on the bus and dump her at next rest stop.

-Mother of McCoy’s child accuses him of physically abusing her and child.

-Strip club fight with cops

-While with Bills during bye week he plans women only party in Philly (because he loves Buffalo so much). Bills management convinced him to call it off.

-Ex-girlfriend that he can’t get out of his house in Atlanta (why does he have a house in Atlanta?)gets roughed up and “robbed”. Suddenly she moves out.

McCoy’s excuse every time was that it was a shakedown. 

We've been over this numerous times.  The party bus/party are about as meaningful as leaving a small tip for lousy service.

As for the other stuff, they were investigated and Shady didn't get charged with anything.  Maybe he's a criminal mastermind or maybe he was innocent.  Take your pick.

Edited by Doc

On 9/24/2021 at 5:33 AM, First Round Bust said:

one example, of soo many, jock and the average person, who are negative about Buffalo and when they visit-live in the area, the attitude changes to the positive...I took some friends from the Wash DC area up to Buffalo the last time we hosted Washington as they wanted to sample the Bills home game day experience; needless to say the Bills are their second favorite team and enjoyed our people, food and football culture...but they said our 40 degrees has to be the coldest they have experienced

example two...Jerry Glanville, long-time coach, told a story that when as assistant he took a job in Buffalo, that his wife was upset and cried over it, and when they left town for another job, that she was upset and cried about leaving Buffalo...

so good luck to Shady, he was the last of our go-to-backs when running the ball was still a priority..

A 5 year $40 million contract might get me to move to Buffalo and be nice about it.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Cops are held to really low standards, and sometimes they go lower.

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

We've been over this numerous times.  The party bus/party are about as meaningful as leaving a small tip for lousy service.

As for the other stuff, they were investigated and Shady didn't get charged with anything.  Maybe he's a criminal mastermind or maybe he was innocent.  Take your pick.

Unbelievable, not a criminal mastermind and not innocent. Those incidents all resulted in civil suits, he paid them off. I’m sure the woman that he intended to leave soaking wet, in the month of December, on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike doesn’t see his act as meaningless. She is someone’s daughter. How exactly do you think a despicable act like that is meaningless?

Oh wait, now you’re going to say it was her fault or that she asked for it.

Edited by chris heff

21 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Oh wait, now you’re going to say it was her fault or that she asked for it

I remember back then me and some dude I knew but we weren't close  or anything, we were talking about this, then out of nowhere he says, (not my words) "she's lucky, lot of times when these white girls mess around with guys like that they disappear." Then he felt the need to add...."These white girls get a taste of chocolate thunder and end up 6 ft under".

I know it's a kinda f'ed up joke and all, but I admit I giggled slightly and ended the conversation. Anyways, your comment made me think of that

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

11 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I remember back then me and some dude I knew but we weren't close  or anything, we were talking about this, then out of nowhere he says, (not my words) "she's lucky, lot of times when these white girls mess around with guys like that they disappear." Then he felt the need to add...."These white girls get a taste of chocolate thunder and end up 6 ft under".

I know it's a kinda f'ed up joke and all, but I admit I giggled slightly and ended the conversation. Anyways, your comment made me think of that

How do you know she was white? Not only wasn’t her race divulged, neither was her name. All legal documents and press reports referred to he as “Mary Roe”.