Andy Dalton’s charity picks up steam again

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, CuseBill said:

I'm guessing it's their way of thanking him for getting hurt so that they can see Justin Fields play.  Sick bastards.

Probably.  I don't think Fields is it though.  At least this year.  Are you trying to just let him take lumps and go 6-10 or are you trying to make the playoffs?  Not sure Dalton is the answer there either, but I think Dalton's more likely to.

For this season, Fields is gonna make some WOW plays and then he's going to make some horrible decisions that leads to a few disasters for the Bears.

Dalton would play it more safe...less wow plays and fewer mistakes..

Maybe it would all shake out to the same overall record for Chicago.

Anyway, cool on Bears fans for donating.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Probably.  I don't think Fields is it though.  At least this year.  Are you trying to just let him take lumps and go 6-10 or are you trying to make the playoffs?  Not sure Dalton is the answer there either, but I think Dalton's more likely to.

Disagree. Dalton is finished. He is totally washed up. Since the hand surgery in Cincy he can't throw it more than 10 yards and retain any accuracy. They need to get Fields in let him play. I don't think either of them take them to the playoffs but you start the process on the kid.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, CuseBill said:

I'm guessing it's their way of thanking him for getting hurt so that they can see Justin Fields play.  Sick bastards.

They think he’s been a great leader. He’s been in a tough spot. 

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Up until now they wanted to go the dalton route and have fields redshirt.  Now they have no choice and the goal will be to develop fields. If and when dalton recovers, they can decide whether to sit fields again (like what happened when josh got hurt and sat a few games, and learned, his rookie year) or just plow ahead with their 1st rd pick. It’s similar to the situation that chargers had last year with Tyrod/Herbert 

This was a pretty cool and organic gesture from the Bills fan base.  It got a little old when Bills fans started to do the same thing whenever anyone trashed the fan base or when the Bills owned Lamar.  I’m all for charity and giving back but there were plenty of good causes in Buffalo - including Josh Norman’s venture - that didn’t get as much support 

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

This was a pretty cool and organic gesture from the Bills fan base.  It got a little old when Bills fans started to do the same thing whenever anyone trashed the fan base or when the Bills owned Lamar.  I’m all for charity and giving back but there were plenty of good causes in Buffalo - including Josh Norman’s venture - that didn’t get as much support 

The one for Oshei (when Josh’s grandma passed away) was local and raised a ton of money 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The one for Oshei (when Josh’s grandma passed away) was local and raised a ton of money 

Yep no problem with that, because it’s for a good cause.  It’s more along the line of “people are knocking the Bills, so let’s raise money for charity in their name” that I don’t love 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, dneveu said:

Zero chance that would happen

Starting Fields with that offensive line and surrounding talent is a death sentence for that poor kid. This feels like a Mccaskey decision to me, Foles should be playing. If Chicago had a good O-Line and some talent I would be fine with Fields starting but the Bears are not going to the playoffs anytime soon.