I hate the Jets with unbridled passion

The Jets don't matter enough for me to hate em. The team is terrible. They don't even play in their own stadium (in Jersey). The uniforms are terrible. I don't think you could complie a less exciting 53 man roster if you tried. And Robert Saleh looks like Key & Peele had a love child. And I want to peg Fireman Ed in the *** with a snowball.

Maybe I do hate em. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

The Jets don't matter enough for me to hate em. The team is terrible. They don't even play in their own stadium (in Jersey). The uniforms are terrible. I don't think you could complie a less exciting 53 man roster if you tried. And Robert Saleh looks like Key & Peele had a love child. And I want to peg Fireman Ed in the *** with a snowball.

Agree, I hated teams like the Cowboys when they were winning, but the Jets have never been relevant enough for me to have those feelings. I’m assuming the people who hate the Jets most are probably Jets fans themselves. 

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I live on Long Island. It’s rotten with the worst fans of the worst teams in the NFL, save Philadelphia; which we all know is a trash town full of trash people. All day at work i have to listen them talk about how their team is GOING to be great, and then this…

This kid gets it, and I love it. 

6 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

It's difficult to really hate the Jets when they've been largely inept and irrelevant for my entire lifetime (born in 1974)

Yes, their fanbase completely reflects all of the savory stew that is the Tri-State area, but for me, they're just the Patriots minus the actual winning

Yeah most of my coworkers live in the tri-state area.  I can definitively say that there is a class gradient between Jets fans and Giants fans. 

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, I hated teams like the Cowboys when they were winning, but the Jets have never been relevant enough for me to have those feelings. I’m assuming the people who hate the Jets most are probably Jets fans themselves. 

Belichick as the Jets DC pulled the curtain on "Flutie Magic" in 1998.........basically ruining a season that seemed to have SB promise for the Bills by sweeping them and taking the division.    The home game with the deep TD pass to Dedric Ward was a killer.   Parcells getting the best of the Bills again was galling.

Also Rex basically extinguished the hope that "Fitz Magic" was a franchise QB with a game plan designed to make the Gailey horizontal passing offense go vertical.   That version of Fitz had no command on long throws whatsoever and the season came unraveled after that big reveal by Rexy.

The Jets haven't been good very often but they have had their moments where they threw cold water on some counterfeit Bills teams/QB's and ruined their seasons.........and did it in annoying fashion.   

• Like (+1) 4

I used to hate the Jets & Dolphins so much more than I do today.  I kind of commiserate w/ their fans when I meet them at pubs and other places now - we've all gone through the same rough stretch.

That should change in the years ahead. It will be good to get back to having real rivalries and rivalry games in the division.

1 hour ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I live on Long Island. It’s rotten with the worst fans of the worst teams in the NFL, save Philadelphia; which we all know is a trash town full of trash people. All day at work i have to listen them talk about how their team is GOING to be great, and then this…

This kid gets it, and I love it. 

I also live on Long Island, amazing how every year they think they are going to the Super Bowl. Hope springs eternal for the green machine

1 hour ago, Guffalo said:

I also live on Long Island, amazing how every year they think they are going to the Super Bowl. Hope springs eternal for the green machine

It’s the worst. At least the seasons that the Bills were terrible, I never dreamed of talking about how the good the George Edwards hybrid defense was going to be. Or, how the potent Turk Schonert offense was going to set records, league wide.

These clowns on the other hand…