TE greats of all time

After only two games, the performances we are seeing by tight ends is absolutory incredible  I am just amazed at what Gronk can still do.  And of course now Kelce seems to be in another stratosphere.  

Who are you top 5 TE of all time?  Here is a good site for stats.   https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask?q=most+yards+by+a+tight+end+all-time

I'm still going with Tony Gonzalez as #1.  You can make a strong case for Gronk though.  Gonzalez has played twice as many games as Gronk, yet Gronk only trails Gonzalez by 21 TDs while having a higher yards/game and yards/catch than Gonzalez.  .  Some of the stats are really interesting.  Kelce is #1 in yards/game and by a wide margin.  I'm trying to avoid a bias to this eras players but the numbers are staggering.  I'm also trying to take blocking into account in my rankings.  If Kelce continues at this pace, he will move into the top 5 if he is not already there.  

My Top 5

1. Gonzalez

2. Gronk

3. Gates

4. Newsome

5. Winslow

6. Kelce

7. Sharpe

8. Witten

9. Mackey

10. Casper

Ditka is just outside the top 10

What do you all think?

• Agree 1

Sorry, I can't give Gronk any props at all.  He pushes off constantly, only seen him called once.  And what he did to Tre' was the dirtiest thing I've ever seen outside #DirtyKiko.  ***** him and the horse he rode in on.  The rest of the list is great, we can quibble about the spots, but the names are right.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Sorry, I can't give Gronk any props at all.  He pushes off constantly, only seen him called once.  And what he did to Tre' was the dirtiest thing I've ever seen outside #DirtyKiko.  ***** him and the horse he rode in on.  The rest of the list is great, we can quibble about the spots, but the names are right.

Whenever hes reasonably covered I don't think I've ever seen him not push off lol I guess you get some special privileges playing with Brady they had a nice pushoff victory week 1 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

Gonzalez, Gronk and Kelce are all neck and neck. Gonzelez is my #1 for now but Gronk and Kelce are still playing. I take into account the entire career.  

Kelce may push to #1 the way he is playing with Mahomes since they may have a longer time together.

The Gronk-Brady window may have 2-3 years left tops. Maybe less. Then how will Gronk do with another QB. My wish would be that it's with Allen for a few years and a trip back home to the Super Bowl. 

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Gronk ( a healthy one) imo, is the best ever.  It's really not close.

Correct answer.  Aside from his ridiculous production as a receiver, which includes about 20 post-season games in which he was absolutely dominant, Gronk is one of the best blocking TEs of all time. Most of the guys on the OP’s list are glorified WRs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1