Josh Allen - Cupping Therapy on Neck

Back2Buff

23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Right. Cuz when he was flushed from the pocket on 3rd and goal, he escaped to the right sideline, turned fully with defenders crashing into him and threw a dart across his body to the middle of the endzone for a Touchdown to Stephon Diggs.

Wait.😳

nevermind..🤦‍♂️

If his neck wasn't bad, he probably would have thrown the ball so hard that it would have knocked Diggs down.

• Haha (+1) 2

His play so far this year is oddly reminding me of the 2 weeks he had the bad shoulder last year and was wearing the brace. He looked normal and played great against Green Bay, the 2 weeks later was really struggling placing a good portion of his throws in the short to intermediate. Wouldn't shock me if he tweaked something in the preseason game.

That said it really could even be a coincidence and this "cupping" thing is just a latest trend to increase blood flow or something.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

I deal with pain every day and I must admit I have never heard of cupping therapy

It ranks right up there with the magical power of crystals and pyramids.

I.E., it's pseudo-science nonsense.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I am an acupuncturist and use cupping daily.  It helps with stress, back tension, neck tension, etc.  "Wet Cupping" is when you puncture a point to make it bleed and put a cup on it. It helps with insomnia about 50% of the time.  There are several types but the most popular are "Fire Cupping" and the Korean pump cups.  Ignore the hit piece on Wikipedia about it (I heard a Ted Talk where there was a Wikipedia article on a book and the author disagreed with some of what they posted.  Wikipedia's response was that they "didn't recognize their authority".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Geez you people are in the stone age. This is a VERY common therapy technique these days.  I have no idea if it works but it's been around, and REALLY popular, for a number of years....much the same era as that blue athletic tape you see players wearing on the back of their legs, etc.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, eball said:

High praise there.  :doh:

There are incompetent people in all fields of medicine.  And quite competent ones.  PT's also use it.  Movement therapists.  Acupuncturists.  Yes I have been to terrible chiros.  And I have been to brilliant ones as well. 

There is a local well known doctor (Korean) who treated me with this therapy 10 years ago.   

It takes a bit to get used to but was effective.

He asked if he could use pictures for a book he was writing (promise of no face or other identifying shots) but I turned it down.

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I own one of those

71R-3ol8U+L._AC_SY879_.jpg

So that is how you get such a forked lounge.  I thought it was deal with a devil.

50 minutes ago, CuseBill said:

If you enlarge the photo and look at the contorted throwing motion it shows, there is no wonder he needs cupping therapy.  But OP, this is an interesting find and some good sleuthing on your part.  The photo definitely shows the mark of cupping therapy (yes, it's a real thing.  Google it) but hard to say if it's an indication that he has something affecting his throws.  Cupping therapy can be done for reasons other than pain management.

Contorted throwing motion? From a frozen moment in time in a photograph?