Josh Allen - Cupping Therapy on Neck

Back2Buff

I had no opinion, because we don’t know what we don’t know. Remember when he had the left shoulder problems and just didn’t look like himself for a while? He’s had a couple throws this year that looked like they needed more zip allowing the DB to close on the ball. One in particular to the left sideline stands out in my mind. I have ZERO idea if this may be related, or what other causes might come into play that we know nothing about. 

Bottom line? I’ll trust them to do the right things and pray he gets physically and mentally back to the Josh of last season! 

• Like (+1) 1

Despite being an ugly misanthrope, I once had the honor of dating a beautiful physical therapist from Bogota.  She was also a licensed massage therapist, acupuncturist, chiropractor, aroma therapist, and so on.  She practiced all those skills on me - I had, and still have, a bad back - but the one I enjoyed the most was the fire-cupping. 

A little rum, a glass, a lighter and voila!  The marks it left behind looked awful but nothing made my screwed-up back feel better.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

I deal with pain every day and I must admit I have never heard of cupping therapy

Its a specific therapy used in healing and pain relief. One of my daughters uses it at her practice. look into it. It might help you with some of your ailments I hope

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Jeepers, the more I think about it the more I realize I've done some weird s*** in my day.

I regret nothing.

Don't beat yourself up, lots of people watch the olympics.

It does look like a mark that could be from cupping. If it is it could be an injury, or he could just be using it as a form of massage / relaxation / therapy. 

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CuseBill said:

If you enlarge the photo and look at the contorted throwing motion it shows, there is no wonder he needs cupping therapy.  But OP, this is an interesting find and some good sleuthing on your part.  The photo definitely shows the mark of cupping therapy (yes, it's a real thing.  Google it) but hard to say if it's an indication that he has something affecting his throws.  Cupping therapy can be done for reasons other than pain management.

Yeah, Diggs does it routinely for recovery and McKenzie does it (just two that have posted)

15 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Don't beat yourself up, lots of people watch the olympics.

It does look like a mark that could be from cupping. If it is it could be an injury, or he could just be using it as a form of massage / relaxation / therapy. 

I'd guess the latter since they are required to report all injuries. 

That laser to Diggs while pedaling right sure didn't lack power.🤷🏻‍♂️

I think it's 2 games against very good defenses. I expect Mia to finish as a top 12 D. 

I just think teams are playing us different.  Less blitzing,  more zone and Allen and Dabol will overcome this.

And if they continue with the 2 high S zone looks? Kill em with the run like we did last week.

We'll be fine, this O just put up 35. Allen was a half yard short from having 3 TDs. DCs are going to attempt to make everyone but Allen beat them. 

Just like KC with Patricia but they will gladly run the ball all day with CEH , like they did last year against us. 

We gotta do that with Motor n Moss

1 hour ago, eball said:

I believe the first statement whole-heartedly.  I have never heard a chiropractor referred to as "brilliant."  Typically the brilliant practitioners go to medical school.

My Colombian ex could  have gone to med school but chose not to.  She wanted to combine Eastern and Western medicine and didn't feel like the traditional MD program/job would allow her to do that.  She studied physical therapy in university but also got certified as a chiropractor.  She was also licensed/certified in several other western - and eastern - medical arts.  This allowed her to take a more holistic approach toward her patients with a variety of medical modalities at her disposal.   

Until I got surgery, no MD was able to help me with my back as much as she did.  Not even close.  The MDs would shoot me up with cortisone and hand me a list of core exercises to do.  Useless.  But la colombiana would do chiropractic manipulations.  Then acupuncture.  Then ventosaterapia - hot cupping.  Then massage therapy.  All that made me feel ten years younger - at least for a while.  

"Brilliant" people do sometimes go to chiropractor school.  It's not just the backup plan for kids who don't have the grades to get into med school.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

His old lady is branding him, so the other girls know he’s taken…,