Was Very Happy with Dion Dawkins on Sunday

MAJBobby

I was worried about him going into the heat in Miami.  While it wasnt all great, he did let up some pressures and I think got flagged again from what I remember.  But that is an improvement over week 1.  We all know his story so I wont get into it, but playing every snap in that heat in FL and really suffering no Ill effects while improving his play from week 1 is encouraging that while he may not be able to get back to his best play this season, he is improving as he gets in game shape, and that is encouraging for the offense going forward, as this is a position I am watching just because it is Such a hard position to play when you are not in your normal physical condition with strength, weight etc.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

He hasn’t forgotten how to be a top LT.  He just has to be in NFL shape.  The poor guy was hospitalized for four days.  He has another week getting IV’s, electrolytes, working out hard and he’ll come back to form.  A professional athlete who was already coming around in two more weeks with the right work ethic.  Sal mentioned this morning Dion kept Josh’s pocket clean from his side.  

So now he has a greater challenge, but he held up against some solid DE’s last year.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Amazing how the line looks much improved when we actually run the friggin ball 🤔

Daboll really needs to find the balance from week to week.

cut out the funny business, Like lining up McKenzie at HB 1st few plays against steelers.

Lets hope that was the last lesson we get from an opposing defense. Getting schooled. Have to play smart, play humble and find balance with the run game . the rest will come

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And when we don’t play vs an elite DL. The Miami DL is meh. They should play well vs them.  

My point was when you throw the ball 50 times every game, and the opposing DC knows you’re going to do that, that allows their pass rushers to really pin their ears back and get after the QB.  You have to mix it up.  Can still be a pass heavy offense, but you need to find ways to keep the defense honest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My point was when you throw the ball 50 times every game, and the opposing DC knows you’re going to do that, that allows their pass rushers to really pin their ears back and get after the QB.  You have to mix it up.  Can still be a pass heavy offense, but you need to find ways to keep the defense honest.

I couldn’t agree more.  

• Like (+1) 1

Dion will be fine once he gets more recovered and his legs underneath him. Daryl is the one who is shocking me right now. Josh is constantly sliding left from pressure. Last week Dabol ran more as we saw 3 rushing tds. And I think we'll see some screens Sunday. We absolutely have to run 40-45% of the time. I'm not saying stop Josh from throwing but are OL is not elite so we have to "mix it up" as many have accurately said.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

and yes to the point. Dawkins looked healthier.
Now we hope Williams can return to form (injury ?) because he likely need to carry Ford  lol

However, based on what I've read / heard, especially from Week 1 - Ford did an admirable job and has excelled in Run Blocking. I'm not suggesting the O-line can't improve, especially in certain areas, but from what I've read and seen, Ford and Morse have been quite strong during the first two weeks. The Cover 1 group love Morse. And honestly, except for seeing the game, I don't know enough about blocking patterns, technique, etc. to be a critic so I'm only passing on what I've observed personally via the game and from what other analysts have offered. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/23/2021 at 7:55 AM, BigBuff423 said:

However, based on what I've read / heard, especially from Week 1 - Ford did an admirable job and has excelled in Run Blocking. I'm not suggesting the O-line can't improve, especially in certain areas, but from what I've read and seen, Ford and Morse have been quite strong during the first two weeks. The Cover 1 group love Morse. And honestly, except for seeing the game, I don't know enough about blocking patterns, technique, etc. to be a critic so I'm only passing on what I've observed personally via the game and from what other analysts have offered. 

Fords strength is run blocking. No question,