PFF Grades

soflabillsfan1

That anyone even gives a 💩 what those schmucks bloviate on and on about is frankly a troubling point for humanities intelligence, and longevity. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Don Otreply said:

That anyone even gives a 💩 what those schmucks bloviate on and on about is frankly a troubling point for humanities intelligence, and longevity. 

Don’t like Cris Collinsworth, don’t like his site.....somehow still open the thread and comment negatively any time “ PFF GRADES” are in the title.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Don’t like Cris Collinsworth, don’t like his site.....somehow still open the thread and comment negatively any time “ PFF GRADES” are in the title.

That’s because I’m right on every point in every post, it’s a community service, it is done for the good of all football fans. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Don Otreply said:

That’s because I’m right on every point in every post, it’s a community service, it is done for the good of all football fans. 

Oh, I am not arguing. I really shouldn’t have even quoted your post. We express the same sentiment. The fact that they had Groot ranked 82 out of 101 and he’s nominated for the rookie of the week and had an incredible performance says enough. But, it is so easy to go on and on about their ridiculous rankings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Matt Milano is PFF's #1 ranked 4-3 LB

Ed Oliver is ranked 25th for Interior defenders

Epenesa is the 5th ranked edge defender

Hughes ranks 14th

Everyone's favorite MLB is ranked 48th 

How can this be right? There are only 32 teams...🤔

1 hour ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Matt Milano is PFF's #1 ranked 4-3 LB

Ed Oliver is ranked 25th for Interior defenders

Epenesa is the 5th ranked edge defender

Hughes ranks 14th

Everyone's favorite MLB is ranked 48th 

PFF still uses antiquated notions like  3-4 and 4-3. 

Milano is a 4-2 LB. 

The nickel (in all its variations) is the top defense in the NFL right now and the Bills run it more than anybody.  

In any case, it's good to see him get some love.  

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

PFF's "grades" are terrible.  Their metrics are BS, even if they made Cookie #1.  @Don Otreply is right, they're 💩

It's curious.  All 32 teams subscribe to PFF so they must think PFF has some value.  And I've heard PFF comes up sometimes in contract negotiations.

But I don't know how you can accurately grade someone if you don't know exactly what play was called, what instructions were received from the coach, what the reads were, etc.    Plus sometimes a player will change what he's doing if he sees a teammate missing an assignment.  Too many unknowable variables.  

3 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

It's curious.  All 32 teams subscribe to PFF so they must think PFF has some value.  And I've heard PFF comes up sometimes in contract negotiations.

But I don't know how you can accurately grade someone if you don't know exactly what play was called, what instructions were received from the coach, what the reads were, etc.    Plus sometimes a player will change what he's doing if he sees a teammate missing an assignment.  Too many unknowable variables.  

I could be wrong but I think the data teams value from PFF may not be these grades.  

PFF puts together a lot of basic data - what personnel are on the field in different packages, down and distance tendencies etc

• Agree 1

Not that it actually means anything, but Epenesa getting some props is nice to see.  He kind of took over there.  Had a sack, knocked a QB out of the game, and like 9 pressures on 34 snaps!  Yikes!!!!!  Pure BEAST!  I'd love to see some more of that.

Also, to the poster who used both "schmucks" and "bloviate" in the same sentence:  that made my day haha!  Don't see those two words used together very often.

• Agree 2